1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

51 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If the 1972 songs have meaningful, deep lyrics, just like American Idiot, I hope they become setlist mainstays for years to come. You don’t think 1972 would be cut from the tour for their next album after that, right?

How in gods name would we know

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

230 pages of the same thing over and over again.
giphy.gif

I mean how can you almost have 1000 post and still don't bring anything interesting 😂

giphy.gif

Well that's the point of speculation, we just don't know.

I've got something to cheer this place up a bit.   This is what I think the setlists are going to look like once 1972 drops and the guys are in their 60s:  

1.        Welcome To Paradise

2.        Holiday

3.        21 Guns

4.        When I Come Around

5.        Boulevard of Broken Dreams

6.        Wake Me When September Ends

7.        American Idiot

8.       Jesus of Suburbia

9.        Basketcase

I tried to imagine what the most basic, boring, by the numbers set would look like for the guys.   Nine big hits and of course they are from Dookie and Idiot.     Try and imagine the guys being all grumpy while doing this show too.   I think that helps somehow. 

Oh gosh, I hope 1972 doesn't have a remix of Basketcase on it.    That would be a dirty rotten bastard crime serving poop to the pigs with BM Xellent nothing.  

Slam a door in my face.  

14 minutes ago, That Dude said:

1.        Welcome To Paradise

2.        Holiday

3.        21 Guns

4.        When I Come Around

5.        Boulevard of Broken Dreams

6.        Wake Me When September Ends

7.        American Idiot

8.       Jesus of Suburbia

9.        Basketcase

It’s funny, I’m sure they could still find a way to turn this into a 90 minute set

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zebahar said:

It’s funny, I’m sure they could still find a way to turn this into a 90 minute set

9 minute extended solo in American Idiot …. Followed by “Are you guys ready to sing along ?!?!? Are you ready ?? ARE YOU FUCKING READDYYYYYYYY” 

yes billie we’re ready 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And 10 straight minutes of “SAY HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

You beat me to it, very good.    

Billie will also spend a lot of time holding his arms up in the air and smiling like a deviant.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, michael1989 said:

I just hope he brings back the mobile phone shaming for the next tour. 

I don’t think he wants to be a boomer

You guys think Billie's still on his "I hate long songs" phase for 1972? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

No now it'll be "I hate short songs" which is why he hasn't done anything from FOAM 😆

1972 will be filled with songs that are 7+ minutes long. Just wait for @That Dude to tell us the tracklist which contain 20 minute songs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

1972 will be filled with songs that are 7+ minutes long. Just wait for @That Dude to tell us the tracklist which contain 20 minute songs

There’s nothing to say that 1972 isn’t just one long track that’s around 40 minutes long. Or maybe it’s 19 tracks that are 72 minutes each and it’s been hidden in plain sight 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DanagedGoods said:

There’s nothing to say that 1972 isn’t just one long track that’s around 40 minutes long. Or maybe it’s 19 tracks that are 72 minutes each and it’s been hidden in plain sight 

I’m hoping it has 14+ tracks and is over an hour long!! American Idiot had 13 tracks, which included the 9 minute ones JOS and Homecoming, and ran 57:14. 21CB had 18 tracks and ran 69:13.

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Nah, 1972 will just be one big 45 minute song. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Actually, every song is going to be exactly 3 minutes and 30 seconds.     Even if the song isn't over, it will separate and be the beginning of the next track.  So....I guess there will be 7+ minute songs, but they will be broken up into pieces. 😄 

I hope they replace Mike Dirt with Van Gough.

And revisit the scenery from the Boulevard of Broken Dreams video.   Have a mechanic working on the car and have a Wizard of Oz style transformation of the world.  

Maybe in that reality, Jesus and Amanda can be together. 

Oh boy.  Where did that come from? 

I hope 1972 is just code for something else.  A placeholder title.  

My phone is at 72 percent.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I hope 1972 is just code for something else.  A placeholder title.

Can't be bothered to search for the old post, but I wrote something silly like this about 100 pages ago. Back when we were talking about them being at RAK:

1 - A

9 - I

7 - G

2 - B

American Idiot: Great Britain

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Can't be bothered to search for the old post, but I wrote something silly like this about 100 pages ago. Back when we were talking about them being at RAK:

1 - A

9 - I

7 - G

2 - B

American Idiot: Great Britain

Or simply, “Americans in Great Britain”