1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Very. But he cautions that it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re still in the middle of recording, it just means still in the process so maybe they added a song and went back to the studio, are still working on a title, art concept, a tracklist, etc.  So just that it’s still being worked on to some extent.

It could also be a situation like 21CB when they recorded Murder City at the last minute, I believe just a month before release

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

I’d rather have to wait until it’s done rather than the project being pushed out the door half baked like the trilogy. So good news I guess?

Or like FOAM. Damn that album is so frustrating. It’s not the style so much but the half assed nature of it. If they had only gone all in with fully complete songs and more tracks. It’s one underwritten track after another than I only start enjoying it by side two then it’s over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Or like FOAM. Damn that album is so frustrating. It’s not the style so much but the half assed nature of it. If they had only gone all in with fully complete songs and more tracks. It’s one underwritten track after another than I only start enjoying it by side two then it’s over.

The thing is, they actually had more tracks recorded, like 16 in total!

• Surprised 2

25 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So 2024 release is likely then.

I still doubt that the release will be 2024. Surely it's still gotta be in 2023, right?

It is possible though that when they said in that interview that the album would probably be released in 2023, that the probably meant either 2023/24 instead of either 2022/23

Ngl I would be a little annoyed if the release turned out to be 2024 because why the fuck have they been teasing us so long when there's still not an album coming for another year? But at the end of the day, I still want them to release the album when it's ready, not any sooner

• Like 2

On 9/27/2022 at 5:41 PM, localinsomniac said:

They should push everything back to 2024 out of spite

Oh god, they did this... didn't they?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Perhaps they have an overabundance of material that they are struggling to narrow down.    And while they are proud of the songs, they don't want to rehash the Trilogy so they are racking their brains and getting opinion after opinion on what songs are actually the best.

they could also be writing songs as they eliminate others, so the problem is compounding.  

1972 is a stupid title.   Mercury Chest Belt is better. 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

The thing is, they actually had more tracks recorded, like 16 in total!

Was it mentioned before that some of these leftover tracks ended up on Money Money 2020 Part 2, or am I getting confused with some other songs?

7 minutes ago, pcj said:

Was it mentioned before that some of these leftover tracks ended up on Money Money 2020 Part 2, or am I getting confused with some other songs?

Yes, Art of the Deal With The Devil is one of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wan’t there an IG post recently of Chris Lord Alge saying something like “back to work”? Could it be Green Day related, do we know who is mixing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Here’s a tiny update for y’all from Jason at reddit/greenday.fm:

“So I asked about the 1972 title after the #not1972hashtag thing from the fan who met Rob Cavallo. I can confirm there is no official title for the record yet and they are still “in the middle of working on it”.

Pretty surprised to hear they are still working on it after this long - we are well over a year now since they first hit the studio in London. I think a lot of us presumed it was basically in the bag at this point but looks like they’re still going - epic record incoming? I think so.”

So RC confirms there's no title yet, but that doesn't tell us anything about what 1972 is supposed to mean. To me, that sort of lends credence to the idea of those 6 songs as an EP being their original goal.

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Oh god, they did this... didn't they?

I'm so, so sorry. They never listen to me, this isn't the time to start!

18 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

So RC confirms there's no title yet, but that doesn't tell us anything about what 1972 is supposed to mean. To me, that sort of lends credence to the idea of those 6 songs as an EP being their original goal.

I wonder if 1972 is at least the name of a song on the new record

• Like 1

Hold on, didn't Billie Joe say in an interview late last year that the new album would be released in 2023.

That's this year, not next year and not the year after that. 

• Like 1

They don’t want to interfere with the Nimrod release and the dozens of copies it will sell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pcj said:

Hold on, didn't Billie Joe say in an interview late last year that the new album would be released in 2023.

That's this year, not next year and not the year after that. 

remember when billie said an american idiot movie was coming out

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

They don’t want to interfere with the Nimrod release and the dozens of copies it will sell.

Although I did point out a few pages back that the first RAK 1972 teaser came out just a week after the BBC album. At this point, I say we’ll have a single by March/April and the album in May

• Confused 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Although I did point out a few pages back that the first RAK 1972 teaser came out just a week after the BBC album. At this point, I say we’ll have a single by March/April and the album in May

Based on what evidence? Album isn’t even done according to our only source. I say 2024.

2 hours ago, Major Kusanagi said:

2024 it is 

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Based on what evidence? Album isn’t even done according to our only source. I say 2024.

Didn't we already get some inside information that they were already booking venues for a tour this year?

• Like 1