1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

10 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

This is going very off the rails. Can we stop the extremely off topic discussion (or whatever this is)?

Live look at @Sheenius:

giphy.gif

It's still the most entertaining page out of these 241.

Edit: well it WAS the most entertaining page out of these 242 now.

18 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

This is going very off the rails. Can we stop the extremely off topic discussion (or whatever this is)?

Live look at @Sheenius:

giphy.gif

OH YEAH

13 minutes ago, That Dude said:

You're not Justin Beiber....wait....

You actually could be.  ARE you??  

Speaking of Vegas, maybe 1972 has been planned so far in advance to try and avoid any problems that the band have had promoting the last few albums.

2023 better not have any extra stupid BS coming Earth's way.

1972 will not chart on billboard but we will get a number 1 single and all proceeds from the single will go to the Joey Armstrong foundation of lawyer fees. 

The Foxboro Hot Tubs will also make a comeback with Go, Get Up and Balance. I predict one song from C&V will be on there again.

The Longshot come back is... well a longshot. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I predict one song from C&V will be on there again.

How about a new studio version of the C&V song itself? I know we already heard it live on Awesome as Fuck, but it would be nice

• Like 1

1972 will have a killer Justin Beiber feature.  Congrats, man. No more hiding behind Charlie Sheen.  Be yourself, 😄.

The album will contain a lot of references to concrete, sex seeds and poison hearts as well as getting way off topic on page 242.  

There is a song where Green Day create a superhero from one of their fans and a whole franchise is born.

There is a song called Fat F!@# which angers so many people, but Billie says he struggles with his weight at times, so it's okay.  Billie is aloud to do so.

Rob Zombie does vocals on Nightlife 6.9.

Produced by Little Boy Named Boozed and Sheenius. 

Hank Williams Jr. Produces and There is some violence in the studio, but it's a good violence.  

Oh and the album is a sequel to American Idiot and it's called 

I don't wanna live.

Hugh Jackman plays bass on most songs as well as lead vocals on 4 tracks.

A monolith appears and a big floating baby hover over your soul as you become.

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

How about a new studio version of the C&V song itself? I know we already heard it live on Awesome as Fuck, but it would be nice

I heard that new versions of Awesome As Fuck will not be including C&V cause they lost the track 

• Haha 3

I wonder if they are trying to record it using the technology /tools that was only available in 1972.

Maybe it’s taking so long because they cant get tape.

26 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

I wonder if they are trying to record it using the technology /tools that was only available in 1972.

Maybe it’s taking so long because they cant get tape.

I don’t think so. You can see the recording software in the reflection on the window here when it cuts to Billie talking about the arrangement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don’t think so. You can see the recording software in the reflection on the window here when it cuts to Billie talking about the arrangement

That could be displaying lyrics but yeah it could also be recording software just as easily i guess.

On a side note, does anybody know what software the guys do use typically ?

6 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

That could be displaying lyrics but yeah it could also be recording software just as easily i guess.

On a side note, does anybody know what software the guys do use typically ?

Those are definitely not lyrics, I think they’d be careful with something like that. They look like sound waves. And I think most studios use Pro Tools

6 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I wonder if they will play a new song tomorrow from 1972 at the show🤔

That would be nice, but I think they would want to premiere a single first. Maybe they’ll play You Irritate Me, which is technically a new single. If anything, maybe they’ll drop a 1972 hint at the end of the show, since this will be the last show of the year

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I wonder if they will play a new song tomorrow from 1972 at the show🤔

I think we’re more likely to get an extra Nimrod song that’s about all I’m expecting. Now that they have something else to promote, they won’t mention 1972

• Like 3

22 hours ago, That Dude said:

Hugh Jackman plays bass on most songs as well as lead vocals on 4 tracks.

One of those tracks is called Swordfish and the video features a cameo from Halle Berry's b00bs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think we’re more likely to get an extra Nimrod song that’s about all I’m expecting. Now that they have something else to promote, they won’t mention 1972

Nice Guys Finish Last would be a good song to play live!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Nice Guys Finish Last would be a good song to play live!!!

I’ll take it but that and Scattered are the two they pull out pretty regularly, and NGFL was a single so it’s hardly even a deep track. What I wouldn’t give for a real surprise, like The Grouch or Worry Rock

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’ll take it but that and Scattered are the two they pull out pretty regularly, and NGFL was a single so it’s hardly even a deep track. What I wouldn’t give for a real surprise, like The Grouch or Worry Rock

Walking Alone too

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Walking Alone too

Billie would have to break out the ole Harmonica for this gem. Oh yeah! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Billie would have to break out the ole Harmonica for this gem. Oh yeah! 

I was on YouTube last night looking for 1972 teasers. I haven't been so up to date on all updates so I just wanted to see some clips that I may have missed. 

I hit this YouTube video in the search results and who pops up? That Dude! 

All I can say is That Dude is the equivalent of being rick rolled 1000X 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

I was on YouTube last night looking for 1972 teasers. I haven't been so up to date on all updates so I just wanted to see some clips that I may have missed. 

I hit this YouTube video in the search results and who pops up? That Dude! 

All I can say is That Dude is the equivalent of being rick rolled 1000X 

I am track 6 on 1972.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since tomorrow is the last show of the year, I could see Billie ending the show with a major hint about 1972, in the same way he ended the Asbury Park, NJ show when he said, "It's going to be a long time until next summer!!!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Since tomorrow is the last show of the year, I could see Billie ending the show with a major hint about 1972, in the same way he ended the Asbury Park, NJ show when he said, "It's going to be a long time until next summer!!!"

That wasn’t an implication of anything when he said that. He said that because it was Green Day’s last show of the year where the weather would be consistently warm.

As much as I would love to read into everything he says, I don’t think we will get even an ounce of 1972 attention until at least AFTER the Nimrod rerelease.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

That wasn’t an implication of anything when he said that. He said that because it was Green Day’s last show of the year where the weather would be consistently warm.

As much as I would love to read into everything he says, I don’t think we will get even an ounce of 1972 attention until at least AFTER the Nimrod rerelease.

They will re-release Warning after Nimrod

• Like 1
  • Haha 3