1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

30 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I mean, what if we just misunderstood that Reddit and they actually played the new songs at soundcheck? We all kinda expected them to play the songs during the actual show

I mean I literally asked if they were performing the new songs during the show or before it. I understood the reddit post as not necessarily meaning "They're gonna play new songs during the show"

It's also very possible that the redditor was just flat out lying for attention too. You'd think GDC would've learned by now not believe every little thing

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean I literally asked if they were performing the new songs during the show or before it. I understood the reddit post as not necessarily meaning "They're gonna play new songs during the show"

It's also very possible that the redditor was just flat out lying for attention too. You'd think GDC would've learned by now not believe every little thing

And that was Hollywood, Florida. If they are going to test out the new songs, it would probably be at a secret show in LA or Oakland

Was just looking into engineers, mixers etc. who have worked with GD in the past and somehow I missed that Doug McKean passed away late July? I don't know if we ever figured out whether it was him in that RAK photo from earlier this year but it's a real shame regardless, American Idiot is one of my favourite albums in terms of sound engineering possibly.. ever? And he was a huge part of that. Hopefully if this record is capturing that sound then that'll be a nice tribute.

41 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Was just looking into engineers, mixers etc. who have worked with GD in the past and somehow I missed that Doug McKean passed away late July? I don't know if we ever figured out whether it was him in that RAK photo from earlier this year but it's a real shame regardless, American Idiot is one of my favourite albums in terms of sound engineering possibly.. ever? And he was a huge part of that. Hopefully if this record is capturing that sound then that'll be a nice tribute.

Was it in one of Billie’s photos? Because he deactivated his Instagram

As much as I'd love a new single this year I don't see it happening. There's not really any more shows left to promote something new and when they release singles they always do a ton of interviews and TV performances and they've already had a pretty busy year, I could see them wanting to rest before they start all that up again, and they deserve some rest too

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

As much as I'd love a new single this year I don't see it happening. There's not really any more shows left to promote something new and when they release singles they always do a ton of interviews and TV performances and they've already had a pretty busy year, I could see them wanting to rest before they start all that up again, and they deserve some rest too

Actually, if you think about it, they can put out the new single in December, like around Tré’s birthday on the 9th, and then perform it live on TV on SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, Fallon, and then on New Year’s Eve!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Was it in one of Billie’s photos? Because he deactivated his Instagram

Can't quite remember, think it probably was? It was the one where the back of Rob's bald head outed him as the producer :)

There was somebody else there and at the time the speculation was that the bald one was Rob and the other was Doug.

I just realized something. Here's that Rolling Stones TikTok with the isolated audio version. At the beginning, Billie says, "IT'S FUCKING MAGIC!!!" Then throws his guitar pick and they act like it disappeared into the console..."like magic!" And then look at the TikTok hashtags, including #NewSong and #Magic. Could "Magic" be the name of one of the new songs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

I feel like I will continue to say this until the day I die: Green Day has never been ones for using sneaky promotion. They wouldn’t hide song titles in hashtags. They wouldnt be leaving very obscure details in posts for people to look into. They’ve never done it, and I don’t think they ever will.

We have gotten some fun teasers with glimpses of the product and that’s it. I think we need to take all of their teasing at face value

Agreed but having said that didn’t Billie Joe tease that they were doing 3 albums in one of the teaser clips by holding up 3 fingers (or something like that ) before it was officially announced 

• Like 1

I'm so far behind on the latest ruckus.  

Are we getting an official Bradwurst single or what?

Yes, BRADwurst.    Brad was the worst.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StillBreathing said:

Agreed but having said that didn’t Billie Joe tease that they were doing 3 albums in one of the teaser clips by holding up 3 fingers (or something like that ) before it was officially announced 

He did - for the Trilogy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I just realized something. Here's that Rolling Stones TikTok with the isolated audio version. At the beginning, Billie says, "IT'S FUCKING MAGIC!!!" Then throws his guitar pick and they act like it disappeared into the console..."like magic!" And then look at the TikTok hashtags, including #NewSong and #Magic. Could "Magic" be the name of one of the new songs?

Isn't he saying 'Just fucking patch it'? It looks like he's miming plugging in patch cables

I don't think there's any hidden meaning behind any of the hashtags, besides 1972 if eventually we find out that's not even the title of the album ofc

1 hour ago, StillBreathing said:

That’s true, but notice how the focus is entirely on the three fingers? They were intentionally giving a hint there, it was not subtle in the slightest.

My original post was more referring to burying a hashtag on a post or something like that. I remember there was a theory from one of the teasers that Mike slightly curved the 2 in 1972 to look kinda like a three to represent three albums. Stuff like that is something they’d never do

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

That’s true, but notice how the focus is entirely on the three fingers? They were intentionally giving a hint there, it was not subtle in the slightest.

My original post was more referring to burying a hashtag on a post or something like that. I remember there was a theory from one of the teasers that Mike slightly curved the 2 in 1972 to look kinda like a three to represent three albums. Stuff like that is something they’d never do

Or what about the fact that he spray painted a 3 on the camera?

4 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Isn't he saying 'Just fucking patch it'? It looks like he's miming plugging in patch cables

I don't think there's any hidden meaning behind any of the hashtags, besides 1972 if eventually we find out that's not even the title of the album ofc

And there was that Instagram post from Tré from last December where he’s standing in the studio and the caption said, “Here’s lookin’ at you, kid. #1972” And I thought, could that be a lyric?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXsYLE4riEo/?igshid=ZjA0NjI3M2I=

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Weeks before the RevRad announcement Billie used #RevRad as far as I remember

He was doing that throughout the whole year. I just have a hard time believing we have to wait until 2023 since they started teasing us December 2021 and I think they actually went into the studio in October if I’m not mistaken