1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, It's Splash Time said:

I’m convinced the album will release on tre’s birthday. 
evidence:

-it’s a Friday this year, and that’s now when albums tend to come out

- 1972 makes most sense both released this year and once everyone is 50

And I’m going to say first single around my birthday because it’s nice to think positively

Billie said that the album will most likely be released in 2023

• Like 2

4 hours ago, It's Splash Time said:

evidence:

And I’m going to say first single around my birthday because it’s nice to think positively

It's a nice theory, but it doesn't square with Billie saying it would be released in 2023. It's highly likely something might happen around that Birthday though, whether it's them announcing the album, dropping a single or whatever. 

The other thing is, I don't like that things are this way, but these days, albums are often announced a good 4-5 months in advance or more, with singles dropping way ahead of the album's release. It's not impossible that the band may come with an announcement soon, but even if they did it could "only" possibly be 3, maximum 3 and a half months ahead of the albums release and singles would also have to start dropping very soon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

The other thing is, I don't like that things are this way, but these days, albums are often announced a good 4-5 months in advance or more, with singles dropping way ahead of the album's release. It's not impossible that the band may come with an announcement soon, but even if they did it could "only" possibly be 3, maximum 3 and a half months ahead of the albums release and singles would also have to start dropping very soon. 

Green Day has only done that with FOAMF and they only did it to coincide with the releases of the Fall Out Boy and Weezer singles and to create hype for the Hella Mega tour. And despite the album being announced months ahead of the album's release, there were still only 3 singles released before the album which is pretty normal for them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Green Day has only done that with FOAMF and they only did it to coincide with the releases of the Fall Out Boy and Weezer singles and to create hype for the Hella Mega tour. And despite the album being announced months ahead of the album's release, there were still only 3 singles released before the album which is pretty normal for them

True and there are also plenty of artists that buck the trend I outlined (I hope Green Day will too). But for all the talk of a break from Warner or more creative leeway, I'm sure they'll still be making some strategic marketing decisions, especially if they're proud of this new album (as it seems like they are) and want it to succeed. So, in the unlikely case of a release this year, an announcement would have to come extremely soon in my view, whilst they're still on tour, in fact.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Splash Time said:

evidence:

When is your birthday?

The very first 1972 teaser (Rak studios) sounded almost like a FOAM song, same with the "share this song with your dog" teaser. All the newer teasers sound much more American idiot, and in general a bit heavier. I wonder if a reason this album is taking so long is because they decided to re-record some of the songs with Rob to make a more authentic Green Day sounding album 🤔🤔🤔

Oh and also songsforassholes account now has exactly 72 post. Lol no fuckin way it's a coincidence 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

The very first 1972 teaser (Rak studios) sounded almost like a FOAM song, same with the "share this song with your dog" teaser. All the newer teasers sound much more American idiot, and in general a bit heavier. I wonder if a reason this album is taking so long is because they decided to re-record some of the songs with Rob to make a more authentic Green Day sounding album 🤔🤔🤔

Oh and also songsforassholes account now has exactly 72 post. Lol no fuckin way it's a coincidence 

It actually had 72 posts since the time we were speculating about it, before FOAM was announced. I actually started getting the American Idiot vibes from the 3rd teaser.

And even this one, the second teaser, reminds me of Give Me Novacaine

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I really hope they keep the 1972 songs in the setlist permanently!!!

Yes, especially the least popular ones and the absolutely dreadful ones!  

9 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Billie said that the album will most likely be released in 2023

I’m in denial because that’s a silly idea, and it would just make more sense this year. :P (And who says billie was telling the truth/knew for certain when things were happening)

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

When is your birthday?

End of September. Way too optimistic to be fair. Far more likely a single for tre’s birthday. :lol: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Yeah, he certainly knew about that Forever Now single. 

and that American Idiot movie.

and that book the band were going to release.  

Ya know?  

He keeps making up things that Green Day’s going to do. Sometimes they even do it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Single in December album in March 

What century though?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Single in December album in March 

Or early February before Billie turns 51

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Or early February before Billie turns 51

Being 50 probably shouldn’t be the focus

2 hours ago, pinkyy said:

is it out yet?

got my bratwurst colored vinyl edition in yesterday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My predictions (not that I’ve got much right but it won’t stop me from making predictions): 1st single in November, album in March, 13 songs on album. 

• Like 3

I wonder if Billie did any vocal training in the lead up to this? With some of The Network stuff his voice still clearly has the potential to sound as good as it has in the past, and since it seems like they're taking this one more seriously I'm thinking maybe that little extra effort could easily have been put in --

Have we still not had any teasers with actual lead vocal lines?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I wonder if Billie did any vocal training in the lead up to this? With some of The Network stuff his voice still clearly has the potential to sound as good as it has in the past, and since it seems like they're taking this one more seriously I'm thinking maybe that little extra effort could easily have been put in --

Have we still not had any teasers with actual lead vocal lines?

If the way he sounded this summer is any indication, he probably did. I was surprised with how flawless his singing was.

• Like 3

I only know of Billie having vocal training for the AI musical

• Like 1