1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If anything from 1972 leaks, it's probably best if we don't talk about it here LOL! Remember the FOAM link debacle?

Have to admit it was kind of fun though :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Train27 said:

The new Slipknot Album leaked?

Yes, and it's pretty awesome on first listen.  

The next time I listen, I'm going to pretend it's Green Day and see how I feel about it then.

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If anything from 1972 leaks, it's probably best if we don't talk about it here LOL! Remember the FOAM link debacle?

Not really tbh. Afaik every time something leaks here, people are always posting links when told not to. I don't remember FOAM being any different unless I'm forgetting something

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

Yes, and it's pretty awesome on first listen.  

The next time I listen, I'm going to pretend it's Green Day and see how I feel about it then.

Hope has more heavier Songs. „Yen“ was ok but nothing special.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

We've already seen this it's a fan made mock up

I know, I made this lol… when I was designing it I thought it might be funny to stir up some buzz and make it look like a leaked photo. I never posted it haha. 

3 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

Hope has more heavier Songs. „Yen“ was ok but nothing special.

I wouldn't get off topic, but let's face it....we're going to be speculating about 1972 until 2072.   :) 

There's 12 songs and only 4 are on the lighter side.   To me it sounds like self titled and Iowa, with a few a few elements of Gray Chapter in there as well. 

Hivemind and De Sade are my favorites.  

Back to 1972, I wouldn't mind Clown banging on a barrel on a Green Day track.    That would be sic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2022 at 6:03 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Thanks. All I know about it is that this is my favorite thing ever, possibly my favorite cover they’ve ever performed 

I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks so much for sharing it! 

God I am so nostalgic for this era. The music, the outfits, the hair and holy crap Billie with his growl/scream. 

Just badass and epic as fuck.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

I swear to god, if 1972 is a 10-track album about partying and feeling young im gonna delete my account

Write what you know. It sounds better. Green Day lived an awesome time here and there. Now it seems to just be coffee companies, delusions of what fun is with nothing to show for it and cringe moments with custom grills and whatever else seems really cringey. Hopefully Billie starts to have some actual fun again, does something that is meaningful to him and writes great songs. He has it in him. FOAM, HCTS and Pollyanna were disappointing. Holy Toledo was really good. 

Edited by Big Neil
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

I swear to god, if 1972 is a 10-track album about partying and feeling young im gonna delete my account

13 minutes ago, Big Neil said:

Write what you know. It sounds better. Green Day lived an awesome time here and there. Now it seems to just be coffee companies, delusions of what fun is with nothing to show for it and cringe moments with custom grills and whatever else seems really cringey. Hopefully Billie starts to have some actual fun again, does something that is meaningful to him and writes great songs. He has it in him. FOAM, HCTS and Pollyanna were disappointing. Holy Toledo was really good. 

From what we heard in the teasers so far, this is gonna be EPIC!!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Billie, I'm begging you to write about your coffee company and cringe middle-age moments. PLEASE.

COFFEE AND REPENT / 1972  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Billie, I'm begging you to write about your coffee company and cringe middle-age moments. PLEASE.

Oakland Coffee in Your Coffee Maker

I Am a Middle Age Middle Ager

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Clockwise said:

When The Coffee's Ground
Welcome To Oakland Coffee 

Geek Coffee Breath
The Grouch (When I've Not Had My Coffee, Amirite?) 
Hold On (To My Coffee) 
Give Me Caffeine 
21st Middle Aged Moment 
Let Myself Go
Wow! That's Too Loud
I've Forgotten
Bouncing Off The Wall (From All These Coffees) 
Threw My Back Out And Now Crawling

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DanagedGoods said:

When The Coffee's Ground
Welcome To Oakland Coffee 

Geek Coffee Breath
The Grouch (When I've Not Had My Coffee, Amirite?) 
Hold On (To My Coffee) 
Give Me Caffeine 
21st Middle Aged Moment 
Let Myself Go
Wow! That's Too Loud
I've Forgotten
Bouncing Off The Wall (From All These Coffees) 
Threw My Back Out And Now Crawling

Sad you forgot about the lead single „Coffee on Sunday“

• Haha 2

Warning: the beverage you are about to enjoy is extremely hot

That sounds like a Brand New song.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Big Neil said:

I wouldn't say Holy Toledo was really good. It was good. Better than most of FOAM if not all of it, but it's still the same kind of song you'd expect after FOAM. I definitely don't want them to continue with that sound for 1972

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I wouldn't say Holy Toledo was really good. It was good. Better than most of FOAM if not all of it, but it's still the same kind of song you'd expect after FOAM. I definitely don't want them to continue with that sound for 1972

Was Holy Toledo one of the leftover FOAM songs or was it recently recorded?

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Was Holy Toledo one of the leftover FOAM songs or was it recently recorded?

Idk. If it was a leftover of FOAM, idk why it wasn't included on the album