1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

announcement on November 1st, a single on November 10th, and the album in February 2023!!

No, No, and No.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Okay guys, now we have 1 show left, the F1 show in Texas on the 21st and that's it for this year!!! I think between now and then, we'll get maybe 1 or 2 more teasers, then an announcement on November 1st, a single on November 10th, and the album in February 2023!!

I’m thinking more like February at the earliest for any sort of announcement/single. Probably an album in May or June 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I mean, @Sanity Loan did say 2023

Yes, but I dont think any announcement and single will happen this year. If an announcement is in January and a single that same day, I think a Feb release would be too soon. I'm think an April/May release at the earliest

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Yes, but I dont think any announcement and single will happen this year. If an announcement is in January and a single that same day, I think a Feb release would be too soon. I'm think an April/May release at the earliest

That makes sense. They could have secret shows like a week before the album comes out and then start the 1972 Tour in June! At first, it just seemed odd to me that they would start recording in 2021 only to wait to put it out until 2023. In fact, it's 2 years ago this month they started posting pics from London before we even knew 1972 was a thing.

@Sanity Loan has basically said that we're not getting the album or a single until 2023. Just read his last few posts on this thread and that's what you should get out of them

At most, we might get an announcement in December and the single in January. There's no reason to expect anything sooner than that

I don't want there to be a long gap between first single and album like there was for FOAM anyway. So if a single release in 2023 means that the gap is less than 3 months, then good

• Like 1

soo slipknot did the same with their last lp "the end so far" to roadrunner records what green day did with foam to warner .. 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

soo slipknot did the same with their last lp "the end so far" to roadrunner records what green day did with foam to warner .. 😂

What did they do?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What did they do?

slipknot had to make one final lp for the contract at roadrunner records, so they put low/less effort in the music just to put the album out of the way and finish with roadrunner records

they also said that roadrunner records turned bad and its not as good as it was in the beginning

fans on the internet mostly say its slipknots worst album ever

so yeah, i can see the same treatment as green day did with foam to warner :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

slipknot had to make one final lp for the contract at roadrunner records, so they put low/less effort in the music just to put the album out of the way and finish with roadrunner records

they also said that roadrunner records turned bad and its not as good as it was in the beginning

Yes but the difference is Green Day made it clear to troll. Slipknot recorded their album mostly separated. And yes, its really their worst album ever. I like every album but this record is so bad. Maybe 2-3 songs were ok

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Especially how in every interview GD made a point of saying this was their last record with Warner (under the old contract). They never really talked openly about their record deals before did they? (Other than when they confirmed that the Trilogy counted as only one album not three, and I think that was also because they were pissed about that)

• Like 1

I prefer may so we can have arenas tour. Pls festivals are cool but Arenas >>>>>                

• Like 1

Single out on an unspecified Wednesday. 

Album out 5 months after that. 

All of this AFTER today.

You guys don't like that new Slipknot?   

Hive Mind and De Sade are earthshattering. 

Hashinka socks.

I mean sucks. 

34 minutes ago, michael1989 said:

Do people here still think FOAM was a troll album???

I don’t think it was a troll or even a low effort album (well it was low effort in that it was 26 minutes long). But I do think they decided to experiment with a style they’re weren’t really comfortable with and didn’t care about the consequences because what would the label do? They could afford to take the loss on it so they had the freedom to be weird. They knew they weren’t making any attempt at a “comeback” or big hit record (which was why they almost called it American Idiot 2 and scribbled over AI for the cover - yes, that was undoubtedly a troll according to Billie himself)

• Like 4

@GuitarPunk94 @Insomniac90 Interesting that you all feel this way. From what I could tell fans have been mixed. Some really don't like it. Some are into it, so I'm surprised to hear it's regarded as their worst. I have no idea how I feel about it. And I have no idea if they just didn't give a shit, but it's an interesting theory especially with Jim Roots recent comments. (But we can continue this in the Slipknot thread!)

To keep this on track, I never bought the whole FOAMF is a troll album. I think this is just what they wanted to do and some fans got so upset that they took that album along with Billie's comments about their contract with Warner coming to an end to come to the conclusion that they must not care. That being said, it is strange they didn't include any FOAMF songs on tour. I wonder if that's because they knew it wasn't very well received. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Especially how in every interview GD made a point of saying this was their last record with Warner (under the old contract). They never really talked openly about their record deals before did they? (Other than when they confirmed that the Trilogy counted as only one album not three, and I think that was also because they were pissed about that)

And Billie also implied that they would put out another album within a year after FOAM, and then of course the pandemic happened. I wonder if Billie was talking about 1972 and then the sessions got delayed

30 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

@GuitarPunk94 @Insomniac90 Interesting that you all feel this way. From what I could tell fans have been mixed. Some really don't like it. Some are into it, so I'm surprised to hear it's regarded as their worst. I have no idea how I feel about it. And I have no idea if they just didn't give a shit, but it's an interesting theory especially with Jim Roots recent comments. (But we can continue this in the Slipknot thread!)

To keep this on track, I never bought the whole FOAMF is a troll album. I think this is just what they wanted to do and some fans got so upset that they took that album along with Billie's comments about their contract with Warner coming to an end to come to the conclusion that they must not care. That being said, it is strange they didn't include any FOAMF songs on tour. I wonder if that's because they knew it wasn't very well received. 

And that’s when Panicland fooled us with MOOTIK, and we said FOAM can’t possibly be THE album we’ve been waiting for

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And Billie also implied that they would put out another album within a year after FOAM, and then of course the pandemic happened. I wonder if Billie was talking about 1972 and then the sessions got delayed

I think he was thinking of the Network album where many of the extra songs ended up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think he was thinking of the Network album where many of the extra songs ended up

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

I was lead to believe there was a whole other album ready to go by the time FOAM released. This could have been The Network as @pacejunkie punk pointed out.

This at least was supposed to be a FOAM track

• Like 3