1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

18 hours ago, Zebahar said:

So they did pick up some inspiration from FOB with a title like that 

I heard a rumor 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I can forgive the trilogy for this, I think they needed to take a step back and just make some GD songs rather than try and take over the world with some concept. But they kinda fucked that up by trying to make it a trilogy. The volume of work made it complicated to digest despite them moving to a more simple formula. 

This is how I feel about the Trilogy and FOAM. It's fine that they went with albums that were just supposed to be fun and not big concept records. It makes sense they wanted to go that route after doing two major concept albums back to back. But as you said, the Trilogy was just too much. There's sooo much filler across these records that made it hard to swallow. Yet, if they would've taken the best songs and put them on one album, it would've been great. They could've saved the rest for b-sides if they still wanted to release them.

1 minute ago, The Grohl said:

This is how I feel about the Trilogy and FOAM. It's fine that they went with albums that were just supposed to be fun and not big concept records. It makes sense they wanted to go that route after doing two major concept albums back to back. But as you said, the Trilogy was just too much. There's sooo much filler across these records that made it hard to swallow. Yet, if they would've taken the best songs and put them on one album, it would've been great. They could've saved the rest for b-sides if they still wanted to release them.

The irony is they thought they had trimmed it down considerably and had a tough time doing that. They only released a trilogy when they got stuck at the best 30 or so songs out of 60-70 that they started with.  I don’t know if Billie has been that inspired or prolific since. Thank the AI musical experience for that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The fact that we're probably getting a new unreleased demo on Friday and probably more either on the same day or later, I feel even more confident in the "no single or album announcement until 2023" even though I was pretty sure that we weren't gonna get anything until 2023 anyway. They wouldn't want to have the new album undermined by a anniversary edition remaster of one of the most popular Green Day albums and/or the release of unreleased 90's song(s) that Green Day fans are going to go crazy for

I wonder if they'll play this "new" song at the F1 show in Texas on the 21st

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I sure hope so or at least some extra Nimrod songs we don’t normally get

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Even though it's instrumental, have they ever played Last Ride In live?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Even though it's instrumental, have they ever played Last Ride In live?

According to setlist.fm, twice https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/green-day-13d68939.html?songid=4bd7eb7e

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wouldn't it be awesome to hear Nimrod performed live in full. I mean I highly doubt that'll happen but it would be awesome. If we at least get to hear some deep cuts, I'd be alright with that

There's also a video on yt of LRI performed live 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

According to setlist.fm, twice https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/green-day-13d68939.html?songid=4bd7eb7e

Wouldn't it be awesome to hear Nimrod performed live in full. I mean I highly doubt that'll happen but it would be awesome. If we at least get to hear some deep cuts, I'd be alright with that

There's also a video on yt of LRI performed live 

Would Billie's voice hold up well on stage if he sang Take Back?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Would Billie's voice hold up well on stage if he sang Take Back?

They'd have to play Last Ride In before or after. Or Espionage.

• Like 1

It's time for the Pop Punk crossover event of a lifetime.  

Green Day.    Blink-182.    A 10 minute song that has all six guys trading vocals and solos.   

Mark Hoppus was born in 72 and the other Blink guys....eh, close enough.     Scott's going to come in and do some bongos, vocals and handclaps.   

The album should be called 19-F!@#ING-72 with song titles.....like these:  

1.  Here's the Wall Again

2.  Juice! 

3.  Navaho Jamungi Slip

4.   Frostbite Monkey!!!!!!

5.   Haha You're Alive 

6.   Irritation 

7.   I'm Scattered / Braindead 

8.  Wasted Youth

9.  Typical Holiday 

10.   Praise the Idiot and Pass the Potato Gun

11:   Blast Right Down the Alley (featuring Blink-182)

12.  Calling You

This album is 800 minutes long, and really slick.   Slippery when wet.   

Good.  

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If they play a new song on the tour where they have only shortened the set over time, I’ll blend my copy of New Nimrod

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

If they play a new song on the tour where they have only shortened the set over time, I’ll blend my copy of New Nimrod

LMFAO I knew this was coming!!! 😄

11 hours ago, Zebahar said:

If it's anything like my 1997 cd copy, it will still play after being blended.    What are you doing with it after the blend?  

Can you blend the Haunshinka part harder than the rest or is that not possible?  

I think 1972 is going to be 1972 Nimrods and 2004 Idiots instead of just 1972.

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

For me it’s The Forgotten. Everyone has a song that’s the equivalent to nails on a chalkboard for them

Tbh, that's one of my most favorite songs on the Trilogy. Around the time of release, I read a lot of good comments online about it. Someone at the time said, "Looks like Green Day just wrote the next high school graduation song!" And I think, most definitely, it would've been a hit single if Billie wasn't in rehab and the band was around to actually promote it.

• Like 2