1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

What about the one with Homecoming playing in the background? I wonder if that was hiding anything too

I'll try that one later! Doesn't sound like there's anything in the background but you never know haha

Guessing not because they're all in the live room so I doubt anybody is listening to anything.

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I know this isn’t a trilogy thread, I wish it could be done all over again. With the band available to promote, things would have gone much differently (for the better, I presume). And if it was a singular album? Gahhh, it could have been considered one of their best.

As long as it was a trilogy, it was always going to get more hate than all their previous albums (apart from Warning maybe) regardless of whether they were there to promote it. Oh Love & Kill the DJ got its fair share of hate even before iHeartRadio happened. And people would still be saying that there was a lot of filler on the album. Nightlife would still be hated. The Forgotten would still be unfairly criticized for being on Twilight. It may have done a little better in the mainstream but GD fans still wouldn't have been that kind

However, I personally prefer it as a trilogy. Not because every track is perfect but because there's still far more than an albums worth of material there. Even if they made it an 18 track album like 21CB, we'd still miss out on some decent tracks imo. If they were to release a single album, I'd still want the rest of the tracks (or most of them at least) to be released in some way or form whether that be under the Foxboro Hot Tubs or another side project or something else

I don't think the trilogy was that out there for the band anyway though. If you think about it, for 21CB they released around 2 hours worth of material from 2008 and 2009. Stop Drop & Roll (32:37 + 2:40 for Highway 1), 21st Century Breakdown (69:13), B-sides (2:16 + 2:39) which totals 1:49:25 of original material. If you want to include the iTunes deluxe bonus tracks (7:59 + 2:46 + 2:01 + 6:10), then that's 2:08:21 of material in total. So really the only difference in 2012 was how they packaged the material as a trilogy

2008-2009 is peak Green Day in terms of quantity & quality. The only material from this era I'm not a fan of is 1 or 2 of the covers they did

15 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Really feeling this right now. Hope everybody here is doing well.

Also - listening to this teaser again and those lead guitar parts are so 21st Century reminiscent, it might be the most Green Day sounding music I've heard since the trilogy/mayybe parts of RevRad. Still so so hyped and really just need some music to keep me going sooner rather than later lol

Is that 2nd clip at the end of the video actual music for 1972? Because that doesn't sound like anything they've done before

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Is that 2nd clip at the end of the video actual music for 1972? Because that doesn't sound like anything they've done before

Pretty sure that's just CLA fucking around, that's the live room in Mix LA he uses as kind of a hangout area for bands coming to listen to mixes. So at the point of that clip's recording the record was being mixed and recording was already finished

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

From the Buenos Aires show, wearing his 1972 vest again, which needs to be repainted!!!!

It was repainted. It looked new again at Asbury Park

• Like 1

Anybody think we'll get another teaser soon? It's always been around this time each month. Last month, I believe the last one with Rob Cavallo was on the 15th

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Anybody think we'll get another teaser soon? It's always been around this time each month. Last month, I believe the last one with Rob Cavallo was on the 15th

Likely nothing until they're done touring (last show is Oct 21). Maybe something between the Oct. 2nd and 21st shows but I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Likely nothing until they're done touring (last show is Oct 21). Maybe something between the Oct. 2nd and 21st shows but I doubt it.

I hope we at least get a single by then, or maybe in November?

On one hand, the recordings have gotten out of control. On the other, they've done this shit before with the trilogy. Color me stoked. 

EDIT: ok I just realized that this is all happening tonight. AND YESTERDAY WAS AI'S 18TH BIRTHDAY! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Omg guys breaking news from reddit!

Wow that was fast!!! I was expecting at least a TikTok teaser!! And you know people are going to try to film it anyway!!! And have their sets been 90 minutes anyway?

So they're playing the new songs before the show? Not during? Or is it both before and during?

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So they're playing the new songs before the show? Not during? Or is it both before and during?

Maybe practicing it first during soundcheck. Maybe during if recording is restricted 

• Like 2

I'm sure there will be people from reddit going there and some of them will at least try to record something. Although if the security is being strict about no recording, the most we might get is someone recording it from their phone in their pocket which will sound like ass

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

I'm sure there will be people from reddit going there and some of them will at least try to record something. Although if the security is being strict about no recording, the most we might get is someone recording it from their phone in their pocket which will sound like ass

As long as we got audio I’ll take it. I want to hear a new song so badly

3 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

@The_real_st_jimmy is going, idk if they're a part of this thread tho. 

They’re taking a sign that says “Play 1972” lol! Won’t they be surprised if they find that it worked!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The iPhone cameras are actually really good

Is it too much for me to hope that they'll perform the new single tonight, then around midnight EST or PST time they'll post the first single? 👀 regardless of recordings, ppl will be talking about it and with talk the single won't be as looked forward to, so they'll drop it just hours afterwards for all to enjoy?

• Love 2

1 minute ago, grinsoniko said:

I’ll be there. I will do anything in my power to record. I went to the Jack White show two days ago and they made everyone put them in locked pouches. Dont think this will be the case since they didnt mention anything about it.

I hate those damn pouches! But Green Day didn’t care for the trilogy shows so hopefully they won’t make a big deal about it now as long as you’re discreet 

• Like 3
  • Love 1