1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

9 hours ago, Clockwise said:

It's a shame 1972 is going to keep getting pushed back with all these anniversaries coming up.

Your user name is perfect for this...

Everything has an anniversary all the time, 😄

Everytime we need it!

How do we forget.

Oh sorry, I broke into song.

1972 is not the title.

12 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hope we get a Dookie 30th anniversary edition. The anniversary is only a year and 2 months away!!!! And then that September marks American Idiot's 20th!!! Hopefully we'll get to hear the Cigarettes and Valentines sessions as well!!! And with 1972 coming out some time in 2023, this may be shaping up to be the biggest 2 years in Green Day's history!!!!

oh. god, how much will vinyl cost then? no retirement for me I guess.

• Like 1

Tsk tsk.  Once would be misfortune, twice............ careless 😂

2 hours ago, Doggins said:

Maybe they've lost the masters again. They so clumsy

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Major Kusanagi said:

If I remember correctly… they said in an interview that once they went in to record dookie they wanted to start off with something familiar since it was their first time in a big recording studio.

they loved the song and how it sounded on the Marshall amp so they kept it 

They also re-recorded 409 in your coffee maker for dookie but decided not to put it on the album

I just listend to an interview from 1994 where said when they recorded kerplunk they had just written it a few days before and weren't happy with the recording cuz they hadn't worked it out well enough in time

• Like 2

I hope it's a soundtrack to the new Ghostbusters movie.  

A Green Day Ghostbusters cross over would end all wars, I'm sure of it.

Green Day become the Oakland Branch of Ghostbusters and the album tells the story of how Kevin Preston becomes an official fourth Ghostbuster as the teams takes on a new big baddie, a creature brought back from the future by Van Gough from the Network.

Jason White is the secretary, and he will be way better than Thor.  Smarter, if you will.   Sexier, even.

Remember the slime from the Idiot video?  Well, it's building up from the streets of New York and The Lonely Island....

Wanna guess what I'm watching right now?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I hope it's a soundtrack to the new Ghostbusters movie.  

A Green Day Ghostbusters cross over would end all wars, I'm sure of it.

Green Day become the Oakland Branch of Ghostbusters and the album tells the story of how Kevin Preston becomes an official fourth Ghostbuster as the teams takes on a new big baddie, a creature brought back from the future by Van Gough from the Network.

Jason White is the secretary, and he will be way better than Thor.  Smarter, if you will.   Sexier, even.

Remember the slime from the Idiot video?  Well, it's building up from the streets of New York and The Lonely Island....

Wanna guess what I'm watching right now?

What Women Want (Mel Gibson Movie) ? I may be completely wrong though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw a thread on Reddit that I found interesting.

Is there something going on with Green Day?

Maybe I'm going crazy, but something seems... off? Quiet at the very least. It doesn't look like they're together much or even working on the new album(?) and Billie was absent from celebrating Tre's 50th birthday, which is definately weird since 50 is a milestone. Every once in a while they tough it out on the down low (American Idiot, the Trilogy) and I'm just feeling that vibe right now. Anyone else notice?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Saw a thread on Reddit that I found interesting.

Is there something going on with Green Day?

Maybe I'm going crazy, but something seems... off? Quiet at the very least. It doesn't look like they're together much or even working on the new album(?) and Billie was absent from celebrating Tre's 50th birthday, which is definately weird since 50 is a milestone. Every once in a while they tough it out on the down low (American Idiot, the Trilogy) and I'm just feeling that vibe right now. Anyone else notice?

29 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Not getting that vibe at all. They likely finished the album already and been touring their old asses off this past year. They're just taking a well earned rest from being green day likely

Plus Billie is known to take notoriously long breaks from Instagram anyway. You must not be following their TikTok because that’s where they’ve been the most active this year

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Plus Billie is known to take notoriously long breaks from Instagram anyway. You must not be following their TikTok because that’s where they’ve been the most active this year

Billie wasn't at Tré Cool 50th birthday on Instagram and Tiktok neither.

• Haha 1

I wonder if Billie will be making an appearance on Miley Cyrus's New Year's Eve special since he had to miss it last year due to Covid. And if he's there, I hope he drops some 1972 news!!!

• Like 2

Okay, I know we have to stay on track, so I became someone else for a bit and created a tracklisting that is ultra-realistic and totally plausible.    This album will be 40 minutes exactly, produced by Rob Cavallo and Billie Joe Armstrong.    Jason, Kevin and Jason take part in the recording process, as well as Rob Cavallo doing a ton of piano work in the mix.    Symphonies, bagpipes.      Some raw meat being slapped.    This is me being serious, remember.    staying focused.  

It'll have some of the American Idiot flair in terms on sonic personality, but the lyrics will be totally different.   More in line with Trilogy stuff, but smarter like WARNING.      Here you go.   

1972 Glory Days:

1.        1972   (3 minutes)   (huge lead sing, harkens back to Baskecase)

2.        Hearts Racing (3 minutes)   (an uno-style banger)

3.        Pretty Car  (3 minutes)  (Breakdown vibes)

4.        Transatlantic Heartbreak (3 minutes)  (a new sound for the band.  Strange)

5.        Motor For Meat Loaf (3 minutes)  (lead vocals by Rob Cavallo for 10 seconds)

6.        Loop Life  (3 minutes)  (super fast)

7.        Fire To Their Face  (2 minutes)   (gnarliest song sing Platypus)

8.        Forgive These People? (3 minutes)  (Tre Cool lead vocals on the mid-section)  (is this F These People re-written??)

9.        The American Punch (3 minutes)   (Sounds like American Idiot with Breakdown vibes)

10.    Riding Clutch (3 minutes)   (pop ballad)

11.    St. Billie (1 minute)   (are they telling the continued story of St Jimmy?  Because Billie isn’t mentioned in the lyrics.)  

12.    Cigerretes and Valentines With the Underbellly (8 minutes)  (Straight up Homecoming and Jesus of Suburbia PART 2!!!!!)  

13.    Your Glory Days  (2 minutes)  (lead vocals by Mike Dirnt for 3 seconds)    (big singalong anthem for the ages)

(please win me the day, please win me the day) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Bakabanas said:

270 pages... what have I missed? Is the new album out yet?

This may be our longest album speculation thread. How long were the RevRad and FOAM threads? Also, let's not forget the MOOTIK thread LMFAO!!!!! 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This may be our longest album speculation thread. How long were the RevRad and FOAM threads? Also, let's not forget the MOOTIK thread LMFAO!!!!! 

This is definitely the longest one I can remember 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This may be our longest album speculation thread.

Now why could that be?

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day will be the focus of the summer.

Are we talking March or April single, May album, and summer tour?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jakob posted some live video from The Cure concert in London tonight so guessing that’s where the Armstrong fam is now (and why he wasn’t at Tre’s party)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day will be the focus of the summer.

And every other band or artist will be....out of focus?  

• Haha 2