1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

The music will sound like the snippets we've heard.

The vocals will be exclusively rapping from Chris Dugan except for one part where Mike Dirnt and Jason White sob like Jonathan Davis on "Daddy".   

The biggest hand clapping solo you've ever heard.   

Billie Joe had been demoted to keyboardist man.

Some of the best drumming and bass we will ever get from Tre and Mike. 

The songs won't have names.  To get a "song effigy" you must buy an NFT made out of Marijuana and incense wrapped in gross, dark chocolate rain.

Overall, a funny and joyous pop punk record. 

• Haha 2

Picturing greendayfan2019 with the voice of SpongeBob saying: “Billie, are you finished with that album? Album album album?”

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Had the thought that they could call it 1972 but in words and then started writing variations and now the word two has stopped looking like a word send help

Nineteen Seventy-Two

One thousand, nine-hundred and seventy-two

One Thousand, Nine-Hundred and Seventy-Two

ONE / NINE / SEVEN / TWO (quadrilogy)

or...

¡UNO! / ¡NUEVE! / ¡SIETE!/ ¡DOS!

THEY'RE MAKING PREQUELS TO DOS

I must admit I'm the most tired I've ever been in my life right now and this might actually make less sense than a @That Dude post

I'm glad that despite being the most tired you have ever been, you still took the time to post in this thread.

Your priorities are Dude approved.

What would a prequel to Dos sound like?   Wait....Stop, Drop and Roll is kind of the prequel.   So would the new one be BETWEEN Stop, Drop and Dos?  Or before Stop, Drop? 

What would the Tubbies have sounded like if they existed before they existed?

My first thought it early Beatles, the poppier stuff.

I wouldn't mind at all if 1972 had a Tubbies song AND a Network song, both tied together in a narrative that builds on the legends of all three bands.  

Fighting St. Jimmy with a sword atop a flaming Trans am that flickers in and out of reality to become the Broken Dreams Mobile.

Amanda decapitated Jimmy, jumps into the car and travels through the Doctor Who vortex.

She's gotta defeat Adrienne, reach out to the Network to help her find Green Day and reunite with her dearly beloved....

Tunney.

But then she falls for Mike Dirnt, who is promptly killed by Van Gough.  

The universe explodes.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Take the $1972 and crawl

You want my PayPal or what? 

• Haha 3

I'm kinda thinking we won't receive any teasers until we get closer to a release, so probably nothing until next year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I'm kinda thinking we won't receive any teasers until we get closer to a release, so probably nothing until next year.

I fear at this point they are going dark through the holidays. Agree, nothing until next year (apart from some Nimrod merch promo)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I fear at this point they are going dark through the holidays. Agree, nothing until next year (apart from some Nimrod merch promo)

Maybe they'll mention something on December 19th, one year since they started teasing. I was hoping maybe they'd have a single ready by the Game Awards or New Year's Eve

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe they'll mention something on December 19th, one year since they started teasing. I was hoping maybe they'd have a single ready by the Game Awards or New Year's Eve

Are Green Day playing the Game Awards again this year? 

6 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Are Green Day playing the Game Awards again this year? 

I was just generally speaking. Between that and New Year's Eve would be good times to promote a new single

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was just generally speaking. Between that and New Year's Eve would be good times to promote a new single

I’m no expert, but I think unless they were releasing a holiday album or something, releasing and attempting to promote a single wouldn’t be a wise choice during that time.

1 minute ago, Zebahar said:

I’m no expert, but I think unless they were releasing a holiday album or something, releasing and attempting to promote a single wouldn’t be a wise choice during that time.

But don’t forget ¡TRÉ! was released in December 2012, but only because it was changed from January 2013 due to Billie being in rehab

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But don’t forget ¡TRÉ! was released in December 2012, but only because it was changed from January 2013 due to Billie being in rehab

True, and it sold the fewest number of units out of the entire trilogy. 

To be fair, that could be for multiple reasons outside of the release date, but like you said, it was a last minute switch.

• Like 1