1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

If we stick with the theory that the album will be out around May 2023, it could be realistic that they play the Hella Mega setlist at Innings Festival but maybe play the first single of the album there too

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flashback said:

If we stick with the theory that the album will be out around May 2023, it could be realistic that they play the Hella Mega setlist at Innings Festival but maybe play the first single of the album there too

And I'm pretty sure there would be secret shows around that time as well where they play the album in its entirety

• Like 2

How do we feel about politics in lyrics or in themes for the album? 

I wouldn't mind touches of social commentary but I think politics is a scary place for them to go down right now. 

While AI really got deep into real things going on (and somehow still going on today), I feel like Billie hardly scratches the surface anymore in this area. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I wouldn't mind touches of social commentary but I think politics is a scary place for them to go down right now. 

While AI really got deep into real things going on (and somehow still going on today), I feel like Billie hardly scratches the surface anymore in this area. 

One word:

A Kanye West Feature.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I’m happy with social commentary, and a leaning towards politics.  I think Billie Joe’s writing is at it’s best when something is burning within him, whether that’s love for Adie, hatred for Tim Yohannon and George Bush or whatever.  He needs something to focus on and it feels like there could be plenty of material currently for him to work with.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Agreed. I'm all for it, if that's what's in his heart. There's a glaring lack of substance in his recent lyrics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

And I'm pretty sure there would be secret shows around that time as well where they play the album in its entirety

Wasn't the FOAM release party a bit of a letdown? Sure I remember it was short/not many songs/not what was expected, etc? 

3 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Wasn't the FOAM release party a bit of a letdown? Sure I remember it was short/not many songs/not what was expected, etc? 

So it was done in the spirit of the album? 

4 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Something did happen today. I sneezed myself into a back injury.

I sneezed myself today

to see if I still feel

• Haha 1

What's the record for number of pages in an album speculation thread? Or at least until some kind of announcement or first single

1 hour ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

What's the record for number of pages in an album speculation thread? Or at least until some kind of announcement or first single

We’re setting it with each post

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

these days I prefer not to know when it comes to people’s politics

I've been hoping Billie would write a political song about the pandemic and the political unrest that came with it. One may argue that Pollyanna was that song but it didn't really touch on anything political, except that everything was going to be alright, coming out of lockdown.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just want Billie to keep writing about what he's feeling in the moment,

We're gonna get a song about Vanessa Hudgens but it's gonna be called Sweet Amanda.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I've been hoping Billie would write a political song about the pandemic and the political unrest that came with it. One may argue that Pollyanna was that song but it didn't really touch on anything political, except that everything was going to be alright, coming out of lockdown.

Pandemicanna

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, That Dude said:

4. GDFan2019 Swords Fights The Trolls (Suburban Flamethrower)

Take that trolls!! Yes I do believe we could be getting an announcement any day now!!! 😄

• Like 4

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Take that trolls!! Yes I do believe we could be getting an announcement any day now!!! 😄

So absolutely no future days are off limits?  Man, what a great time to be a fan! 

14 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Green Day hasn't played an album in its entirety since 21CB. What makes you think that they'd do it for 1972? Especially considering they've almost entirely just been playing their greatest hits for the past 2 years with very few exceptions

• Like 2

Its not out of the realm of possibility that they'd do an album in it's entirety. I think they'd REALLY have to believe in it at this point, however.

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Its not out of the realm of possibility that they'd do an album in it's entirety. I think they'd REALLY have to believe in it at this point, however.

By his own admission Billie is too lazy, and he seems to have more difficulty learning new songs. I think it would be too much for him to learn and remember an entire new album all at once these days.

38 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

By his own admission Billie is too lazy, and he seems to have more difficulty learning new songs. I think it would be too much for him to learn and remember an entire new album all at once these days.

Then I guess maybe they'll at least play 3 or 4 songs they chose to be singles?

16 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Then I guess maybe they'll at least play 3 or 4 songs they chose to be singles?

Probably