1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clmg90Fvh_B/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Well, at least we have another "single" to hold us over

Yeah but it doesn't belong in this speculation thread because it's not speculation about 1972 it's a song on the Deluxe album for Nimrod 25th. It's fact.

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah but it doesn't belong in this speculation thread because it's not speculation about 1972 it's a song on the Deluxe album for Nimrod 25th. It's fact.

5 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

That song sounds familiar 🤪

My point is, at least it's something that could hold us over as we're waiting for 1972 news

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

My point is, at least it's something that could hold us over as we're waiting for 1972 news

Wasn't really directed at you so much as the band, sorry dude

• Like 1

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Wasn't really directed at you so much as the band, sorry dude

No worries. We're all getting a little impatient here

• Like 3

On 11/28/2022 at 12:19 PM, Flashback said:

I'm really curious under which label the new album will be released. 

On 11/28/2022 at 12:50 PM, Alf said:

Metallica just announced a new album, a new tour and released the first single..

Why do you care so much what label they're on? Plus  they're still on reprise.

Wow only a six year wait this time for metallica .come on green day you're slippin!

29 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Gotta sneaky feeling BJA and co but especially BJA wants one more great mainstream album before they are done. I genuinely think that's what they were trying with FOAMF. Maybe that's why they are making this album sound like American Idiot.... 🤔

If that's what they were trying to do with FOAMF then they couldn't have failed any harder. FOAMF doesn't even sound like a super commercial album. Like, is there a single mainstream album out there that sounds anything like FOAMF? If they wanted to have a more successful mainstream album, the most obvious way of doing that would be to do collaborations with other mainstream artists. Even looking at the singles, there isn't anything there that really sounds like it would've stood out in the mainstream

I can't imagine the band looking at FOAMF and thinking "that's going to be the next American Idiot"

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

can't imagine the band looking at FOAMF and thinking "that's going to be the next American Idiot"

It definitely has very "how do you do fellow kids? See we're still with it!!!" energy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Gotta sneaky feeling BJA and co but especially BJA wants one more great mainstream album before they are done. I genuinely think that's what they were trying with FOAMF. Maybe that's why they are making this album sound like American Idiot.... 🤔

Foam looked like American Idiot, so now this one will sound like it. But this one will have an alternate FOAM cover with 1972 written in ketchup, haha.

It could be possible that they are trying to make this one commercial before shifting into a more indie way of doing things.

I'd be fine with them taking a few years to do exclusively Foxboro Hot Tubs work.  

Or step aside and let The Network do their thing for a bit. I'd love to hear a third Network record that breaks free from the Money Money 2020 timeline and into some even weirder territory.  

I've always thought that perhaps the three could merge on one record, and an indie approach would be a great way to do that.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

They will not release new music via Oakland Coffee

I can see them doing a 1972 Vinyl/Oakland Coffee bundle after they make the formal announcement

1972 is just a new flavor of oakland coffee and they're producing some commerical jingles for it. There will never be a new gd album

• Love 1
  • Surprised 1

What if early 1972 just sounded like an extension of FOAMF, so they got Rob involved to help make it sound more traditional green day. Then finished it on while the hella mega was in hiatus for a few months, but didn't have enough time to promote it before the tour started back so are waiting til early 2023 to start promoting it with a clean slate. I've been up for 26 hours

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

What if early 1972 just sounded like an extension of FOAMF, so they got Rob involved to help make it sound more traditional green day. Then finished it on while the hella mega was in hiatus for a few months, but didn't have enough time to promote it before the tour started back so are waiting til early 2023 to start promoting it with a clean slate. I've been up for 26 hours

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Plausible! I'm very interested for promo to start so we can get some interviews explaining how everything came together. We haven't had a proper music-related interview since 2019.

Here are the first 4 teasers, and honestly, they sound nothing like FOAM. I'm sure Rob was with them through the whole thing but they surprised us later with that teaser

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Here are the first 4 teasers, and honestly, they sound nothing like FOAM. I'm sure Rob was with them through the whole thing but they surprised us later with that teaser

Jesus Christ, I’ve almost forgotten those teasers. Man it’s been so long since they started to tease us😂

• Like 1