1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, Zebahar said:

I don’t think FOAM should be our baseline for any future Green Day releases. 

My point is that, according to Wikipedia, album releases have never been more than 5 months after completion, with the exception of ¡TRÉ!

1039/Smoothed out Slappy Hours (compilation of 2 previously released EP's)

Kerplunk (Released 3 months after completion)

Dookie (4 months)

Insomniac (5 months)

Nimrod (3 months)

Warning (5 months)

American Idiot (5 months)

21st Century Breakdown (1 month)

¡UNO! (3 months)

¡DOS! (5 months)

¡TRÉ! (6 months)

Revolution Radio (Exact month isn't listed but it says work started in 2014 and was completed in 2016)

FOAM (1 month)

Although the RevRad description doesn’t add up because Billie didn’t reveal they were in the studio until 2016. Unless maybe he recorded Ordinary World himself in late 2014 for the movie?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

And that's....fine?

[BURPS]

Ngl the color for the Hella Mega Live vinyl is gross. It's like a mix of sprite and piss. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Squashie said:

Apparently wikipedia is now a trusted resource in 2022... 

🤔

They've certainly upped their game since that one time I wanted to do some heavy reading on Simple Plan and it said "PAGE HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO THE GAYNESS OF THIS BAND".

Whoa, wikipedia.   Whoa.

• Haha 3

Being gay rules, I would know. 

You know what else rules? Some of the teasers we've gotten, they should give us a little more of that! I don't necessarily need news, I just want them to drip feed me that sweet, sweet content. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe the timetable would be similar to FOAM, maybe single this month or next month, and the album in February

I think the only reason they did that was because of the tour. All 3 bands released their singles at the same time. Even Weezer, who weren't even planning on dropping their album until way later than the other bands.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red said:

I think the only reason they did that was because of the tour. All 3 bands released their singles at the same time. Even Weezer, who weren't even planning on dropping their album until way later than the other bands.

The original plan was to release Van Weezer in May 2020 to coincide with the tour but got postponed to May 2021 because of the pandemic

11 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

My point is that, according to Wikipedia, album releases have never been more than 5 months after completion, with the exception of ¡TRÉ!

1039/Smoothed out Slappy Hours (compilation of 2 previously released EP's)

Kerplunk (Released 3 months after completion)

Dookie (4 months)

Insomniac (5 months)

Nimrod (3 months)

Warning (5 months)

American Idiot (5 months)

21st Century Breakdown (1 month)

¡UNO! (3 months)

¡DOS! (5 months)

¡TRÉ! (6 months)

Revolution Radio (Exact month isn't listed but it says work started in 2014 and was completed in 2016)

FOAM (1 month)

Although the RevRad description doesn’t add up because Billie didn’t reveal they were in the studio until 2016. Unless maybe he recorded Ordinary World himself in late 2014 for the movie?

What about Money Money 2020?

7 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Man, 1972 is gonna suck and it just doesn't feel like the band is excited about it. 

I miss the FOAM era :(

You should make a Green Day cover band but only perform FOAM songs

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

Being gay rules, I would know. 

You know what else rules? Some of the teasers we've gotten, they should give us a little more of that! I don't necessarily need news, I just want them to drip feed me that sweet, sweet content. 

How long can one live off a drip though?

3 years?

5????

15 hours ago, Sheenius said:

You should make a Green Day cover band but only perform FOAM songs

I mean, what other songs are even worth playing?!

• Like 2

On 9/3/2022 at 4:41 PM, Clockwise said:

I mean, what other songs are even worth playing?!

I am forcing my way into this cover band.

• Like 1

Today is the 10th anniversary of the Let Yourself Go single!!! And the 25th will be the 10th anniversary of ¡UNO!, so if they don’t do anything special for it then, do you think we’ll get some 1972 news?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Delayed by another month smh, guess we will be seeing the first single at the end of 2023 and the album in Spring 2024

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

Delayed by another month.

How is this delayed? We never had an official release date.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

According to my very real and legitimate and not made up at all inside sources, every time @GDFan2019tries to make a prediction, Green Day pushes the release back little by little. Trust me, my source is that I made it up and that is as good a reason to believe as any other.  

If this is the case, the album shouldn't be out until 2040 at the earliest

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Judging by the somber sound and the way the top clip is playing in reverse, I feel like this song will be about Billie's dad and turning back time. And OMG I can't wait to hear it!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 2