1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I think The Forgotten sounds nice enough. Not the greatest end they could've had for the trilogy but the piano sounds nice, Billie sounds nice, the lyrics aren't outstanding but not too bad either. I like the guitar solo quite a lot

Ordinary World has just never been that interesting to me. I usually just let it play when I listen to RR but it's my least favourite of the album. It just seems like it was just written for the movie and thrown onto RR... which is exactly what it was. It's not terrible, it's just alright. I guess it's ok to listen to after Forever Now but I'd be fine if the album just ended with FN too

• Like 1

Dreamcatcher will and can be added….Good Riddance, When It’s Time, Haushinka all were released late plus most fans love Dreamcatcher 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

We really need to let go of old, unreleased songs. There is a reason they weren't released, or even properly recorded.

This forum will never let the old songs go but I totally agree. A lot of bands or artist have stuff they never release, the super duper fans always feel entitled that they have the right to hear it eventually lmao just move on! It's so funny how there is all these demos but they sound like pure crap. Would never make it to an mp3 on my pc :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billy1986 said:

Dreamcatcher will and can be added….Good Riddance, When It’s Time, Haushinka all were released late plus most fans love Dreamcatcher 

NO

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Some album fan art!

EW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't mind Ordinary World. It's pretty bare bones, but a decent song. As far as album closers go though, its punching-in-a-dream weak. If they wanted to include it, I feel like it might have been a better fit between TDTD and Troubled Times. Or just swapping it with Forever Now.

• Like 1

The only time I appreciated The Forgotten was in that scene in Cuatro where Tom Kitt is conducting the orchestra part and you can hear the melody being played with this beautiful arrangement and it sounds so lovely and I’m thinking man, Billie should be so proud he wrote this gorgeous melody. It’s perfect by itself as an orchestral piece.

Then the piano and lyrics and drums come in and just kill it like a car crash.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And the “glitch” in the vocals at 1:56. How is that allowed to happen?

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

I don't know if it's Green Day related but Chris Lord Alge just posted this on instagram story

324221309-5660814834035774-5866969524536

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The only time I appreciated The Forgotten was in that scene in Cuatro where Tom Kitt is conducting the orchestra part and you can hear the melody being played with this beautiful arrangement and it sounds so lovely and I’m thinking man, Billie should be so proud he wrote this gorgeous melody. It’s perfect by itself as an orchestral piece.

I love the guitar solo

• Like 4

On 1/2/2023 at 12:28 AM, GDFan2019 said:

So if the name of the album really isn't 1972 anymore, I'm surprised we haven't got any hints alluding to that fact! Even the most recent studio teaser with Rob Cavallo from August has the #1972 hashtag!!!

#1972 is just for a social media trend to help spread the hype. They might not have come up with the final title yet. Sometimes it comes at the beginning, middle or 11th hour of a mix with the label asking for a title for album art 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

I don't know if it's Green Day related but Chris Lord Alge just posted this on instagram story

324221309-5660814834035774-5866969524536

Nah pretty sure he already mixed it. It's so weird to me that the album has been done for so long now. I understand why they'd want to wait til the best opportunity to release it but man do they need to be so damn cryptic about it? Not even a celebratory Instagram pic when they finished it. Makes ya wonder what the point is

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

This is what happens when you tell yourself you need to end your album (or trilogy) with a soft ballad, even if it ain't a good idea. Same thing with ordinary world 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonny smith said:

#1972 is just for a social media trend to help spread the hype. They might not have come up with the final title yet. Sometimes it comes at the beginning, middle or 11th hour of a mix with the label asking for a title for album art 

Yeah but in that teaser with CLA, Tré says, “1972 Y’ALL!!!”

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

What glitch I’m playing over the time stamp but I’m not hearing anything 

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Same 🤷🤷🤷

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I've never heard that before... Weird

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It's at the very start of the line. Listen very carefully when Billie says "Another". You can hear some weird random vocal or effect or something in the background. I'm not really sure what it is

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It's at the very start of the line. Listen very carefully when Billie says "Another". You can hear some weird random vocal or effect or something in the background. I'm not really sure what it is

I’m trying but my ears aren’t getting it

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

44 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

14 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m trying but my ears aren’t getting it

It sounds kinda like a voice crack to me

Honestly save Dreamcatcher and all that shit for the big Archive Boxset we're getting in 20 years.

As far as vocal glitches go, there's quite a few that appear throughout the trilogy. Very weird, but I've grown to like them lol.

• Like 3