1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

We’ve had a very respected Reading+Leeds lineup leaker here in the UK say green day dropped out of the main stage east slot next year last minute. I wonder if this has anything to do with the album release cycle? 

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

We’ve had a very respected Reading+Leeds lineup leaker here in the UK say green day dropped out of the main stage east slot next year last minute. I wonder if this has anything to do with the album release cycle? 

But why would they drop out of that and not just make it part of the 1972 tour?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hate to say it but it's still possible the album releases post Reading festival...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It could be anything from a logistical issue to just not wanting to go forward with performing at the festival. Nothings really set in stone until it’s announced in the music business and stuff like this happens all the time. I wouldn’t read too much into it. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cunt said:

It could be anything from a logistical issue to just not wanting to go forward with performing at the festival. Nothings really set in stone until it’s announced in the music business and stuff like this happens all the time. I wouldn’t read too much into it. 

Is there even proof the leaker is telling the truth?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Verycool99 said:

How is it last minute if it’s for next year? 

Someone else reported a while back that they were already booking venues for next year so maybe they had a scheduling conflict with their own tour. If anything it makes it more likely they’ll be doing their own tour then to support a new release and not just a run of festival shows

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How is it last minute if it’s for next year? 

Someone else reported a while back that they were already booking venues for next year so maybe they had a scheduling conflict with their own tour. If anything it makes it more likely they’ll be doing their own tour then to support a new release and not just a run of festival shows

And hopefully this would be a full blown Green Day 1972 tour and not just Hella Mega 2!!!!

• Like 2

There can be a scheduling conflict if they’re playing another big event in a similar time frame/area. If you need concrete terms, Glasto? It would make sense to skip one big UK festival if you’re playing another

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And hopefully this would be a full blown Green Day 1972 tour and not just Hella Mega 2!!!!

1972 could be a complete pile of shite .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

1972 could be a complete pile of shite .

As long as both my hands are eventually filled up, it's fine.  

Wait, why is there poop in both of my hands?   I had wishes, darn it.  

25 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Are they still on for the Innings Festival in Arizona?

Yes, tickets are still for sale on webpage.

Tickets

Saturday, February 25, 2023  13:00

Tempe Beach Park, Tempe, AZ, USA

Innings Festival Tempe - 2 Day Pass with Green Day, Eddie Vedder, Weezer and More (February 25-26, 2023)

Venue capacity: 5000

Tickets

Saturday, February 25, 2023  13:05

Tempe Beach Park, Tempe, AZ, USA

Innings Festival Tempe - Saturday Only with Green Day, Weezer, The Black Crowes and More

Venue capacity: 5000

LAST DATE! 

Tickets

Saturday, October 21, 2023  11:00

Las Vegas Festival Grounds, Las Vegas, NV, USA

2023 When We Were Young - Blink 182, Green Day, Thirty Seconds To Mars and The Offspring - Saturday Only (October 21)

Venue capacity: 85000

Tickets

Saturday, October 21, 2023  11:00

Las Vegas Festival Grounds Parking, Las Vegas, USA

PARKING PASSES ONLY 2023 When We Were Young - Blink 182, Green Day, Thirty Seconds To Mars and The Offspring - Saturday Only (October 21)

• Like 1

What will the album cover be like?

A band shot, perhaps?

an animal or fictional character?  

I think it will be a real life Pukey effigy that is burning like the revolution radio cover, and he will have a nimrod logo over his face.

38 minutes ago, That Dude said:

A band shot, perhaps?

I think it will be a real life Pukey effigy that is burning like the revolution radio cover, and he will have a nimrod logo over his face.

In guessing something melodramatic like the revrad cover. I can see it bring a little collage of important or random events of the year 1972

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

In guessing something melodramatic like the revrad cover. I can see it bring a little collage of important or random events of the year 1972

Like President Nixon and the Watergate scandal

• Like 2

I hope they change the title to NIMROD and there's not explanation and it doesn't sound anything like Nimrod.   

It's just another album called nimrod. 

and there's no guitar, only zuul.   

I mean piano.   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

A band shot, perhaps?

I would like a band shot on the front cover. I think Warning is the only studio album with the band on the front cover?

• Like 2

The trilogy have their faces on it?

35 minutes ago, pcj said:

I would like a band shot on the front cover. I think Warning is the only studio album with the band on the front cover?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pcj said:

Unless you count the trilogy, yeah. And the warning cover is often cited as their worst cover because of how boring and bland it is :P (Before FOAM anyways)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pcj said:

5 hours ago, sondretho said:

The trilogy have their faces on it?

47 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

Unless you count the trilogy, yeah. And the warning cover is often cited as their worst cover because of how boring and bland it is :P (Before FOAM anyways)

Also, if you count the Shenanigans album

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Also, if you count the Shenanigans album

The front cover of the 1972 album should be a live shot of the band playing at Gilman Street say 1992, and the back cover a live stage shot of AI tour 2005?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pcj said:

The front cover of the 1972 album should be a live shot of the band playing at Gilman Street say 1992, and the back cover a live stage shot of AI tour 2005?

I was actually picturing a collage of childhood photos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was actually picturing a collage of childhood photos

Thats a great idea, maybe a booklet of photos with the album, spanning 30 years+?

This is my fav green day photo from the 90's,  black and white. Maybe this on the front cover.

51ey4kr2ueL.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pcj said:

I like the idea of the Gilman 1992, but for the back, maybe have one from this past year, like London 2022.  30 year time difference, and a couple hundred people in the background compared to 75000 people in the background now.

• Like 3