1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I’ll wait for the box set with Cigarettes and Valentines, Omega 3000, Songs For Assholes and 1972.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 9:55 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Announcement on Billie’s birthday in February?

As I said, I think we recently got some kind of inside information that they were in the process of booking venues. And remember what Billie said at the end of the Asbury Park, NJ show, “It’s going to be a long time until next summer!”

US only?

I think they know we're expecting new 1972 information. Just look at the title and read the comments!!! People feel they totally got clickbaited!!!!

• Confused 1

New UltraQ album announced today and the album art was designed by   Dall-E AI.  What if Billie gets inspired by this idea? I know we’ve seen AI fanart covers for the new album but please Green Day, don’t do that for real 😳 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, GDFan2019 said:And remember what Billie said at the end of the Asbury Park, NJ show, “It’s going to be a long time until next summer!”

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. He was referring to the end of the summer and having to wait a full year for warm weather.

he wasn’t teasing shows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://forum.greenday.fm/t/album-14-news-rumours-speculation/28/3

So according to Jason here, they apparently had Butch Walker originally slated to produce this, but something happened along the way and they replaced him with Rob Cavallo

"As for the release, I think they wanted to close off the Hella Mega era and take a break before releasing the new album in the Spring and then a full summer tour in support. If I had to guess I’d say first single in early February, second single beginning of April and then a third single shortly before a May or June album release."

how likely is this?

2 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

"As for the release, I think they wanted to close off the Hella Mega era and take a break before releasing the new album in the Spring and then a full summer tour in support. If I had to guess I’d say first single in early February, second single beginning of April and then a third single shortly before a May or June album release."

how likely is this?

About as likely as that dude not conjuring up a mega tracklist 😜😜😜

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

how likely is this?

Well, he said himself "If I had to guess" i would take it with a very fine grain of salt

In saying that Jason is a good source 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Well, he said himself "If I had to guess" i would take it with a very fine grain of salt

In saying that Jason is a good source 

Jason is a good source and his recent info is reliable but this particular comment is pure speculation from a month ago and not fact

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

how likely is this?

1-2 weeks after nimrod? Idk.

But March could be realistic (maybe with tour announcement) and release in June/July with a US tour til „when we were young“ and a tour november-december here in EU/UK.

as far as I remeber there were rumours about touring in EU in october/november or something last year. Maybe we got the wrong year 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

But March could be realistic (maybe with tour announcement) and release in June/July with a US tour til „when we were young“ and a tour november-december here in EU/UK.

as far as I remeber there were rumours about touring in EU in october/november or something last year. Maybe we got the wrong year 😂

They do have the Arizona Innings Festival at the end of next month

What is the source/when did Butch Walker said to be working on the next gd record? 

8 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

What is the source/when did Butch Walker said to be working on the next gd record? 

He talked about it in a interview 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/butch-walker-american-love-story-interview-1003580/ 

Also, in 2020 Billie Joe Armstrong told he was ready to go back in studio with Walker

3 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

He talked about it in a interview 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/butch-walker-american-love-story-interview-1003580/ 

Also, in 2020 Billie Joe Armstrong told he was ready to go back in studio with Walker

I’m wondering if that was for The Network record and that was all they intended or if he meant the next Green Day album. I tend to think it was The Network since that’s what came out next and we know it had FOAM outtakes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Thanks. I am just wondering if there might be an overlap and some confusion between the next Green Day record and Money Money Part 2 here. 

We know for certain that the Network’s record contain a bunch of leftovers from FOAM, plus more stuff they recorded afterwards. Could be that Walker worked on those songs, which they then decided to release as the Network, instead as a post-FOAM EP. 
And that what they are doing now with Cavallo is completely different stuff. 

Just found another couple of interviews where he mentions that, and they are all from right after FOAM and before the Network record.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m wondering if that was for The Network record and that was all they intended or if he meant the next Green Day album. I tend to think it was The Network since that’s what came out next and we know it had FOAM outtakes. 

Haha are you keylogging/reading my mind or what? 😂

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

i dont think they will promote their nimrod "re-"release too long, maybe a very few weeks and then they move on, money is made with pre-order stuff and the time during release

they had plans to tour eu/uk at the end of 2022, but because of the pandemic (=travel/logistics/booking venues/selling enough tickets etc) it seems like it was not possible

7 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i dont think they will promote their nimrod "re-"release too long, maybe a very few weeks and then they move on, money is made with pre-order stuff and the time during release

they had plans to tour eu/uk at the end of 2022, but because of the pandemic (=travel/logistics/booking venues/selling enough tickets etc) it seems like it was not possible

And again, they uploaded the RAK Studio teaser just a week after the BBC album back in December 2021

If we could get one featured singer, would you want Rivers Cuomo or Dexter Holland?

Imagine Rivers rapping awkwardly and interupting Billie as he sings?

Sorry, the more great ideas I give to the band, the more the album gets delayed.   The good news is Rivers is so bored after finishing up a dozen albums, he is readily available so it won't be too bad of a delay.

I'm sure he has already emailed his completed take to Tre Cool.

October release?

Please?

God, just please no songs featuring other artists, trap beats or a self titled album name trend and I'll be the happiest Green Day fan 🙏

• Like 3