1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Okay, here's my wacky idea for the film/album combo: 

The movie looks like real behind the scenes footage of Green Day struggling to top American Idiot.   In this movie, Billie Joe gets the idea to try and make a movie where present day Billlie Joe tries to live out the entire plot of American Idiot all over again, all while recording different songs during the process.   The album is ultimately a terrible abomination and we're all watching in horror as bad song after bad songs gets made.    The band falls apart.    Green Day release this really awful 1972 album and everyone hates it.....but that's a movie INSIDE of a movie, get it?  

That was all a faux documentary and Green Day have actually teased NOTHING from their next album, which is balls to the wall crazy punk rock like we've never heard before, and it comes out the day after the movie. 

One great big power ballad, unbelievably called Salute Boulevard (22 Guns) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Okay, here's my wacky idea for the film/album combo: 

The movie looks like real behind the scenes footage of Green Day struggling to top American Idiot.   In this movie, Billie Joe gets the idea to try and make a movie where present day Billlie Joe tries to live out the entire plot of American Idiot all over again, all while recording different songs during the process.   The album is ultimately a terrible abomination and we're all watching in horror as bad song after bad songs gets made.    The band falls apart.    Green Day release this really awful 1972 album and everyone hates it.....but that's a movie INSIDE of a movie, get it?  

That was all a faux documentary and Green Day have actually teased NOTHING from their next album, which is balls to the wall crazy punk rock like we've never heard before, and it comes out the day after the movie. 

One great big power ballad, unbelievably called Salute Boulevard (22 Guns) 

A real band making a fake documentary about a fake album? It all sounds very Spinal Tap to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If we get any hints that the album is coming soon, I can see them ringing in the new year with this clip

No. Nothing soon.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

What are you contributing besides negativity? Give the guy a break

Please quote my negative posts.
Gdfan is annoying and I'm just calling it that's all.

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Gdfan is annoying

• Haha 4

When the request fulfills itself. 😆

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If we get any hints that the album is coming soon, I can see them ringing in the new year with this clip

I would love the idea of that happening more than anything and to have something by then, but I know we just won’t

Even if they do happen to do new years on tv and like (they were gonna do with miley), I assume it’ll just be an older song 

55 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This is called a speculation thread for a reason!!!

I love GDFan2019 posts but I like saying no to them as well. Keep them coming GDFan2019;) But I have to say no:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Phew, I thought you guys were complaining about me. 

(Redacted nonsense that's not on topic at all)

1972 is the worst thing that's ever happened to GDA....right?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

MOOTIK

Still today I don't know how MOOTIK went that far. Because on the very first pages of discussion, it was pointed out the studio and the people that could be behind everything. People just choose to ignore

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alf said:

Still today I don't know how MOOTIK went that far. Because on the very first pages of discussion, it was pointed out the studio and the people that could be behind everything. People just choose to ignore

And I think we actually figured out it was Panicland before Bill Schneider sent us their confession video

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And I think we actually figured out it was Panicland before Bill Schneider sent us their confession video

yeah, right in the beginning, but the mootik thing kept going bigger

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Because we desperately wanted to believe it 😄

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mar said:

I love this band more than life itself and I respect the creative process, but honestly, they're idiots for not taking advantage of the last 50th birthday in the band being on a Friday (album release day) and get the project out in the 50th anniversary of the year they're honoring. I had a longshot fantasy that I'd wake up to a surprise drop which is just silly, I know, but they're just as silly for not doing it, right? :lol:

I thought we'd at least have a single by now

• Like 2