1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah I get that but where is the "proof" that FOAM was just thrown together?

I don't think it was thrown together I do however think it was made only to compliment the hella mega tour announcement. Not the actual tour just the fuckin announcement. I feel like crush put some pressure on them to make it but that's just my own little game theory

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I don't think it was thrown together I do however think it was made only to compliment the hella mega tour announcement. Not the actual tour just the fuckin announcement. I feel like crush put some pressure on them to make it but that's just my own little game theory

It makes sense!! Because the way Billie sings falsetto in the title track almost makes it sound like a Fall Out Boy song and I Was a Teenage Teenager, like I said, sounds like a Weezer song!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Big Neil said:

No Fun Mondays and the Longshot were great. I wish Green Day was more like that. Seems like these last couple of years Green Day just puts out random crap thrown at the wall to see what sticks when they even bother to do anything at all. It seems so unorganized with a lack of passion. Usually at the darkest they do something amazing but it seems this is the longest tease with nothing to show for it. It used to be a lot more fun being a Green Day fan.

They did put out Pollyanna last year to celebrate life slowly getting back to normal amid the pandemic

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, pcj said:

Well in the last couple of years you mentioned they did bother to release Money Money 2020 part2, Welcome To My Panic, and BBC Sessions. I wouldn't call that random crap. It's still a lot of fun being a Green Day fan.

Plus You Irritate Me, which is technically a new single, and the upcoming Nimrod anniversary set

• Like 3
  • Love 1

A number of folks have said this already. I'm starting to come around on the idea that 1972 may have been a thing at one point, but it's most likely not going to be an album. A documentary on the three of them in their early lives seems reasonable for something with that title. And at this point, I wouldn't even be annoyed if a record - whatever it ends up being called - doesn't release until the end of next year.

God, antidepressants are amazing.

• Haha 1

1972 being the album title has always been an assumption. It obviously has to do with the album, but it might just be a code name for it, or perhaps it was the original title that they've since changed, but kept on using the hashtag because it got people excited.

• Like 1

Tré Cool literally said they were making a new record in a tiktok

15 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I don't think anyone is debating whether or not there is a record. Just if it will be called 1972.

40 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

And in the teaser with CLA, he even shouted, "1972 Y'ALL!!!!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I honestly don't think they'd be teasing for over a year for a documentary. I mean I could be wrong but I don't think they've spent this long teasing something before and I find it hard to believe it's a documentary that has been the result of this amount of teasers. And the 1972 teasers have been accompanied with clips of new music we've not heard before. Like, I just don't understand why they would do that for a documentary, unless the documentary is like directly related to the new album

I don't actually really mind either way. I've said this many times, they can take as long as they want to release music

I guess I meant it in terms of '1972' as a name attached to a project. Like maybe it started out as one thing but they repurposed the title for something different. In this case some kind of doc, ideally as a companion or tie-in with an LP.

In the end none of it will happen cuz they were just celebrating fiddy turns around the sun probably 

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

I guess I meant it in terms of '1972' as a name attached to a project. Like maybe it started out as one thing but they repurposed the title for something different. In this case some kind of doc, ideally as a companion or tie-in with an LP.

In the end none of it will happen cuz they were just celebrating fiddy turns around the sun probably 

The way I see it, they wouldn't have had the huge 1972 graphic in the first teaser if the title wasn't finalized. Like, why go through all that trouble instead of just a simple studio video, like "Hey we're making a new album". and leave it at that?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

It's going to be pronounced "one thousand nine hundred and seventy two"

That would be 1,900.72 in numerals. Not 1,972 (one thousand nine hundred seventy two). The word “And” creates a decimal point in a number.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Squashie said:

That would be 1,900.72 in numerals. Not 1,972 (one thousand nine hundred seventy two). The word “And” creates a decimal point in a number.

Back in school it never made much sense. Billie could pay but can't pay attention.

This is the hardest lesson of his life.

He doesn't want to be an imbecile, but Jesus made him that way.

• Like 2

Weezer just dropped their 4th album of the year.
Metallica gave us a single out of nowhere with an album announcement.
Sum 41 is giving us news on their dual album Hell x Heaven every months.

Green Day really were the worst in 2022 to inform us.

• Like 3

Thousands of records were released in 2022, thousands were announced, and not a single one of them was from Green Day. Bad Green Day, bad bad Green Day, how dare you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Thousands of records were released in 2022, thousands were announced, and not a single one of them was from Green Day. Bad Green Day, bad bad Green Day, how dare you. 

The difference is that Green Day should have start teasing us in 2023. Not 2 years before the album release.
So yeah bad bad Green Day. This marketing strat sucks.

54 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The difference is that Green Day should have start teasing us in 2023. Not 2 years before the album release.
So yeah bad bad Green Day. This marketing strat sucks.

Says whom? Based on what? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Weezer just dropped their 4th album of the year.
Metallica gave us a single out of nowhere with an album announcement.
Sum 41 is giving us news on their dual album Hell x Heaven every months.

Green Day really were the worst in 2022 to inform us.

Green Day are just giving those guys a chance to shine before they blind the world with poison from 1972.

I'm on a Weezer bender lately.  

• Like 3