1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

45 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Okay guys, now that they played their last show of the year, how long before we get any new 1972 information, teasers, etc.? We're just weeks away from the holiday season, and they'll most definitely be taking a much needed break for that.

They will release the new album after they play the Hella Mega setlist 1972 times.

• Haha 1

Just now, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

They will release the new album after they play the Hella Mega setlist 1972 times.

It feels like they already have

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It feels like they already have

Do you guys think the 1972 tour will actually be a 1972 tour or Hella Mega 2?

7 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I'm thinking it'll be a 1972 tour. I'm sure they enjoyed Hella Mega, but they might be itching to do a good ol classic Green Day show soon.

I have my doubts

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Alf said:

I have my doubts

🤷‍♀️ I'm still optimistic. I'm less convinced that they'll return to arenas. They seem to like stadium gigs, but I really don't want to go to a baseball stadium for a concert.

• Like 1

Nah it'll be similar to RevRad tour except maybe less new songs. I still think they will play new songs though

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

🤷‍♀️ I'm still optimistic. I'm less convinced that they'll return to arenas. They seem to like stadium gigs, but I really don't want to go to a baseball stadium for a concert.

How about football stadiums like MetLife Stadium in NJ?

Also I don't think we're getting any info on 1972 any time soon. Probably nothing except maybe a small teaser until after Nimrod anniversary edition

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Also I don't think we're getting any info on 1972 any time soon. Probably nothing except maybe a small teaser until after Nimrod anniversary edition

It might feel like a bit of a letdown now but let's give them time to actually work on this. 

I don't want the rushed albums we got over the last decade or so. 

This will be unpopular but I don't even care if they keep working on this, get the best songs out and release everything in 2024. 

I just want it to be good and something they can be proud of and we can be proud of. 

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

How about football stadiums like MetLife Stadium in NJ?

Why not compromise and just have amphitheaters?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

It might feel like a bit of a letdown now but let's give them time to actually work on this. 

This will be unpopular but I don't even care if they keep working on this, get the best songs out and release everything in 2024. 

I just want it to be good and something they can be proud of and we can be proud of. 

What albums do you consider where rushed?

26 minutes ago, pcj said:

I feel like the previous 2 were rushed. Rev Rad imo wasn't cohesive. The middle of the album is a bit weak for me personally. They just self produced and went in with all their ideas, recorded them and then got it mixed and mastered. With Billie's issues at the time it seems like they went into creating the album in an environment where they handled Billie with kid gloves. 

On previous records they really analyzed the songs, made different versions and demos and really put some thought into how it would be presented on the record. They had real discussions about where it was going musically. 

Foamf is probably their most rushed record. The duration shows it. Ok guys here's your 10 songs get out of our faces now and buy your HM tickets!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I think an all amphitheater tour would be great. Much better venues than arenas.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I don't mind if they wait til 2024 either. Although I do think it will probably be coming out around mid 2023

28 minutes ago, pcj said:

FOAMF was definitely released too soon, although even with 6 more months, I'm not sure how much better it would be. The trilogy songs needed more time in the oven. Releasing 37 new songs just 3 years after 21CB was always going to be hard to get all of the songs to the quality they should've been at, especially if you take into account all the touring and stuff they did after 21CB's release. I don't think RevRad was really rushed, I think they actually spent quite a lot of time working on that album. It could have been better, it doesn't quite reach the standards of 1994-2009 Green Day, even if it is their most consistent work since 21CB

• Thanks 1

I just hope Max Creeps aren't involved with 1972.  

Those guys should have stayed retired or whatever they were because holy barf balls was that some bad music. 

and to think they had me shmoosing it up over the Guns N Roses Authority or whatever.   

*INFINITE SHUTTERS*   *INFINITE REGRET*  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think an all amphitheater tour would be great. Much better venues than arenas.

Like PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't mind if they wait til 2024 either. Although I do think it will probably be coming out around mid 2023

FOAMF was definitely released too soon, although even with 6 more months, I'm not sure how much better it would be. The trilogy songs needed more time in the oven. Releasing 37 new songs just 3 years after 21CB was always going to be hard to get all of the songs to the quality they should've been at, especially if you take into account all the touring and stuff they did after 21CB's release. I don't think RevRad was really rushed, I think they actually spent quite a lot of time working on that album. It could have been better, it doesn't quite reach the standards of 1994-2009 Green Day, even if it is their most consistent work since 21CB

When did the trilogy era officially end? Was it 2013 or 2014? 

Was Rev Rad a course of 2 or 3 years? 

I feel like the further you are in a career the more time you need between albums. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Like PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ!!!!!

Yes, that is an amphitheater!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Billie needs to write about cats again.  I believe cats are only mentioned on warning and lie is at the center of believe.

I was never taught anything at a 7-11. 

In fact, I have never been to a 7-11.

35 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

When did the trilogy era officially end? Was it 2013 or 2014? 

Was Rev Rad a course of 2 or 3 years? 

I feel like the further you are in a career the more time you need between albums. 

Well they were working on RevRad in secret before we actually knew they were doing anything, right? Idk how long they were working on it for but I don't think there's any evidence to suggest they put less time into that album than their others

I guess technically the trilogy era ended with the Demolicious release in 2014

I think the band were putting more time into their albums up to 21CB and with the trilogy there was still a lot of effort put into that but wasn't enough time to put the necessary amount of effort for all 37 tracks. RevRad could've probably done with a bit more time too but was still a fine album. FOAMF needed like another year tbh, either for the band to realize that some of the songs just shouldn't even be released and that some songs really need some more work

3 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Don't wanna overcook the bird!

Or this could be their most epic album to date with grandiose production

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clockwise said:

More time to work on an album isn't always a good thing. 

Agreed - Look at Chinese Democracy 

However, look at Social Distortion on the contrary. 

I guess the spirit of my post is just that they give the album some love and care it deserves. 

• Like 1