1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I wouldn't mind if 1972 is a sequel of sorts to American idiot if so as long it's not called American Idiot 2, and as long it's coming from a place of true inspiration and it's not just nostalgia bait. 

Thing is, when you look at how the FOAM cover used the American idiot cover as a sort of nostalgia grab i can't help but be skeptical. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

greenday.com is updated with Nimrod templates. 
The FOAMF era is officially over. Pheew. 

Even the news page covers releases back to January 2021 and that’s it.

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

The use of AI cover on FOAM is exactly the opposite of nostalgia grab, it’s literally a unicorn throwing up on nostalgia. Like the record itself. 

Correct, it’s “fuck nostalgia” which makes it even weirder if the next album is “Okay, you want nostalgia?…”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Hear me out, and I may be crazy, but....

That could be the time the photo was taken.

That’s what the band wants you to think.

• Haha 2

1972 as a prequel to American Idiot?  Yes!

Billie...I mean, Jimmy's parents have just given birth to a baby boy named Billie. I mean, Jimmy.   And their struggles in Suburbia are far from over. 

Water and pizza collide like hearts as Nixon does his thing at a pool party.

And the nice young couple get tangled up in a tale of two cities.  A tale of intrigue and booze.

Brad is the future whatshisface of this story that ends on such a !@#$% sad note it will take your 40 years to recover from the heartbreak.

I think the Network will kidnap little baby Billie at some point and possibly clone him.

Sad ending. Most devastating thing ever laid to tape.

Billie was born, today

In the city by the bay....

On 1/4/2023 at 8:39 AM, nopride84 said:

Def not true they had their voicemails for a couple years and the official  greendaymusic.com forum that we(probably no one else here) used to use before this one also their website was pretty updated and Brian Dr Ron  greenday.net became part of official news and fan shit also between 1995 and nimrod era there was a lot of updates on official site. Also there was this awesome site called rockontv.com that would tell you any tv appearance even an interview that wascoming up for any band it was pretty cool

omg what a nostalgia trip. I religiously checked rockontv!! What an amazing resource. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 9:39 AM, nopride84 said:

Def not true they had their voicemails for a couple years and the official  greendaymusic.com forum that we(probably no one else here) used to use before this one also their website was pretty updated and Brian Dr Ron  greenday.net became part of official news and fan shit also between 1995 and nimrod era there was a lot of updates on official site. Also there was this awesome site called rockontv.com that would tell you any tv appearance even an interview that wascoming up for any band it was pretty cool

12 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

omg what a nostalgia trip. I religiously checked rockontv!! What an amazing resource. 

I remember GDA used to have a section for all those voicemail recordings, and that’s where I discovered these songs

I hope we get these songs on the new album!!!

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I remember GDA used to have a section for all those voicemail recordings, and that’s where I  discovered these songs

I hope we get these songs on the new album!!!

Awe man, nice one. Better quality too than the downloads I've got. Love Things I Heard Today. You are a star.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doggins said:

Me

Who remembers the old Idiot Club? Im sorry for going off topic but it's fun thinking back 

i used to be in he idiot club. rememebr those little cataloges theyd send? i still have a year book promo thing they sent me for nimrod .i also still have a nimrod promo photo that we  could  send them a self addressed envelope and got it back like 6 months later signed 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Why didn't they waited for 4:09?

Giddy up!  

Giddy Up, Green Day!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Giddy up!  

Giddy Up, Green Day!  

Yo that’s Shania Twain

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, billy1986 said:

I hope Dreamcatcher is on the new album I feel that song can be huge. 

I’m surprised it wasn’t recorded for the Trilogy! Because they played it at that 2010 soundcheck along with Stay the Night, which obviously ended up on ¡UNO! And you know what? That song in the first 1972 teaser kinda sounds like Dreamcatcher, same key, and similar chord progression! 

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 1