1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

8 hours ago, Sheenius said:

1972 will only be available on  physical formats and the cost of the cd will be $19.72. 

I won't be able to tell Spotify how violently I like the new Green Day album?  Dang.

Guess I'll still put Scattered and and Too Dumb to Die on a loop when I sleep just so Spotify get the idea.

Actually, it's more like Idiot and Nimrod minus Haushinka on a Neverending loop.

Can't be getting any Haushinka vibes in the mix, no sir.

Oh!  I could make a new Nimrod playlist with You Irritate Me in her place.   But then Nimrod would be TOO good.  Firing on too many cylinders.

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I won't be able to tell Spotify how violently I like the new Green Day album?  Dang.

Guess I'll still put Scattered and and Too Dumb to Die on a loop when I sleep just so Spotify get the idea.

Actually, it's more like Idiot and Nimrod minus Haushinka on a Neverending loop.

Oh!  I could make a new Nimrod playlist with You Irritate Me in her place.   But then Nimrod would be TOO good.  Firing on too many cylinders.

Haushinka was a girl who was on an endless loop

I met her on this loop on her birthday

• Like 1

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

Bold of you to try to sleep through JOS and Take Back. I remember when I first made my playlist, WMUWSE and JOS were the first 2 songs I added. I started falling asleep near the end of WMUWSE, like literally was almost out of it when 'I'M THE SON OF RAGE AND LOVE' blasted me awake, it was terrifying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Bold of you to try to sleep through JOS and Take Back. I remember when I first made my playlist, WMUWSE and JOS were the first 2 songs I added. I started falling asleep near the end of WMUWSE, like literally was almost out of it when 'I'M THE SON OF RAGE AND LOVE' blasted me awake, it was terrifying.

Oh, it's on mute and in another room. I just really, really want Spotify to know how good Green Day are and suggest things are possibly on the same level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Oh, it's on mute and in another room. I just really, really want Spotify to know how good Green Day are and suggest things are possibly on the same level.

If I load my album on spotify will you do this every night? 25% of all proceeds will go the That Dude foundation for YouTube videos. I can also make the ads for those videos so we can keep a ring of money forever flowing.

Forever now it will flow.

Forever now we’ll foam

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

If I load my album on spotify will you do this every night? 25% of all proceeds will go the That Dude foundation for YouTube videos. I can also make the ads for those videos so we can keep a ring of money forever flowing.

Forever now it will flow.

Forever now we’ll foam

I will make you a rock star, Charlie.   

Gotta get my music up on the Spotify as well.   We should both do it the same day 1972 comes out and DESTROY Green Day in streaming numbers.    Just really destroy the last little bit of OOMPH in their career.    I'm going to go listen to Outlaws now for some reason.  

Just now, That Dude said:

I will make you a rock star, Charlie.   

Gotta get my music up on the Spotify as well.   We should both do it the same day 1972 comes out and DESTROY Green Day in streaming numbers.    Just really destroy the last little bit of OOMPH in their career.    I'm going to go listen to Outlaws now for some reason.  

We should collaborate and cover foam in it's entirety but we should do it faster and make it only 13 minutes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sheenius said:

We should collaborate and cover foam in it's entirety but we should do it faster and make it only 13 minutes. 

I just recorded all my parts.  

Just now, That Dude said:

Booze is on a high 

That dude recorded his parts

volume low

Charlie sheen has a smile

drink it in, tiger blood, snort it up

as we all do some blow

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I covered Meet Me on the Roof 2 years ago!!

Daaaamn dude that's not bad at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, pinkyy said:

my name is billie joe armstrong, the album will be out on new years

I was hoping they'd at least have a single out by now so they can perform it on New Year's Eve and promote the upcoming new album!!!

30 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was hoping they'd at least have a single out by now so they can perform it on New Year's Eve and promote the upcoming new album!!!

They will promote that they will play the new single live at new years before it is released

however, like last year they will cancel the new years show

• Like 1

16 hours ago, That Dude said:

Let me get in on this

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 4:11 PM, dreamykatie said:

I fall asleep to grown men screaming about video games every night so I welcome this challenge 🤣

• Haha 1

Possible song titles:

1. Bottle Rockets

2. Mercy On My Soul

3. I Played My Heart Out

4. Zeig Hail

5.We Are The Ones

6. Probably A Moron 

7. Here On Earth

8.  Operation No Control

9. March of The Dogs

10. Stuck With Me Again

11. Waste With Me Into Nothing

12. RAGE and LOVE

13. Now I Wonder...

14. Flashing In The Dark

15. Snoo Polka Dosy Dow

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

15. Snoo Polka Dosy Dow

The annoying thing is, this will probably a Japan only track and it's the one I want to hear the most

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DanagedGoods said:

The annoying thing is, this will probably a Japan only track and it's the one I want to hear the most

It's 1000 hours long. 

38 minutes ago, That Dude said:

It's 1000 hours long. 

Released over 666 vinyls, released monthly from now until May 2078 via Oakland Coffee Subscription 

• Like 1

Just read an article about Chris Lord-Alge and his Dolby Atmos equipment and apparently American Idiot was the first album that he remixed in Dolby Atmos. So maybe he got some American Idiot vibes again while mixing 1972 😄

39 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Just read an article about Chris Lord-Alge and his Dolby Atmos equipment and apparently American Idiot was the first album that he remixed in Dolby Atmos. So maybe he got some American Idiot vibes again while mixing 1972 😄

Oh man, I hope this gets released some day. I haven't been a huge fan of Atmos mixes, especially for rock, but I'd really want to hear it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Oh man, I hope this gets released some day. I haven't been a huge fan of Atmos mixes, especially for rock, but I'd really want to hear it.

My exact same feeling, I've never heard any Atmos version of a rock track that properly worked - something like AI would be the perfect benchmark because I already know the stereo mix inside and out and I feel like CLA is a traditional enough mix engineer that he wouldn't go too over the top with any spatial effects, panning etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

My exact same feeling, I've never heard any Atmos version of a rock track that properly worked - something like AI would be the perfect benchmark because I already know the stereo mix inside and out and I feel like CLA is a traditional enough mix engineer that he wouldn't go too over the top with any spatial effects, panning etc.

Are there any I can listen to on YouTube? 

• Like 1