1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

47 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Honestly save Dreamcatcher and all that shit for the big Archive Boxset we're getting in 20 years.

As far as vocal glitches go, there's quite a few that appear throughout the trilogy. Very weird, but I've grown to like them lol.

If you want to hear weird vocals on the trilogy, just listen to the vocal track of Oh Love for Billie grunting :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alf said:

I also hear these 'glitches' on Love Is For Losers. I guess the filters have something to do about it

Sometimes pro tools goes weird with the automation on those filters if you do an immediate automation change instead of an extremely small gradual change, like the automation being a tiny slant instead of a completely straight line  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, senti jamir said:

So Any news from the dudes that released the teaser a year ago?

Give it some time. Especially if Tre broke a leg, unfortunately, that could delay things a bit. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Give it some time. Especially if Tre broke a leg, unfortunately, that could delay things a bit. 

Here's wishing Tre a speedy recovery x.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

I wouldn’t start saying he broke a leg and have that get repeated as fact.  He was on crutches, could have been a lot of things, that’s all we know.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I wouldn’t start saying he broke a leg and have that get repeated as fact.  He was on crutches, could have been a lot of things, that’s all we know.

Yeah, could’ve simply been a sprained ankle or something. I’m surprised Tré hasn’t posted something to fill us in on what happened

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 5:42 AM, That Dude said:

We get subtle hints each and every every day.

But on that day, all hints will cease.

Nah.... I rather enjoy the hints.   😄

On 12/19/2022 at 3:54 PM, That Dude said:

Small coffee cup?     They've revamped the old Coffee and Repent record as a very small EP, which will be inserted into the heart of the 1972 album.   

Coffee In The 70s - 

The new bold taste of the GREEN DAY SQUAD in 2023.  

Working with only the BEST swedish songwriters in the biz, GDS have crafted a unique, and truly fan-crushing powerhouse of an album that will have critics scratching their heads, because while it references the 70s, the music contained within is before it's time.   

simply centuries beyond anything living in 2023 can comprehend.    Billie Joe has freaked out of this dimention and is doing the Time Warp Again.

For the First Time.  

Does this mean we are living in a paradox? I need to look that word up. 

Are you sure 1972 isn't how many songs they've written for the next album?

If that's the case I may be listening for a while. 

What made The Forgotten upsetting was the fact that it was put with the Twilight series...     If it was on its own without Twilight being involved.... it may have done a lot better. 

Now ... if it had been used for oh say... A Discovery of Witches...  it would have made more sense. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, legendary said:

I wish GD played The Forgotten live with Billie on piano

They still could....      do not give up hope, "don't look away from the arms of tomorrow.... "

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HoneyEmerald said:

What made The Forgotten upsetting was the fact that it was put with the Twilight series...     If it was on its own without Twilight being involved.... it may have done a lot better. 

Now ... if it had been used for oh say... A Discovery of Witches...  it would have made more sense. 

I don't understand why anyone cares that The Forgotten was on Twilight. Not only does the quality of the movie it appears on not matter but there's been a ton of good music on Twilight soundtracks. Decode is a top tier Paramore song, does it being on Twilight make it any less good?

The reason The Forgotten didn't do well commercially has nothing to do with the film itself. It probably to do with the fact that it didn't actually play during the movie, afaik it only plays in the credits and the fact that it probably wasn't really promoted properly. I wasn't really around during that time so someone can correct me if it was actually promoted well and did poorly despite that

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't understand why anyone cares that The Forgotten was on Twilight. Not only does the quality of the movie it appears on not matter but there's been a ton of good music on Twilight soundtracks. Decode is a top tier Paramore song, does it being on Twilight make it any less good?

The reason The Forgotten didn't do well commercially has nothing to do with the film itself. It probably to do with the fact that it didn't actually play during the movie, afaik it only plays in the credits and the fact that it probably wasn't really promoted properly. I wasn't really around during that time so someone can correct me if it was actually promoted well and did poorly despite that

Tell me one thing that was "Forgotten" on Twilight and watch A Discovery of Witches....    that is all. 

For anyone just joining this thread, confused by what is happening.. 287 pages in.. the entire thread can be summarized by this video:

And that’s all we know about the new project so far…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 1039Revolutions said:

For anyone just joining this thread, confused by what is happening.. 287 pages in.. the entire thread can be summarized by this video:

And that’s all we know about the new project so far…

Don’t forget these

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 10:26 AM, Sanity Loan said:

And the “glitch” in the vocals at 1:56. How is that allowed to happen?

I HEARD IT!!!!!!!

WHOA! 

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!!!

On 1/7/2023 at 3:22 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

If you want to hear weird vocals on the trilogy, just listen to the vocal track of Oh Love for Billie grunting :lol:

Weirdest way to say "loose" ever.

TRILOGY RULES! 

7 hours ago, 1039Revolutions said:

For anyone just joining this thread, confused by what is happening.. 287 pages in..

I would encourage anyone just joining this thread to read all 287 pages

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, michael1989 said:

I would encourage anyone just joining this thread to read all 287 pages

I would say yes, but only if their economies or health insurance cover for a good PTSD therapy. 

• Haha 3

Green Day will be the focus of this particular summer. Don't ask me how I know that.

• Haha 4

The "glitch" in The Forgotten at 1:56 is just the Slap Delay which you can hear in almost every Green Day song that Chris Lord-Alge has ever mixed. In the trilogy it's just a bit more present than in AI or 21stCB.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Flashback said:

The "glitch" in The Forgotten at 1:56 is just the Slap Delay which you can hear in almost every Green Day song that Chris Lord-Alge has ever mixed. In the trilogy it's just a bit more present than in AI or 21stCB.

I don’t think so. Sounds more like a failed pitch correction and they were too rushed or lazy to fix it.

This thread has evolved from "speculation about the new Green Day album" to "wtf is that sound at 1:56 in The Forgotten??"

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I don’t think so. Sounds more like a failed pitch correction and they were too rushed or lazy to fix it.

Yes, could also sound like that. Anyway, they're just humans, they make mistakes. Like we all do. And overall, I think they all did a really great job with the production and mixing of the Trilogy, so we can forgive small mistakes here and there 😄

3 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

This thread has evolved from "speculation about the new Green Day album" to "wtf is that sound at 1:56 in The Forgotten??"

I think a separate thread about production fails in Green Day songs would be very short, because at least their albums always sound great and are almost perfectly recorded and mixed.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I think a separate thread about production fails in Green Day songs would be very short, because at least their albums always sound great and are almost perfectly recorded and mixed.

19 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

But don’t worry guys, we’re in the year of the new album, so it’s only a matter of time before we hear the announcement!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2