1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

8 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Hi all, just a friendly reminder to keep things on track here. I know that's hard when there's literally nothing to talk about most days in terms of actual updates, but hopefully that'll change soon! 🤞

We’re like herding cats! 🐈 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Gimme Gimme Danger.

Gimme danger little stranger

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah guys, 2023 is right around the corner!!!

But 1972 will be releasing in 1972 days so it will be after 2023

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Hi all, just a friendly reminder to keep things on track here. I know that's hard when there's literally nothing to talk about most days in terms of actual updates, but hopefully that'll change soon! 🤞

I'm going to channel my wacky Green Day ideas, theories and fake track lists onto YouTube, so that will help. 

And also I guess the random thoughts thread works for the goofy stuff if needed. 

Since we don't have a release date, 1972 could potentially be over a year away.   I don't think the last week of December would be a good time to release it, but we don't know.  

Could be 2 months away.  Could be 13 months.   

And that's not even taking into consideration we are hearing stuff from Jillie Bow Legweak, who isn't a reliable source.  I'd rather hear Rob or the label make a statement. 

Jillie Bow don't know, ya know?

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

I'm going to channel my wacky Green Day ideas, theories and fake track lists onto YouTube, so that will help. 

I second that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

Since we don't have a release date, 1972 could potentially be over a year away.   I don't think the last week of December would be a good time to release it, but we don't know.  

Could be 2 months away.  Could be 13 months.   

I think we could have a single by February, and the album in April

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Of 2025

In 2025, I hope we're at least starting early speculation about a possible ALBUM 15.   

We can start right now, right here if the mod's would allow it.   :)   

1972 - Where are you? 

We need some help from you now!  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, That Dude said:

In 2025, I hope we're at least starting early speculation about a possible ALBUM 15.   

We can start right now, right here if the mod's would allow it.   :)   

1972 - Where are you? 

We need some help from you now!  

1972 will be released in September 2023 and 1980's breakdown will follow 5 years later in May 2028 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

1972 will be released in September 2023 and 1980's breakdown will follow 5 years later in May 2028 

When do we get a re-hash of Nimrod and Warning?   Or a studio album with the Shenanigans flavor?  Or maybe that 2007 Green Day that should have recorded an album?  

Also, everyone be thankful.   I typed out so many fake album titles that could have followed 1980s breakdown but I erased it all.    I mean The Network stole it.  

Okay, let's hope for a single dropping TONIGHT and the album to drop on January 7th, 2023 but be prepared for a  November 30th single and a December 29th album.   

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

When do we get a re-hash of Nimrod and Warning?   Or a studio album with the Shenanigans flavor?  Or maybe that 2007 Green Day that should have recorded an album?  

Also, everyone be thankful.   I typed out so many fake album titles that could have followed 1980s breakdown but I erased it all.    I mean The Network stole it.  

Okay, let's hope for a single dropping TONIGHT and the album to drop on January 7th, 2023 but be prepared for a  November 30th single and a December 29th album.   

I'll take a single drop on January 5th for my 30th birthday.

• Like 1

Nothing will happen this year come on someone please close this thread for a while or at least until we have something REAL to speculate  🥱😑🙄

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Nothing will happen this year come on someone please close this thread for a while or at least until we have something REAL to speculate  🥱😑🙄

what do you mean? they announced yesterday that the new album will be coming out in December

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pinkyy said:

what do you mean? they announced yesterday that the new album will be coming out in December

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pinkyy said:

I speculated that yesterday, is that cannon now?

I don't think we will get any news today. They're probably all busy getting in on the Black Friday sales. Not me though. I'm more of a Cyber Monday guy. I shop online so I can vooo-ooote, at the speed of life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, michael1989 said:

I don't think we will get any news today. They're probably all busy getting in on the Black Friday sales. Not me though. I'm more of a Cyber Monday guy. I shop online so I can vooo-ooote, at the speed of life.

As much as I love to speculate and say “any day now”, I actually think we won’t get anything until after the Nimrod re-release, but maybe at least another teaser after the new year?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I can name 2 threads that can be closed on GDC.

Just leave the Ideal Setlist alone.  That's the only reason I'm here.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Just leave the Ideal Setlist alone.  That's the only reason I'm here.  

The ideal setlist is a setlist where they play the current setlist but instead the encore is the network

• Like 2

On 11/24/2022 at 8:46 AM, Radiation Fear said:

We’re like herding cats! 🐈 

That isn't on topic, but I guess neither is saying that it isn't, haha 😆 

I really think there should be one featured artist on 1972.  The B-52s could do a fun song with Tre Cool. 

And a diss track aimed at the Network would be good fit as well.   

But I think our ideas on here are what is holding the band back from releasing it.   Billie keeps seeing these A+ ideas and adding them to the album.   He thought we would run out of ideas by January, but oh boy is he wrong.     We could keep this thread going until 2030.

• Haha 2