1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

28 minutes ago, Flashback said:

That black/grey was Billie's hairstyle in October/November I think. He already lost weight at that time. So maybe they recorded some additional things.

But nevertheless, the search for an album title and the promotion/marketing doesn't say anything about the progress of the music itself. So a release in spring 2023 could still be possible.

Totally!!! We got the FOAM single in September 2019 and I saw on Wikipedia that the recording sessions ended that same month

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Totally!!! We got the FOAM single in September 2019 and I saw on Wikipedia that the recording sessions ended that same month

Lots of bands release a single before they're even finished recording the album, so we really can't connect timelines like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Lots of bands release a single before they're even finished recording the album, so we really can't connect timelines like that.

Has Green Day ever done that as far as we know?

11 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Has Green Day ever done that as far as we know?

They were probably pressured to release the single early to promote the Hella Mega Tour. Weezer and Fall Out Boy too!!! Then Weezer’s album ended up getting delayed due to the pandemic

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

How about a Longshot follow up album?

I'd rather a Billie Joe solo album or a fully fleshed out Longshot band so there is a distinction between the two.   Or a new band called ShortSuck, that would be funny.

But Rodeo Queens is what I really and truly would pay Green Day to do next.

Jesse Malin and Green Day, making music sober for the first time.   

Everybody knows Depression Times is one of the greatest songs ever.

Oh 1972.  Where are you?  We need some singles from you now.

9 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Considering Bill Schneider is on vacation (per his Instagram), they're likely not recording at the moment. Not that he has to be there for recording, but from the all stuff we've seen so far, he has been.

So probably going to be recording later then.

3 hours ago, pcj said:

Hopefully, his statement on the subject means he has been able to recover.

“I was on drugs when I wrote some of my songs. It was a rough time for me, but I’m lucky enough to be one of the people who learned from that experience and moved on, where other people just got addicted and more addicted and more addicted until it killed them.” (Billie Joe)

I don’t really feel like it’s appropriate to argue against this... That said, I choose to cut him some slack. He’s been through a lot and as a fan, I don’t want to engage with stuff he does by pointing out its weaknesses even though I am very well aware of them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Considering Bill Schneider is on vacation (per his Instagram), they're likely not recording at the moment. Not that he has to be there for recording, but from the all stuff we've seen so far, he has been.

For all we know, they could already be done

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yes, and the gap between the single and album was 5 months. If the gap between album recording and album release is the same as FOAM, we shouldn't be expecting the album until June at the earliest. Again, I'm not expecting a 2024 release but if you're saying we should be getting the album within the first half of the year, that's probably not likely

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yes, and the gap between the single and album was 5 months. If the gap between album recording and album release is the same as FOAM, we shouldn't be expecting the album until June at the earliest. Again, I'm not expecting a 2024 release but if you're saying we should be getting the album within the first half of the year, that's probably not likely

Well, if there are really bookings for a tour next summer, they should start promoting in the next weeks at least an announcement for the upcoming tour.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I really think the gap was, like I said, because of the tour announcement. Green Day, Weezer, and Fall Out Boy all released their singles simultaneously. Van Weezer was slated to come out even later, and was delayed further by the pandemic

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Well, if there are really bookings for a tour next summer, they should start promoting in the next weeks at least an announcement for the upcoming tour.

I was thinking that too. Maybe not a year in advance like Hella Mega tickets but surely if they’re touring this summer they have to announce ticket sales by March?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was thinking that too. Maybe not a year in advance like Hella Mega tickets but surely if they’re touring this summer they have to announce ticket sales by March?

When did tickets go on sale for the RevRad tour?

7 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

When did tickets go on sale for the RevRad tour?

I think it was right after album release with a presale code 3 months before tour kicked off in EU. 

10 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

I think it was right after album release with a presale code 3 months before tour kicked off in EU. 

Okay so March would make sense for a summer tour

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How do we know they‘re touring this summer?

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Announcement on Billie’s birthday in February?

1 minute ago, Tomcat20 said:

How do we know they‘re touring this summer?

As I said, I think we recently got some kind of inside information that they were in the process of booking venues. And remember what Billie said at the end of the Asbury Park, NJ show, “It’s going to be a long time until next summer!”

• Like 2

Given all this info, the album is much further out than we expected. Anything else is just copium.

At this point i'm not tripping on the release of the new album.  It'll come when its ready, besides for most of us we have more then enough material to keep us busy.  I highly doubt the album will not drop before this year is out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Virtuous Xman said:

At this point i'm not tripping on the release of the new album.  It'll come when its ready, besides for most of us we have more then enough material to keep us busy.  I highly doubt the album will not drop before this year is out.

It’s only January, we have a whole year ahead of us!!! They started recording at the end of 2021!!! I don’t think they’ll push this into 2024!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

1972 is the new Cigarettes and Valentines.

'Not 1972' is the new RevRad with 21st CB and AI flavors. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

'Not 1972' is the new RevRad with 21st CB and AI flavors. 

I’m hoping it ends up being another rock opera too!!!

• Like 2