1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I mean it's not really a matter of them not trying as hard anymore. I think they do still try hard and I've not said otherwise. The trilogy was possibly the most effort they put into a project. It's just with how many songs were on the trilogy, it would be unreasonable to expect every song to be on the same level as all their prior albums. RevRad was largely a return to form, at least in terms of consistency as the vast majority of tracks on that album easily exceed that bar of quality with the exception of maybe Youngblood and Ordinary World. FOAMF is the only album they've released where I think a significant portion of the album doesn't exceed the expected quality of a Green Day song. Idk if it needs to be said but of course this is just my opinion.

That's definitely implied when you say the bar has been lowered in terms of song quality, though. My point is that your opinion has nothing to do with the bar they set for themselves.

59 minutes ago, Red said:

I was thinking when reading the comments "how have I not heard of this?" and "holy shit this sounds super serious, he destroyed someone's car? wtf!" 

Then I watched the video you linked and now I know why I didn't hear about it.

This is just Green Day being Green Day. I don't see anything wrong or controversial about it. 

It's not even a comparison to the iheart thing. 

Yeah it looked like it was staged

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It wasn't. The videos were pretty funny even at the time and no one made any kind of thing about it.  I think Billie just had a momentary anti-capitalist impulse seeing the sponsor car sitting there alongside the audience. He decided in the moment to take a swing at it.  He didn't even make a dent which caused Mike to make a funny comment at the time about how "Subarus are rock solid!" It was funny and no one cared.

I was one of the people huddle around him when he was hitting the car. I have the video somewhere. 

I'm not sure if it was staged, but everyone in the area was laughing about it when he did it. If you look at the swings too, they definitely seemed a bit weak.

Then again, he's swinging this guitar and could've easily hit someone in the head. I'm sure he realized that and had to work around that.

• Like 4

This absolutely was a schtick :lol: Not sure if it was planned (I suppose there’d be more publicity if it was), but it definitely wasn’t a fit of rage

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I was one of the people huddle around him when he was hitting the car. I have the video somewhere. 

I'm not sure if it was staged, but everyone in the area was laughing about it when he did it. If you look at the swings too, they definitely seemed a bit weak.

Then again, he's swinging this guitar and could've easily hit someone in the head. I'm sure he realized that and had to work around that.

Plus his angle was awkward wasn’t it? It looked like it was high on a platform and he had to swing up to hit it, the poor little man 😄 and as you say he probably couldn’t swing back very far because of the people behind him. It was one of those poorly thought out ideas.

42 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This absolutely was a schtick :lol: Not sure if it was planned (I suppose there’d be more publicity if it was), but it definitely wasn’t a fit of rage

No I remember from the video he was like “I want to smash that thing. Give me a guitar!” He sounded pretty pleased with himself

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zebahar said:

4917038d8bbd7fe362bed691690c7da4.jpg

If Billie had wanted the big bucks though then why would he have toured shitty clubs in the US with The Longshot that probably barely broke even? Just a thought

• Like 3

That sweater is Mr. Rogers, Rick Nielsen and Tron all at once and it's...

...holy Toledo, it's $1500

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 2

17 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

That sweater is Mr. Rogers, Rick Nielsen and Tron all at once and it's...

...holy Toledo, it's $1500

Everything Gucci makes is mad expensive!!!!

I really hope something happens soon. It’s been almost year or more of teases. It is probably going to be better than Here Comes the Shock or Pollyanna. If not this is not worth all this speculation. 

So glad about the Chicago shows with the surprise set list and snippet of Oh Love. Hopefully that is a hint of things to come.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I have a feeling we could be getting an announcement in September if this cycle ends up being similar to FOAM

waaake mee uuuup ...

😄

no seriously, its really hard to guess the right time for announcement/single release/lp release

they planned to tour europe at the end of this year, maybe they will do a proper tour (gd only shows) in mid/late 2023, lp release in early/spring 2023 would make sense to push ticket sales, album release in feb/march/april 2023 seems very likely to me

but will they start full promo in 2022, or right when 2023 begins?

• Like 1

Do we know the current Status of the recording process? 
The TikTok Videos can be a few weeks old. I mean they released 4-5 Videos per week. Now we get maybe 1 per week out of the studio? And no one knows how old the videos are. We will see. Yeah they planned a tour in EU but I think they didn‘t cancelled because of the Covid situation. Maybe they wanted to finish the record first before doing another tour without a release. 

I dunno why, but I feel like maybe this thing is in the can or close to it, and they're just biding their time. For what purpose? Feck knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Do we know the current Status of the recording process? 
The TikTok Videos can be a few weeks old. I mean they released 4-5 Videos per week. Now we get maybe 1 per week out of the studio? And no one knows how old the videos are. We will see. Yeah they planned a tour in EU but I think they didn‘t cancelled because of the Covid situation. Maybe they wanted to finish the record first before doing another tour without a release. 

Judging by the last photo of Tre with CLA it seems like they’re still finishing mixing

17 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Judging by the last photo of Tre with CLA it seems like they’re still finishing mixing

So we can get an announcement anytime in the near future.

Rammstein announced their latest album 6 weeks before its release. I think Green Day won‘t do the same but single release i. November/December with tour announcement is possible.