1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

48 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I hate the dopamine rush I get when I see @Sanity Loan post.

You hate feeling good.Β 

Maybe go listen to FOAM for a few days.Β  Β Billie wrote it just for people like that, haha!Β 

1972 is coming in the next 11 months and 27 days.Β  Β I say we all put Father of All Dot Dot Dot on a loop until then.Β Β 

Even if 1972 coming out earlier than December 31st, 2023, just wait.Β  Β  Β 

Keep listening to FOAM Forever.Β Β 

Now.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Since the album is all but confirmed to be done, there is a percent chance higher than 0 that they surprise release the album

This time, I’m sure they’ll announce a single a few weeks in advance, and I doubt they’ll make us wait for the album as long as we did for FOAM (September-February). If I had to guess, maybe March-April (Or May)

• Like 2

I would like to know ChatGpts summary / prediction of the next Green Day album sound based on the previous album descriptions

AND so I have!

here is CHATGPTS prediction of possible album soundsΒ 

Describe a 3 different album styles based on Green Day’s history of evolving and experimenting with different sounds

Green Day has a history of evolving and experimenting with different sounds over the course of their career. Here are three potential album styles that the band could explore based on their past work:

Punk-influenced: Green Day's early albums like "Dookie" and "Insomniac" featured a raw, punk-influenced sound with fast tempos, distorted guitar riffs, and socially conscious lyrics. A new album in this style could feature a stripped-down, aggressive sound with a focus on fast-paced songs and politically charged lyrics.

Pop-influenced: Green Day's later releases like "American Idiot" and "Revolution Radio" incorporated elements of pop and arena rock into their sound, resulting in a more polished and commercially successful sound. A new album in this style could feature more radio-friendly, catchy songs with an emphasis on catchy melodies and upbeat tempos.

Experimental: Green Day has a history of experimenting with different musical styles and approaches, and a new album in this style could feature a diverse range of influences and sounds. This could include elements of genres such as folk, electronic, or funk, as well as more unconventional song structures and instrumentation.

Β 

• Like 2

I have surmised that the unexampled new album shall be conveniently attainable after the preorder campaign. It is the will of God.

4 minutes ago, legendary said:

Meantime in r/GreenDay

Screenshot-20230104-214850.jpg

Can't find it

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can't find it

Already removed. He wrote something like... "I knew for a while but I couldn't stand it... I can't say more..." too.Β 

On 1/3/2023 at 8:31 AM, Doggins said:

I think the album will be released at some point after I post this messageΒ 

What if it's already been released and we just don't know where to find it?Β Β 

Β 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, legendary said:

Meantime in r/GreenDay

Even if it is basically American Idiot Part II, that would be fine but don’t call it that. That’s a shitty title

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Even if it is basically American Idiot Part II, that would be fine but don’t call it that. That’s a shitty title

Yup Billie wanted to name FOAM "American Idiot part II"

That would have been a shitty name for a shitty album.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yup Billie wanted to name FOAM "American Idiot part II"

That would have been a shitty name for a shitty album.

And I thought FOAM was a bad album name. Having that album cover is enough of a crime. Actually naming the album American Idiot part II would've been worse

Why not just do the same thing to the Dookie album cover and just name the album "Shit". Not as catchy as Dookie but if it were of equal quality to FOAM, the name would be pretty accurateΒ :lol:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

And I thought FOAM was a bad album name. Having that album cover is enough of a crime. Actually naming the album American Idiot part II would've been worse

Why not just do the same thing to the Dookie album cover and just name the album "Shit". Not as catchy as Dookie but if it were of equal quality to FOAM, the name would be pretty accurateΒ :lol:

What if they actually named it Songs For Assholes?

14 hours ago, nopride84 said:

Def not true they had their voicemails for a couple years and the officialΒ  greendaymusic.com forum that we(probably no one else here) used to use before this one also their website was pretty updated and Brian Dr RonΒ  greenday.net became part of official news and fan shit also between 1995 and nimrod era there was a lot of updates on official site. Also there was this awesome site called rockontv.com that would tell you any tv appearance even an interview that wascoming up for any band it was pretty cool

Β 

Oh yeah I forgot about the voicemails! Ok that's right

But still, GreenDay.com was still "unofficial" back then so I still stand by their official channels were never that good at providing news.

I didn't use the old .com boards but was on the greenday.net chat

1 minute ago, Doggins said:

But still, GreenDay.com was still "unofficial" back then so I still stand by their official channels were never that good at providing news.

How many people here subscribed to Idiot Nation back then?

Me

Β 

Who remembers the old Idiot Club? Im sorry for going off topic but it's fun thinking backΒ 

Β 

4 hours ago, legendary said:

Meantime in r/GreenDay

Oh God I can actually see this happening.Β 

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

What if it's already been released and we just don't know where to find it?Β Β 

Β 

They are not Limp Bizkit πŸ˜‚

2 hours ago, Doggins said:

Those where the days. Back in '91 the main source of news where the music mags like NME and Melody Maker. Especially for tour dates and venues.Β Β Laptops, tablets, and smartphones were about to surface.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/3/2023 at 3:44 PM, GDFan2019 said:

We got the Nimrod rerelease coming up on the 27th this month. For some reason, I think we’ll get the new album announcement on Billie’s birthday next month

I always have my fingers crossed that your predictions will come true. But, theΒ fact that some guys on here have had notification that the Nimrod 25th release has been put back to Feb 8th, and that Billie Joe's birthday is the 17th, would GD issueΒ 1972 project release details so close to Nimrod's release?Β 

35 minutes ago, pcj said:

I always have my fingers crossed that your predictions will come true. But, theΒ fact that some guys on here have had notification that the Nimrod 25th release has been put back to Feb 8th, and that Billie Joe's birthday is the 17th, would GD issueΒ 1972 project release details so close to Nimrod's release?Β 

Oh wow! I had no idea!!!

Who's getting notifications about nimrod getting pushed back? And why Feb 8? That's a Wednesday. I pre-ordered from Amazon and it still says 1/27 release...is it the GD store variants that are affected?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Who's getting notifications about nimrod getting pushed back? And why Feb 8? That's a Wednesday. I pre-ordered from Amazon and it still says 1/27 release...is it the GD store variants that are affected?

Over in Nimrod 25th topic. Few guys have had emails changing delivery date. Mine's still saying Jan 27th though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

greenday.com is updated with Nimrod templates.Β 
The FOAMF era is officially over. Pheew.Β 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1