1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

I would chuckle if Panicland brought out a new album called “1972 “ before them.

Panicland is silent in the last 2 years. Really strange. They have either broken up or they are on to something...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tré turns 50 on Friday. I have a strong feeling we’ll be getting some 1972 news, or at least another teaser, now that all 3 of them are 50!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

There will be nothing until after the Nimrod special release is out.

That’s what I’m thinking too. I’m guessing they’ll give it at least 2 or 3 weeks after Nimrod to start the 1972 hype again. If anything anything they post about Tré’s birthday would at least be tagged #1972

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

There will be nothing until after the Nimrod special release is out.

i remember when we heard from warner(?)/gd management(?) that nothing is planned in the greenday world in summer 2019 and ~1 or 2 weeks later we got foam announcement lol

(iirc)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i remember when we heard from warner(?)/gd management(?) that nothing is planned in the greenday world in summer 2019 and ~1 or 2 weeks later we got foam announcement lol

(iirc)

Wasn't it Bill Schneider?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, senti jamir said:

I lab u grin tea

Caw-fee?

Okay, back to our regularly schedule speculation. The album will be out "when it's fucking ready!" 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I received some demos from the band today. It is called Mother of All Dark Roasts.

The demo is a light blend of songs. 
This is also the first potential GD release not to feature guitars on tracks.

Billie Joe was marked as:

Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Keytar, Synthesizers, Piano, Harmonica and Mandolin. 

Thank you sir, strike up another mandolin.

of discipline.

Let them eat my flesh down to the wood. 

it feels so good. 

I think it's about time we got a guitar-less album, but that they will release something like the OTIS mix's later on that have more of a traditional Green Day sound.   Ya know, for any of those wackadoodles that still like that sort of thing. 

• Haha 2

We should definitely keep our eyes on this collab!! Because of the possibility that some employee could potentially leak 1972 merch!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Americano Idiot

Cigarettes and ramen and a little thing of doppio

2000 Light Roasts Away

Nice Guys Finish Lattes

Stop When the Red Eyes Flash

Call up the Java (hey hey!)

And last but not least gross....anyone up for a cup of Billie Joe?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So everybody's stealing my gimmick now, huh?  

I'm about to get copyrighted, man.  

1972 needs to drop tonight, because unless there's some amazing stuff hidden in the wings, the rest of 2022 is poopoo.   

There's so little coming out tonight that I'm listening to the new album by "the mother of German punk", whoever that is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So channeling my inner gdfan2019, I  think it's entirely possible we get a small #1972 teaser tomorrow on tres bday. Nothing special or anything just the hashtag. Which is more than we have had in a while lol 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

So channeling my inner gdfan2019, I  think it's entirely possible we get a small #1972 teaser tomorrow on tres bday. Nothing special or anything just the hashtag. Which is more than we have had in a while lol 

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

It's very possible we don't get any 1972 news until after Nimrod anniversary edition is out

It’s possible we may get a teaser tomorrow, but yeah, actually news would most likely come after Nimrod

Just heard that there really will be something like Album + Video documentary / or Film somewhere between april/may.... but i dont know that Source Was sometimes right in the past but sometimes also wrong ( not every time green day related)... may tribeca Film plus some music Festival?  I live in germany so this Source is most likely Shit as many others

On 8/15/2022 at 10:09 PM, Jankowski576 said:

Yeah it’s probably just weird to promo things that have nothing to do with the tour you’re on while you’re on it

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Punx96 said:

Just heard that there really will be something like Album + Video documentary / or Film somewhere between april/may.... but i dont know that Source Was sometimes right in the past but sometimes also wrong ( not every time green day related)... may tribeca Film plus some music Festival?  I live in germany so this Source is most likely Shit as many others

I’ll take it. It’s consistent with our wildest  hopes anyway. I really want a film and the April/May timeline seems right. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Punx96 said:

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ll take it. It’s consistent with our wildest  hopes anyway. I really want a film and the April/May timeline seems right. 

All their TikTok teasers, like I said, look way too overproduced to just be TikToks recorded on the spot. They definitely look like documentary clips!!!

• Like 1