1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

He seems to have vocally bumpier periods and other times he’s very solid. There could be other factors than just training and lack thereof. Vocal cords can easily become strained etc

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

He seems to have vocally bumpier periods and other times he’s very solid. There could be other factors than just training and lack thereof. Vocal cords can easily become strained etc

Smoking and alcohol doesn’t help either

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

plus he’s mentioned having asthma, that  can have an influence too (and doesn’t mix well with smoking at all)

and remember during Rev Rad he was talking about prednisone during invertivews...could be for his asthma or vocal chord inflammation.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll be hearing vocals in any teasers. I remember reading an interview during the 21CB sessions and Billie said he keeps his lyrics closely guarded, even from Mike and Tré, early on in the process

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

The exposed vocals tracks are another example of this. Gives me goosebumps 

I don't think anyone really knows for sure. From someone who hasn't been able to stop smoking myself when I see Billie smoking he looks like at some point he's been "serious smoker". 

It always surprises me when I see Mike with a cigarette these days

I thought Billie Joe was the only one who smokes. Mike smokes? That is very surprising!

OMG are they in gakuran? (Japanese old-school boys school uniforms) They all look amazing, especially Tre! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I should be posting this in the Fangirls thread, but Billie's voice always kicks me right in the feels whenever new Green Day music is released. Holding off the vocals until the proper release is fine by me.

tbh with the foam single release i was ... shocked? :D

29 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I think/desperately hope Crush have realised that they can't treat Green Day like Weezer and Fall Out Boy and expect fans to like it

I hope so, but looking at the hella mega numbers, I think they don’t really have an incentive to

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I hope so, but looking at the hella mega numbers, I think they don’t really have an incentive to

How'd it do numbers wise?

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It was among highest grossing tours last year and i think it did well in Europe too so I bet they’re happy

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2021/12/14/rolling-stones-harry-styles-were-top-grossing-tours-of-2021/amp/

It did well here in Europe but wasn‘t that many shows here. Most of the Shows were Festivals and Solo gigs with Weezer as an opening Band. And I can‘t imagine Green Day let others decide what to play on stage 🤷‍♂️

But what is the current status with a record company? I thought Crush for touring and not a record label but idk.

9 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

It did well here in Europe but wasn‘t that many shows here. Most of the Shows were Festivals and Solo gigs with Weezer as an opening Band. And I can‘t imagine Green Day let others decide what to play on stage 🤷‍♂️

But what is the current status with a record company? I thought Crush for touring and not a record label but idk.

The thing is, Green Day will do whatever makes them the most $$$ and at this point it’s the hits + stadium shows.

Crush is their management company. Their record label is still Warner/Reprise.

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The thing is, Green Day will do whatever makes them the most $$$ and at this point it’s the hits + stadium shows.

Crush is their management company. Their record label is still Warner/Reprise.

Thought FOAM was their last one with Warner/Reprise

1 minute ago, Insomniac90 said:

Thought FOAM was their last one with Warner/Reprise

They signed a new deal.

• Like 2