1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 minute ago, Insomniac1984 said:

I don't think this is real, I could think is possible but why the band would like to play songs like Things I heard today, Maybe Forever and Jennifer after all these years??? TIHT is from 2001-2002 and Maybe Forever and Jennifer are from Lookout Era.

Show in LA the night before the Florida show is what makes me suspicious. In fact I'm sure there were photos of the band with Serena Williams in Florida that night so must be fake. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Show in LA the night before the Florida show is what makes me suspicious. In fact I'm sure there were photos of the band with Serena Williams in Florida that night so must be fake. 

And people seem to think Pollyanna and Holy Toledo will be on the new album. I’m sure if they were, they would’ve said so already

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, legendary said:

First "1972" and "How much longer?" right after 

Genius

What's genius is the song following How Much Longer.....

Maybe Forever!    Hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dallasthemenace said:

FALSE ALARM.

it was a Panicland show.

SOUN THE ALARM 

MY FRIEND IS COMING HOME 

TOO MANY YEARS SINCE YOU BEEN GONE.  

Welp, I know what Green Day song I'm about to play on repeat now.  

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, That Dude said:

SOUN THE ALARM 

MY FRIEND IS COMING HOME 

TOO MANY YEARS SINCE YOU BEEN GONE.  

Welp, I know what Green Day song I'm about to play on repeat now.  

That was a fucking banger and I wish it was a GD song 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, legendary said:

Genius

Actually, 1972 is the most realistic song title on that setlist. It could very well be the album's title track. Think Warning, American Idiot, 21CB, RevRad, and FOAM

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Actually, 1972 is the most realistic song title on that setlist. It could very well be the album's title track. Think Warning, American Idiot, 21CB, RevRad, and FOAM

5 title tracks out of 13 albums.   

But yes.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone post fake setlists on that site yet

I have. It's like wikipedia anyone can edit it. 

This is definitely a fake setlist, I'm positive we would have heard something about these new songs by now if they played them there.

And them playing random (non album) lookout era songs for the first time in 30 years, c'mon yeah fuckin right.

2 hours ago, legendary said:

Genius

Alright which one of you guys made the setlist?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1972:  

according to the very suspicious setlist.fm, this is what the album looks like.   It's unclear if there are additional tracks they didn't play at their party with one friend, but lol.

1.       1972

2.       How Much Longer

3.       Maybe Forever

4.       Pollyanna

5.       Things I Heard Today

6.       Jennifer

7.       Holy Toledo

8.       New Found Love

9.       Should I Stay?

10.   Crystal

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

1972:  

according to the very suspicious setlist.fm, this is what the album looks like.   It's unclear if there are additional tracks they didn't play at their party with one friend, but lol.

1.       1972

2.       How Much Longer

3.       Maybe Forever

4.       Pollyanna

5.       Things I Heard Today

6.       Jennifer

7.       Holy Toledo

8.       New Found Love

9.       Should I Stay?

10.   Crystal

Dude.. you made the setlist didn't ya?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Dude.. you made the setlist didn't ya?

I wish!  it actually had me convinced it was real for a second.   it's been taken down now, but screen shots are saved so I can sit here in stare at it the rest of the night.    Imagine if Things I Heard Today actually ended up on 1972.    WOW.  

I could never be restrained if I made a fake set list.   It would a 70 song show with all sorts of stupid covers in there. 

"Seseme Street Theme Song", played 9 times in a row.   

Bohemian Rhapsody but played backwards.   3 times in a row. 

Too Dumb To Die

Ruby Room

A Quick One (While He's Away)

The Saints Are Coming

Hitchin a Ride

Oh Love 

X-Kid 

Meet Me on the Roof

Nightlife (50 times in a row) 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Oh yeah, I'm making a YouTube video about this.   

I imagine that Dirty Dirty is a reworked version of Rebel Rebel by David Bowie, but it's Green Day "firing on all cylinders" or whatever that Mike Dirnt guy says.  

Why couldn't' they finish brainstew?    Was Billie too out of breath or did he want to play a new song, F this crap.   

Okay that fake setlist was pretty fun, but in all seriousness, how much longer can they keep us waiting? I mean it’s been 9 months since the first teaser, we’ve had a bunch of snippets of the music yet we still don’t know much about this thing. I mean, for recording to start in 2021 but not released until 2023?

• Like 1

They probably want to detach this project from the Hella Mega tour and solo shows that followed it. The good point is the the F1 october shows are the last ones added to the tour, so they will probably wrap everything up, take a little season vacation, start rehearsing in late january and go on tour on spring/summer with the new album already out 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

They told us months ago that it won't be released until 2023. That's literally all they've told us about 1972. Stop expecting an announcement. It's probably not gonna happen until at least December.

That time frame is starting to make sense to me. They could release the song on Tuesday, December 6th and then perform it at the Game Awards on the 8th. Then they can perform it on late night shows like Kimmel, Fallon, Colbert, and even SNL, and then on New Year's Eve!!!!!

• Like 2