1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

This is called a speculation thread for a reason!!!

Keep speculating bud 👍🎸

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When they didn’t do anything special to mark Billie’s birthday, that’s when I gave up on the hope that the birthdays would mean anything in terms of releases, despite the title. I still wonder if it’s even gonna be the title now if they passed on taking advantage of their 50th birthdays. What’s the point of the title then (Other than to represent the year they made it not the year they release it)

They have been teasing this thing for almost a year now, December 19th to be exact!!! Perhaps maybe they should’ve waited at least 4 or 5 months to start teasing? Regardless, this shows that they’re super excited for this one!!!

• Like 2

I'm waiting for the day we find out GDfan is really a mole sent by Crush to mess with everybody. Keeping the discussion alive, even at the risk of alienating some folks.

You keep doing you, bro. Like 311 once said: fuck the naysayers cuz they don't mean a thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

I'm waiting for the day we find out GDfan is really a mole sent by Crush to mess with everybody. Keeping the discussion alive, even at the risk of alienating some folks.

You keep doing you, bro. Like 311 once said: fuck the naysayers cuz they don't mean a thing

Nope, I'm in the dark like everyone else here. I'm sure @Sanity Loan knows everything that's happening. That's why he's 100% sure it's 2023

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Nope, I'm in the dark like everyone else here. I'm sure @Sanity Loan knows everything that's happening. That's why he's 100% sure it's 2023

No one here is one hundred percent sure of anything, but BJA himself stated it's coming out in 2023

• Like 4

Here's a few possibilities about what may have happened with the 1972 title.

-1972 is still the name of the album

-1972 was the name of the 6 song EP we originally speculated about. They decided to record a full album and the name changed.

-1972 is the name of a documentary of the making of the ???? album, and featuring rare never before seen clips from before they were famous.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

No one here is one hundred percent sure of anything, but BJA himself stated it's coming out in 2023

Possibly 2023 I think he said, or maybe probably 2023.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

They have been teasing this thing for almost a year now, December 19th to be exact!!! Perhaps maybe they should’ve waited at least 4 or 5 months to start teasing? Regardless, this shows that they’re super excited for this one!!!

Still feel, looking across the record industry that post COVID is delaying studio time, recording facilities, staff shortages, and material availability issues including vinyl, cardboard etc. We discussed this in Nimrod topic with thoughts it's release date was delayed.

Maybe a 1972 single was pencilled in for pre-christmas. But if there's no recording staff a backlog of recording sessions no material to record your music onto your fucked.

Like everything else once there's a shortage up go charges, so I'm sure GD ain't got a bottomless pit of money.

Edited by pcj
Correction
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Nope, I'm in the dark like everyone else here. 

That's exactly what a Crush mole would say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, pcj said:

Still feel, looking across the record industry that post COVID is delaying studio time, recording facilities, staff shortages, and material availability issues including vinyl, cardboard etc. We discussed this in Nimrod topic with thoughts it's release date was delayed.

Maybe a 1972 single was pencilled in for pre-christmas. But if there's no recording staff a backlog of recording sessions no material to record your music onto your fucked.

Like everything else once there's a shortage up go charges, so I'm sure GD ain't got a bottomless pit of money.

There’s an easy fix for that. They could’ve easily used their own OTIS studio or Billie’s home studio

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

That's exactly what a Crush mole would say. 

Has anyone tried to email Crush and simply ask?

They may not know how hyped we are in GDA, ya know?   If we let them know we are Excitement Level Midnight, they might give us all the knowledge we desire.

I would do it, but have some superheroing to do.   I don't wear a mask because I want all the credit.     Bruce and Peter could learn a thing or two from me, I'm telling ya.   

This is better than running New York.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

There’s an easy fix for that. They could’ve easily used their own OTIS studio or Billie’s home studio

Very true, but you've still got issue of material availability, manufacturing and distribution. You don't want to rely on digital release only, not very profitable?

Are we sure they did not PUNK us and that 1972 isn't actually the name of the upcoming album?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HoneyEmerald said:

Are we sure they did not PUNK us and that 1972 isn't actually the name of the upcoming album?

I hope it's called something else.  And I WISH we had a thread just for title speculation as well. of course that thread would have special "allowed to get off topic" privileges, because it would be the best thread in the world. 

I thought 1972 was just a vibe for the new era and not the title. 

We shall see. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HoneyEmerald said:

Now that I think about it, if 1972 wasn’t the name of the album, or if they changed it along the way, Billie wouldn’t have had 1972 painted on his back for the final shows of the tour

22 hours ago, Mar said:

I love this band more than life itself and I respect the creative process, but honestly, they're idiots for not taking advantage of the last 50th birthday in the band being on a Friday (album release day) and get the project out in the 50th anniversary of the year they're honoring. I had a longshot fantasy that I'd wake up to a surprise drop which is just silly, I know, but they're just as silly for not doing it, right? :lol:

Why are they idiots for not releasing an album that clearly wouldn't have been ready. You can be critical of the fact that they've been teasing for too long, I'd agree with that but telling them to release an album just to coincide with some random anniversary is just a bad idea that results in products being rushed and incomplete

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why are they idiots for not releasing an album that clearly wouldn't have been ready. You can be critical of the fact that they've been teasing for too long, I'd agree with that but telling them to release an album just to coincide with some random anniversary is just a bad idea that results in products being rushed and incomplete

This could also be proof they're independent, no longer tied to Warner's deadlines.

They could be making a film that tells the story of the album, and doing it at the same time to avoid what happened  with Idiot.

• Like 1