1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

46 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

Possibly. The band also wasn't taking itself seriously though at that time. 

Maybe not a troll album but it's not too serious of a release either. 

Don't forget the ketchup font. 

And "Nothing says 'fuck you' like a unicorn!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

My little pony sponsored the album

If they did it’d be about 20% cooler than it ended up being

to respond to what has been said on album sloppy or not: For the previous albums the members of the group were present during the mixing sessions while for FOAM they gave their confidence to Butch Walker who had a vision that corresponded to them. the mixing was also done remotely. It's not a good or bad way to work, it's just different. If this method worked better for FOAM, only the band knows, not us. For those who didn't like FOAM, the fault is not with Butch but with Green Day. It was they who were convinced by Butch's proposal and who validated it. For my part I find the album very well produced, even if I understand that some fans are disappointed. Like any artistic proposal, it appeals to some and not to others. This does not mean that Green Day has become bad, but that it is evolving and not trying to recycle a recipe that works. It is commendable. Other groups have bet to keep the same recipe and that's laziness, but Green Day is irreproachable on this point.

same logic for the trilogy btw 

sorry for my English, I’m French and you know that’s not our first quality lmao 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, nohamxx said:

to respond to what has been said on album sloppy or not: For the previous albums the members of the group were present during the mixing sessions while for FOAM they gave their confidence to Butch Walker who had a vision that corresponded to them. the mixing was also done remotely. It's not a good or bad way to work, it's just different. If this method worked better for FOAM, only the band knows, not us. For those who didn't like FOAM, the fault is not with Butch but with Green Day. It was they who were convinced by Butch's proposal and who validated it. For my part I find the album very well produced, even if I understand that some fans are disappointed. Like any artistic proposal, it appeals to some and not to others. This does not mean that Green Day has become bad, but that it is evolving and not trying to recycle a recipe that works. It is commendable. Other groups have bet to keep the same recipe and that's laziness, but Green Day is irreproachable on this point.

RevRad was mixed remotely too. I think the mixer lives in Wales or something and it was sent there. 

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Arenas would be much better. Have they ever played at Madison Square Garden?

In '94, when Billie played the encore in his bare azzzz

3 hours ago, pcj said:

So sorry  to hear you guys have been through cancer and other medical issues, but so  so happy you've got through it. Your feeling fine then bang your told you've got liver cancer. Thankfully the chemotherapy saved me, but my liver was dying.  Thankfully to someone I'll never know I've got new liver. Still got many restrictions but I'm alive.

When your texting to someone, it's another human being. Not knowing what's going on in their lives  or  what problems they are facing. life is precious and people matter just like you.

Don't know you, only seen you around the community in recently weeks. Nevertheless, cancer is ugly and I'm happy it's behind you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nohamxx said:

Rush evolved their sound in the 80's but it didn't make their sound better than the sound they had in the 70's. 

Green Day has gotten worse as a band over time. It's normal considering where they are in their career. 

We can try and reason with it but I don't think that changes anything. 

I still enjoy their music despite the decline. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Arenas would be much better. Have they ever played at Madison Square Garden?

Twice on the 21CB tour as well 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Twice on the 21CB tour as well 

I attended the first night show ;) it was my first Green Day show and really my first concert experience. I wish they would make a return to The Garden. They always play at the Barclays Center whenever they’re in town for arena shows now. I have a feeling that when/ if they have their next arena tour they’ll probably be playing at the new UBS Arena in Queens. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Forever Now said:

I attended the first night show ;) it was my first Green Day show

The second night was my first time! :happy:

• Like 2

Considering the Nimrod reissue release date is January, I think its realistic to expect the single in May and new album in September. I'm also expecting a film documenting the band's history and accompanying the album (similar to Oasis - Supersonic movie) - of course I don't know anything about all these, just expectations...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Considering the Nimrod reissue release date is January, I think its realistic to expect the single in May and new album in September. I'm also expecting a film documenting the band's history and accompanying the album (similar to Oasis - Supersonic movie) - of course I don't know anything about all these, just expectations...

I think your window seems pretty realistic and very close to what I've been speculating... although my gut tells me it's going to be before September. Maybe July or August? Assuming the announcement and first single is in May, that would give them a good two months worth of official marketing campaign and time for 1 or 2 singles before the album drops.

15 hours ago, nohamxx said:

For my part I find the album very well produced, even if I understand that some fans are disappointed.

The production was quite decent, but it also felt super gimmicky. When I think of FOAM, the this is the first thing that comes to mind...
giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qddt09i351wb6rx2qv

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Nah, they’re going to tour next summer so the album should come out before then. September would be almost two years after they began recording it and dropping hints. I think a Spring release is more likely with not a huge gap between single and album.

Single in March/April, album in May?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Something will happen today

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

nothing will happen today 

Oh I wasn't talking about 1972. Something will happen today at my job. What a day I'm having!

• Like 2

GD have a really annoying habit of releasing new albums when I am away on holiday.  I was abroad for Foam and Revrad and it’s really a pain trying to listen properly and keep up with all the chat here when you are meant to be enjoying yourself😂😂.  Will be away in February, March and May so far next year.  Just saying. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 album.

9 Songs.

72 minutes.

I speculate the songs will  be called:

Ruse of the Rubes. 

Coffee On A Dress.

Ocean of Hurt

Mistakes (Jesus of Suburbia) (extremely long)

Faced With The World

Weekend Boss

Whereever the Night (extremely long)

Different Strokes 

Gather the Heard

• Like 1

They just announced they're playing the Innings Festival again this February. So surely, a new single should be out by then, right?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

They just announced they're playing the Innings Festival again this February. So surely, a new single should be out by then, right?

If anything I think this will happen before any new releases. But what gets me is they had a chance already to feature something for the new Nimrod anniversary release and they didn’t even do that

• Like 1