1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I hope he's not on intranasal diet again.

Hopefully not... the ability of celebrities to lose weight is really scary. Gerard Way also lost so much weight really fast right at the beginning of their reunion tour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Wow, did Billie just lose so much weight in a few weeks? Maybe they're getting ready for shooting promotion pics now

Hopefully music videos too!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Wow, did Billie just lose so much weight in a few weeks? Maybe they're getting ready for shooting promotion pics now

Looks that way.  His face is much thinner.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

@jengd already posted it in Green Day News. I don't think it's about 1972.
It's either a movie about the band? Or if it's about 1972 maybe a music video?

A biased view with the '90 Green Day being so special to me, maybe a retro album with updated '90 GD sound. A single video with these kids playing as you say earlier version of band, song overdubbed by GD?

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 7:55 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't think those tracks are indicative of what the album's gonna sound like. Those tracks are... just fine. But I don't see them as album tracks and I think GD knows that. FOAMF was an experiment, this album seems like it's going to be more of a "Green Day" album. Whether it's good or bad, idk. I'm not gonna get my hopes too high and disappoint myself but I wouldn't be too pessimistic about the album either. A Green Day album doesn't need to sound ""ambitious"" to be good. I know they've been busy doing other things this year but I don't think they've been recording this album for over a year just to release some dog shit product

You're probably right. GD wrote about 45 songs for 21cb. I think they had about the same amount during the AI era. 

It may be something we never ever hear. 

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Is 1972 ACTUALLY a movie?! Those kids look like they could easily play younger versions of Billie, Mike, and Tre. 

if so we all just got played for an entire year

@GDFan2019 care to comment?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

You're probably right. GD wrote about 45 songs for 21cb. I think they had about the same amount during the AI era. 

It’s an album

• Like 2

5 hours ago, billy1986 said:

What is an tnranasal diet????!

Cocaine….

A brief glimpse inside RAK Studios in the Dua Lipa episode of Song Exploder on Netflix (tv adaptation of the pretty great music podcast).

I’m really interested to see if Green Day go into a new direction with 1972, though I hope they take some inspiration from this masterpiece 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, legendary said:

The last time Billie lost some weight we got American Idiot

He also got reeeeally skinny for FOA - don’t think there’s a correlation between weight loss and good music other than wanting to look good for promo stuff

• Like 3

They should all grow really long hair for the next album cycle.  Like the 80s Green Day. 

The 2007 denim look with Polka dot scarves needs to come back as well.  

A pair of chuck Taylors right now, and we've got a Green Day that is styling and profiling.  

32 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

It seems this thread always has to have something to talk about, despite there being zero information for months. I can't take any more drug-fueled track lists.

I’m surprised 4Chan has been quiet on that subject

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Wow! 45 songs for 21cb and a similar amount for AI. I didn't know that. You guys on here never stop amazing me with your knowledge. So excuse my ignorance but how do you know that? So will we ever hear these songs, are they stored away for future release or are they in the trash? 

24 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m surprised 4Chan has been quiet on that subject

Must be because we’re still months away. Don’t the fake leaks start ramping up right before an actual announcement?

• Like 1