1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

In the style of STAN by Eminem:  

6:17 and still no word, I don't deserve it. 

I know Crush got my last two letters, I sent the emails perfect.

So this is my complaint to you, I hope you hear it

I'm on my laptop right now, on GDA posting daily

Hey Bill, I ordered doordash, I'm too lazy to drive 

You know it was funny, you should have RELEASED DUI

NOTE:   I don't know why I did that, but now I'd love to hear Green Day's interpretation.   It's about the same length as Dirty Rotten B-words and Forever Now, so maybe they could blend these into one cohesive song that's around 6:30 long. 

#not1972   

So if the name of the album really isn't 1972 anymore, I'm surprised we haven't got any hints alluding to that fact! Even the most recent studio teaser with Rob Cavallo from August has the #1972 hashtag!!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So if the name of the album really isn't 1972 anymore, I'm surprised we haven't got any hints alluding to that fact! Even the most recent studio teaser with Rob Cavallo from August has the #1972 hashtag!!!

I think 1972 is a big, fast, catchy song that was possibly the first song they wrote for the original EP.    It inspired the new direction and vibe, but as the EP became an LP, the concept changed and now 1972 is just a stupid-good Green Day single.   The album will have a voice that was indeed born in 1972, but has more to say than the things that happened in that year.    

• Like 2

so tré uses crutches atm, do we know what kind of injury he has? maybe plans get pushed back depending on how serious it is?

• Like 1

Just now, GuitarPunk94 said:

so tré uses crutches atm, do we know what kind of injury he has? maybe plans get pushed back depending on how serious it is?

It doesn’t appear that serious if he’s up and around and at a party. Whether it was an injury or surgery, he’ll recover 

• Like 2

He was fully mobile at his party so it’s clearly recent.  Surprised Sarah hasn’t mentioned it on IG?!

8 minutes ago, jengd said:

He was fully mobile at his party so it’s clearly recent.  Surprised Sarah hasn’t mentioned it on IG?!

Must have just happened this week, because here’s Sara’s post from Christmas Day, and no crutches to be seen. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cmm3pasSvY7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Of course, it’s possible Tré is just being his normal, goofy self, posing with someone else’s crutches

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Must have just happened this week, because here’s Sara’s post from Christmas Day, and no crutches to be seen. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cmm3pasSvY7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Of course, it’s possible Tré is just being his normal, goofy self, posing with someone else’s crutches

I don't think so considering the other photos Sara posted with him all sitting in a booth and the others standing around him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

The album is now called "Not 1972".

That would be funny actually they should do that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

The album is now called "Not 1972".

I just read that on Reddit 😂 it would be awesome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That would be funny actually they should do that

Being born in 1972, that means Billie was 19 in 1991.   Which doesn't follow what my brain was thinking.   I thought he'd be 27 in 1991, and thus the title would be tied in with that somehow.   But no.   

Instead of NOT 1972, it's going to be 2791 Tons. 

Yes, that's what my new theory is.  

it's gonna be HEAVY. 

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I hope it's actually heavy and doesn't cocktease us like what revrad did with bang bang

This one will do the opposite. 

1972 will be kind of like Know Your Enemy and the rest....

Cannibal Corpse.

35 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I hope it's actually heavy and doesn't cocktease us like what revrad did with bang bang

Still Breathing was a pretty strong single too!!! I hope 1972 (or “Not 1972” 😆) has some nostalgic songs like Outlaws

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

What do you mean by "heavy".

Green Day has never really had an album that's very heavy musically, at least not since the 90's. When I think of heavy Green Day songs, I think of Take Back, Platypus, Horseshoes & Handgrenades, Bang Bang and a few others. And these songs are few and make up a small percentage of their albums. RevRad is as heavy sounding as basically all of their albums released in the 21st century. Albums like FOAMF and the trilogy are rock albums, just as much as the albums from the 90's or 00's. Even their more punk sounding albums of the 90's aren't that heavy.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Fire him, new drummer, the end. 

Dave Grohl, get in there! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And ironically many of their biggest hits like Good Riddance, BOBD, WMUWSE and 21 Guns are their softest songs

This one sounds pretty heavy!!! I hope this ends up being the lead single!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This one sounds pretty heavy!!! I hope this ends up being the lead single!!!

At the 12 second to 13 second mark, you can hear some vocals.   "leader of the leader" or something like that.

I bet the lyrics are: 

Leader of the leader

I wanna get high and get low with you 

(hand clapping / hand clapping / hand clapping / hand clapping)

January 2nd, 9:07pm.  

No new Green Day music.  Give me sidewalk city shadows.   My own private war, rally the troops.  

I think the album maybe have some lyrical call back to the song "American Idiot" and that we'll definitley get some F bombs.   

Now that I've said some speculative things about the "1972 Project", now I say what I really want to say:   

Cowabunga!

1.       Riff Raff In The Sewers

2.       Summer Station Jane

3.       1972

4.       Plan B 

5.       Planet: Heart

6.       Billy Made A Mistake

7.       Having Fun

8.       I Won’t Feel A Thing

9.       Fallin In Line

10.   In My Dreams

11.   The Cord

12.    No Plans

13.  The Not So Secret Song (Give Us Novocaine 2023/2024) (10 minute, completely different version of Give Me Novocaine)  (Remixed and Remastered From the Cigarettes and Valentines tapes previously stolen by and now owned by one Mongo Fink)   (We like him now and he can spell good) 

26 minutes ago, That Dude said:

At the 12 second to 13 second mark, you can hear some vocals.   "leader of the leader" or something like that.

I bet the lyrics are: 

Leader of the leader

I wanna get high and get low with you 

(hand clapping / hand clapping / hand clapping / hand clapping)

Oh wow! That probably explains why Billie deleted this!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Oh wow! That probably explains why Billie deleted this!!!

or "man, I believe it".   

also, it could be someone talking in the studio, but it sounds like singing.