1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Signal the Ether is the title. 

It came to me while passing a malfunctioning vending machine in a break room I don't belong in.

44 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Oh shit when did the album art leak?! 😂

Still better than that unicorn 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Suburban Burst is a better title than 1972.

A story of a neighborhood with some troubled souls, some troubled times.   Jimmy and Amanda both end up there and there are flashbacks to their parents lives in 1972 as Jimmy and Amanda are born into Nixon and raised in a decent upbringing.

The two generations overcome their struggles as we see more and more of what created the Jesus of suburbia and ultimately, 

The exciting conclusion to the American Idiot story.

There's a lot of pizza, drugs and rock n roll this time around.  Jim making some career changes and Amanda may turn into catulu.

Oh baby, baby it's roar time.

3 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

1972 : The Life and Death of.... Amyl Nitrate.

I was so happy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think "1972" is a good title. It sorta tells you everything you need to know in one word. Always liked that sorta thing. Then again we don't know if "1972" will actually have anything to do with the year or just be a title picked outta tre's butt

• Like 4

On 11/2/2022 at 2:52 PM, That Dude said:

Yes. If Green Day would have waited and announced 1972 a few months before the release, I would only be posting completely normal discussions of the album.........

🤣 

😄 🤣 

😄 🤣 😂 😆 

I was more talking about everybody else following suit and making zero sense at this point (including me) 😄

We all know you'll keep it up whatever happens. Bring on the tracklists

9 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I think "1972" is a good title. It sorta tells you everything you need to know in one word. Always liked that sorta thing. Then again we don't know if "1972" will actually have anything to do with the year or just be a title picked outta tre's butt

I do think 1972 is a pretty good title as well, although we have already had nearly a year to let it grow on us. I remember thinking Father of All Motherfuckers was a good title too (still is)

Still wouldn't be surprised if they come up with a different name though, especially if all of the AI references are more than just production related.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

What does it tell you?

I'm a Bowling For Soup baby (19-19-1985) so 1972 means nothing to me.  It's just when my dad was 12. 

32 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I was more talking about everybody else following suit and making zero sense at this point (including me) 😄

We all know you'll keep it up whatever happens. Bring on the tracklists

I do think 1972 is a pretty good title as well, although we have already had nearly a year to let it grow on us. I remember thinking Father of All Motherfuckers was a good title too (still is)

Still wouldn't be surprised if they come up with a different name though, especially if all of the AI references are more than just production related.

But Billie has been wearing that vest with 1972 painted on his back. If they had changed the title, they would’ve already teased that in the same way they teased #Revrad

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

1972 has cover has been leaked. All of their works together.

img%5D

Clearly made by Billie Joe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

But Billie has been wearing that vest with 1972 painted on his back. If they had changed the title, they would’ve already teased that in the same way they teased #Revrad

Good point actually I forgot about the vest - but could still be more to it than just 1972? Like maybe a subtitle that they haven't revealed yet. Or 1972 is just a very consistent theme/something that's repeated a lot throughout the album, a la 'Class of 13'?

• Like 3

1000 Hours

99 Revolutions

7 years has gone so fast

2000 Light Years Away

So the new album will be a combo of Smooth, Tre, American Idiot and Kerplunk.  Okay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Ehm, this is clearly a fake. The cover art leaked almost a year ago already: 850-C46-C4-6-B14-4324-A7-BE-D34-C3-BB51-

Gray Poupon instead of ketchup.

The perfect analogy for Breakdown compared to Idiot.

It's going to be 1972 minutes.

2 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Ehm, this is clearly a fake. The cover art leaked almost a year ago already: 850-C46-C4-6-B14-4324-A7-BE-D34-C3-BB51-

This is my favorite. But seriously at this point I’d kick Billie’s ass if he did this 

• Haha 3

1,972 town bishops actually DID know that Jimmy existed.  Perhaps Jimmy doesn't have to become Jesus to be happy.  With the Fire of his youth in his heart and belly, an overweight Jimmy lights on bonfire while drinking Seltzer water with cranberry lime. 

Amanda is dying, but doing well.

Tunny is running the underground. 

Brad is a bishop and the album ends with Jimmy and Amanda in Antartica with an X-files ufo flying overhead. 

It's the Network.  Maskless.  The story isn't over yet.  The Network blast a hole in the ice and there is a cabin underground.

Jimmy and Amanda go in the cabin and that is the end.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is my favorite. But seriously at this point I’d kick Billie’s ass if he did this 

I still fully support his ventures into visual art, but maybe not everything has to be an album cover :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, That Dude said:

1,972 town bishops actually DID know that Jimmy existed.  Perhaps Jimmy doesn't have to become Jesus to be happy.  With the Fire of his youth in his heart and belly, an overweight Jimmy lights on bonfire while drinking Seltzer water with cranberry lime. 

Amanda is dying, but doing well.

Tunny is running the underground. 

Brad is a bishop and the album ends with Jimmy and Amanda in Antartica with an X-files ufo flying overhead. 

It's the Network.  Maskless.  The story isn't over yet.  The Network blast a hole in the ice and there is a cabin underground.

Jimmy and Amanda go in the cabin and that is the end.

I want to live in your head for a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I still fully support his ventures into visual art, but maybe not everything has to be an album cover :lol:

Billie: Mike, Tre! I got the new album art for 1972… Hey! What are doing?… Stop! I worked hard on that!… Ow! Oww!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A single called "arbitrary butt cigarette" is coming any year now.

And a cover of "Jimmy Jazz".