1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

We got the Nimrod rerelease coming up on the 27th this month. For some reason, I think we’ll get the new album announcement on Billie’s birthday next month

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, senti jamir said:

It makes me wonder ,why a band would tease new music but would not give further announcement for more than over a year ??

Why can't they just stfu and release music like metallica did with their latest single ?

Why hype us over nothing?? 

I’ve wondered the same. But I think Billie was just excited and got ahead of it wanting to share a little of what they thought was gonna be an EP. Then more people got involved, more songs, Cavallo and they held them back from sharing too much (which might be a good sign). I think the wait for an announcement is sooner than later.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grinsoniko said:

I’ve wondered the same. But I think Billie was just excited and got ahead of it wanting to share a little of what they thought was gonna be an EP. Then more people got involved, more songs, Cavallo and they held them back from sharing too much (which might be a good sign). I think the wait for an announcement is sooner than later.

And I think I remember hearing the first RAK sessions were done without Mike, who recorded his parts remotely. Maybe after that, they wanted to do a proper session with the band all together and maybe that’s what inspired them to just keep going to record a whole album!!! This should explain the move to Ocean Way!!!

EDIT: I think they went back to RAK first if I’m not mistaken

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm92l9JyPR9/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Looks like promotion is about to begin!!!

It’s more likely a photo part of this shoot for Oakland Coffee https://www.instagram.com/p/ClU1BIcJAVd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Same photographer, same clothing. 

• Like 2

Promotion is about to begin guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

img%5D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Promotion is about to begin guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

img%5D

Snoo????

That's so strange.  Usually Tre Cool looks like he's definitely NOT The Snoo, but I can totally see a resemblance in this picture.   Is that what all those conspiracy theories were about?   It's not uncanny or anything.    This is just the first time I've seen it.  

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Snoo????

That's so strange.  Usually Tre Cool looks like he's definitely NOT The Snoo, but I can totally see a resemblance in this picture.   Is that what all those conspiracy theories were about?   It's not uncanny or anything.    This is just the first time I've seen it.  

This is your craziest post so far, it is obvious they are different people. They do not even share the same name, how could they be the same person? They don't even have the same bone structure, this is truly an insane post

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, FOAMfinger said:

This is your craziest post so far, it is obvious they are different people. They do not even share the same name, how could they be the same person? They don't even have the same bone structure, this is truly an insane post

Wait, is Tre the one standing up or sitting down???  

The one sitting down? Wow. I was confused.  But now that I look closer, this is posted by bubukittyfk, which everybody knows is short for FINK.

Mongo Fink, you pretty, pretty girl!

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

How did they start discussion about the albums before American Idiot?    I don't remember anything before that.  

They did not. Only a few updates may pop up on greenday.net but the internet was a very different place back then...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Doggins said:

They did not. Only a few updates may pop up on greenday.net but the internet was a very different place back then...

What year did GDC start?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What year did GDC start?

2005?

Even then GD were pretty shit at providing updates (via official channels) until social media came along

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Doggins said:

2005?

Even then GD were pretty shit at providing updates (via official channels) until social media came along

I thought so!!! I went on GDA back then all the time, and I had no idea this existed!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doggins said:

2005?

Def not true they had their voicemails for a couple years and the official  greendaymusic.com forum that we(probably no one else here) used to use before this one also their website was pretty updated and Brian Dr Ron  greenday.net became part of official news and fan shit also between 1995 and nimrod era there was a lot of updates on official site. Also there was this awesome site called rockontv.com that would tell you any tv appearance even an interview that wascoming up for any band it was pretty cool

• Like 4

Since the album is all but confirmed to be done, there is a percent chance higher than 0 that they surprise release the album

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Since the album is all but confirmed to be done, there is a percent chance higher than 0 that they surprise release the album

higher than 0 but less than 1% chance probably

• Like 2