1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

cher-turn-back-time.gif

LMFAO good one!! But jokes aside, I'm being serious here. 1972 has the potential to be something epic with meaningful lyrics!!!

I know we have the constant barrage of GDFan proclaiming it but I actually have a good feeling about September...

Mostly just really want to see another tour where they're actually playing new material, as much as London Hella Mega was an incredible show I was a little disappointed to not hear a single new song over the last time I saw them in 2010...

14 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Judging by the somber sound and the way the top clip is playing in reverse, I feel like this song will be about Billie's dad and turning back time. And OMG I can't wait to hear it!!!!

I love your ability to just pull this shit out of your ass :lol:

Yeah I get it. This album is probably closer to the AI type of sound than FOAMF but how do you get "This song is about Billie's dad and turning back time" from "sad sounding song"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I know we have the constant barrage of GDFan proclaiming it but I actually have a good feeling about September...

Mostly just really want to see another tour where they're actually playing new material, as much as London Hella Mega was an incredible show I was a little disappointed to not hear a single new song over the last time I saw them in 2010...

I'm actually thinking about the end of October. Because their last show this year is the F1 show on October 21st in Austin, Texas. I'm thinking maybe they'll put out a single the week after that or maybe even the first week of November, and then release the album on December 9th, Tré’s birthday.

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah I get it. This album is probably closer to the AI type of sound than FOAMF but how do you get "This song is about Billie's dad and turning back time" from "sad sounding song"

Judging by the title. 1972, I think this album could be about their childhoods

3 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

It's not unrealistic, he does look nostalgic in that teaser. I get the feeling Billie's written a lot more songs about his dad than he's let on. I also have an inkling he was working on WMUWSE as far back as 17, from the line 'seven years have gone so fast'.

What with mentioning his dad twice on Revolution Radio in two songs, Billie seems to be more comfortable referencing his dad. So if the album is about looking back I could see there being a song about the guy. The guy was a drummer, so he definitely had a huge influence on Billie learning music. 

two Rev Rad songs?  I know Too Dumb To Die because it just recentl became my most played song of all time, but what's the other one? 

13 minutes ago, That Dude said:

two Rev Rad songs?  I know Too Dumb To Die because it just recentl became my most played song of all time, but what's the other one? 

Still Breathing. "I'm like a son that was raised without a father/
I'm like a mother barely keeping it together" It's moreso referencing his family situation rather than his father directly though, I guess. It's a line that's always stood out to me bc of my family losing my father. (although I was 17, so not as young as Bille was.) 

• Love 3

18 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

The 👏 album 👏 won't 👏 release 👏 until 👏 2023

15 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

But 👏 a 👏 single 👏 is 👏 still 👏 possible 👏 for 👏 2022

Don't give up Gdfan

a single in late 2022 is indeed possible, depending on when exactly they plan to release the album in 2023

6 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

a single in late 2022 is indeed possible, depending on when exactly they plan to release the album in 2023

I’m thinking maybe we’ll get a single in late October or November because the F1 show on October 21st is the last show of the year

On 9/6/2022 at 7:38 AM, localinsomniac said:

cher-turn-back-time.gif

Cher cover on 1972 confirmed?    

Billie will wear the same outfit as Cher from the video?   CONFIRMEDDDDDD?

1972 coming THIS WEEK?  

eh, probably not. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Cher cover on 1972 confirmed?    

Billie will wear the same outfit as Cher from the video?   CONFIRMEDDDDDD?

1972 coming THIS WEEK?  

eh, probably not. 

I know of a lot of people here who would be happy if Billie wore that outfit in the gif

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 5:05 AM, Christian's Inferno! said:

but, but, but.... the chord progression is so similar to Give Me Novacaine that there is absolutely no way that this album can't be the next American Idiot, if not even biggerer and betterer!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red said:

but, but, but.... the chord progression is so similar to Give Me Novacaine that there is absolutely no way that this album can't be the next American Idiot, if not even biggerer and betterer!!!

The guys themselves are even comparing it to American Idiot. Notice how Billie says, "It's got dynamics to it, y'know what I mean? And it stays interesting, in the same way like a song like Letterbomb is interesting!"

• Like 2