1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 hours ago, Gwen Stacy said:

We do know there were some guitar overdubs done to the demos before Demolicious was released but after the trilogy albums came out. And that doesn’t even count the Otis Mixes.

That makes a lot of sense to me. What wouldn't make sense to me is the band initially recording these demos and deciding that the albums that we ended up getting sounded better without all the added elements that many of the demos offer. I don't see any reason why the band would decide to strip them out and then purposefully ship a much more bland sounding product.

A tiny bit more of these elements in the actual albums would have done so much to help them be received better in my honest opinion and would have done wonders to my personal rankings of them...

The vibes I am getting from 1972 right now are similar to the trilogy, but with the band learning from those mistakes and working hard to not make the same ones again. I am fine with this and I believe that as of right now, it's a huge step in the right direction for the band.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red said:

The vibes I am getting from 1972 right now are similar to the trilogy, but with the band learning from those mistakes and working hard to not make the same ones again. I am fine with this and I believe that as of right now, it's a huge step in the right direction for the band.

I think they're going for something much bigger than that. I'm getting American Idiot vibes!!! And Homecoming and Whatsername are even playing in the background of 2 of the teasers!!!

• Like 1

I could see a couple of AI songs being used as reference tracks. But that would be more for the overall sound they're trying to capture than anything else. It's not necessarily indicative of the theme of the album. I'd buy that they have a story to tell, sure. The concept just isn't going to be a rock opera this time around.

• Like 3

Dead Thread.

Here's some possible song titles:

Windy Opaque.

The Biues Come To You

Her

Dummy Red Glue

And I'm done.

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Dead Thread.

Windy Opaque.

The Biues Come To You

Her

Dummy Red Glue

And I'm done.

With all the hashtags they put in the teasers, I’m surprised none of them are hinting at possible song titles. Maybe 1972 will also be the name of the first single.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Dead Thread.

Windy Opaque.

The Biues Come To You

Her

Dummy Red Glue

And I'm done.

Give us a full tracklist or it doesn’t count. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That Dude said:

Dead Thread.

sometime a dead thread is a good thing when there nothing new

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Give us a full tracklist or it doesn’t count. 

I felt the annoyance increasing with each letter I typed. 

Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut or only say hello.

Sometimes I still feel I'm walking alone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

With all the hashtags they put in the teasers, I’m surprised none of them are hinting at possible song titles. Maybe 1972 will also be the name of the first single.

I would prefer it as a song title and not an entire theme of the album.  Lead single called 1972 and it's part of a bigger, as yet unknown theme.  That's what I think...or want. 

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

Hey @That Dude, I think we've found your burner account.

Pissed the Bed is my new favorite Green Day song, so don't discount the good ole Mayu Yan just yet.  

As far as it being their "best in years".....yes, I agree.   It's better than their entire discography except maybe Father of All.  

Allegations Smellagations.  

58 minutes ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

What say you about these allegations, @That Dude

You forget the deluxe deluxe deluxe super mega unicorn deluxe shenanigans edition of the new album, with beloved tracks such as:

Public Eye.

Siren head.

Hardcore Breakneck Pyscho Rap

and a cover of Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meat Loaf, which is 30 minutes long and has some elements of the Midwest Medley which is interesting because apparently we or you are of midwest origin.   

They also cover Panic at the Disco's Middle of a Breakup and combine it with THunderstruck by AC/DC. 

• Haha 2

The all-New! Green Day interactive video record, coming to Netflix 7/9/22 - Who Put Pollyanna in my Bratwurst!?

Set in 1972 and featuring Billie Joe as seedy detective turned heart-of-gold fan favourite Willy Moe on his desperate quest to solve another meaty mystery. Featuring over four Netflix exclusive hit singles:

Polly's New Sausage Cracker

Bang Bang! Hot Dogs in the Microwave

One for all the Fishermen

John's Reckoning/Polly's Fish Fingers (Reprise)

Nothing Quite Like Cold Meat (In the Morning)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 龑美優 (Miyu Yan) said:

Alright everyone, let's keep the hype train rolling! We are definitely getting an announcement within the next 365 days or your money back guaranteed!

We are going to be getting some of Green Day's best material in years with hit songs such as:

- Turpentine Valentine

- Soggy Cigarettes

- Once In A Blue Elvis

- I Was A Baby, Baby

- Osama Binsomniac

- Hollow Earth Birth Control

- Pinheads & Gunpowders

- Pissed The Bed

- All Rock, No Shock

- Green Bean Day Machine

- Wiggle With The Billies (featuring Billie Eilish)

- 20th Century Time Machine 

& bonus tracks including 8 covers of your favorite Kidz Bop classics! This is gonna be a banger from end to end, friends! More features! More Swedish songwriters! More trap beats! 100% choice beef cuts, baybeee! This sucker has it all! 

“Once in a Blue Elvis” sounds like a cross between Dominated Love Slave and Nightlife, Billie sings in falsetto 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2