1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

But who's to say we won't get a single before then?

Pretty sure @Sanity Loan has covered this many times now. Nothing until 2023. 

• Like 3

When will this hellish torture end?   It's not on the list yet.   Does we have any wiki editors in the house?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2023_albums

We do have some Anti-Flag, Smashing Pumpkins, Gorillaz, Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold, Killers and Staind....but we're not hanging out 25/8 on the Smashing Pumpkins Authority.    No, no, no.   There's only ONE 2023 album that's gonne blow our souls out of our bodies and I think you know who I'm talking about.  

The Rodeo Queens debut.  

:)  

2 hours ago, Q-Man said:

Pretty sure @Sanity Loan has covered this many times now. Nothing until 2023. 

26 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

Maybe not tho 

Yeah I don't think he ever said anything about the single

Good thing Twitter gives you the option to translate tweets. In English, it says that there are rumors their management team has already started negotiations with promoters from different countries for the next tour!!!

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Good thing Twitter gives you the option to translate tweets. In English, it says that there are rumors their management team has already started negotiations with promoters from different countries for the next tour!!!

Are these guys reliable?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I know Billie said that the album will be out in 2023.

Billie says a lot of things. Sometimes he changes his mind only seconds later.

*Flashback to BIAB*

Billie: "This song's called St Jimmy!"

Billie: "Starry nights, city lights coming down over me..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/5/2022 at 6:54 AM, michael1989 said:

I just hope he brings back the mobile phone shaming for the next tour. 

Hell no! OK don't be a dick and wave it around for whole songs, or a whole shows, but I still want to get a few little videos and pictures. Sorry Billie, I just ignored you anyway, waited a couple of songs and then carried on. 

It was funny because at Hella Mega I was kind of expecting it. Then what does BJ do? Go and and ask us all to turn on the torch and wave it around!🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Very likely. These things have to be planned out very far in advance. With Billie saying “Can’t do this again until next summer” or whatever it was at that show, planning is 100% already happening.

But again… 2023.

Yeah it was at the Asbury Park, NJ festival. He said, “It’s going to be a long time until next summer!!!”

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Very likely. These things have to be planned out very far in advance. With Billie saying “Can’t do this again until next summer” or whatever it was at that show, planning is 100% already happening.

But again… 2023.

Ya know what....forget 1972....might as well call their new album 2023....

*Throws phone out window*.  😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Speaking of the likely plans in the works for next year’s tour, if you’re like me and you’re interested in behind the scenes tour logistics, this video does a great job of explaining all that goes into getting a major tour from city to city. It’s pretty insane:

This video talks about getting to the next city within the next 21 hours, but at least Green Day had a day off in between each show to allow for travel

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

This video talks about getting to the next city within the next 21 hours, but at least Green Day had a day off in between each show to allow for travel

They used to day two shows in a row, day off, show on repeat for months on previous tours. Crazy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Sometimes they do sometimes they don’t. These days they tend to allow at least a day or two between shows but in the old days it was normal to schedule a couple of shows on consecutive nights. Someone in the comments mentioned that larger acts also have two stage setups and have one set up in the next city at the same time as they are playing in the current one, and then leapfrog that stage to the city after that. I think Green Day does that too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sometimes they do sometimes they don’t. These days they tend to allow at least a day or two between shows but in the old days it was normal to schedule a couple of shows on consecutive nights. Someone in the comments mentioned that larger acts also have two stage setups and have one set up in the next city at the same time as they are playing in the current one, and then leapfrog that stage to the city after that. I think Green Day does that too.

Yeah I noticed some shows are on consecutive nights if the 2 cities are close enough to each other. For example, last year, August 19th in Pittsburgh, then the 20th in Philadelphia.

• Like 1

And all that was working on one tour in one country, factor in passports, visa’s, vaccines, borders, time differences and Covid and sheesh! 🤯🤯

• Like 3

1972's cover is going to be the warning:  album with mustard text and font.  

They are also digitally replacing Mike Dirnt with John, which is baffling and also completely fictional.   

It's going to be called My Heart's In 72 and will have no bass guitar.   Just a lot more drums to make up for it.

1. Bonk Dat Clown

2 Rip

3. Doritos Are For Sissys (Maybe Forever)

4. Digital Whiteout 

5. Our Orange Promise

6. Dead Rats (featuring Laura Jane Grace)

7. Unfollow That Dude, This Crap Poop is Annoying and Cringe

8.  Hey!   (Failed Single)

9.  We Love

10.  Return

And on topic...

Fingers crossed that it comes out tonight.

Billie Joe doesn't know when stuff comes out, he's just some singer dude. 

Either 2022 or 2024.   2023 is wrong.

If you don't put a colon in warning: you aren't a real fan.

Edited by That Dude
I keep adding more. Ya know?
  • Haha 2

Man, listening to the new RHCP albums this year really makes me wish the entire band cared as much as the chili peppers do when it comes to new music. You can tell each member of the band is really trying to bring something to the table and I haven't felt that way for a green day album since American idiot or maybe 21st. Not to say they don't care entirely but there are parts that feel very I don't know phoned in.

Every album. Be it either Mike's bass line, to Billies songwriting, to the production it feels like they aren't ever as Mike would put it "firing on ALL cylinders."  There's always one or two cylinders that arnt going off at any giving point lol. I'd say, and this is sheer speculation in my end, but Tre is the only one who actually gives a shit completely for every album 

Here's to hoping 1972 has the missing passion 

• Like 2
  • Love 1