1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I noticed something in the latest teaser at the part when Rob is talking to Tré about his drumming on the take. About 40 seconds in there’s a jump cut when Rob was saying, “Like the feeling of playing over, umm…” Do you guys think that part was cut off to avoid a potential spoiler?

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

The album will release in 2023.

When do you think a single will be out?

20 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

When do you think a single will be out?

October at the absolute earliest I'd say

• Like 1

But its really hard to even guess because we don't know how far along the album is or what's going on in the background (considering we've been teased for 8 months now, you'd think we'd have at least something by now.) So who even knows, we might only be halfway through this never ending nightmare of blue balls torture

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

I speculate that an anouncement about an album will be in October-November following a single release in February-March. The album release date probably April-May 2023. 

I was expecting the album release at the end of this year but I see it won't be before 2023. It seems that they're putting so much energy/work to this new album and they wouldn't wanna release it before its the right time for them. 

2023 and 2024 will be the year of Green Day.

They could time in perfectly so that as promotion of 1972 winds down, they could jump right into a celebration of American Idiot turning 20.    Maybe even a combination of the two!  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

I speculate that an anouncement about an album will be in October-November following a single release in February-March. The album release date probably April-May 2023. 

I was expecting the album release at the end of this year but I see it won't be before 2023. It seems that they're putting so much energy/work to this new album and they wouldn't wanna release it before its the right time for them. 

2023 and 2024 will be the year of Green Day.

Idk I still think it‘ll be before the end of the year because they all turn 50 this year and 1972 would obviously be a celebration of that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Idk I still think it‘ll be before the end of the year because they all turn 50 this year and 1972 would obviously be a celebration of that

They were still born in 1972 next year though - they’ll all be 50 until February 17

• Like 3

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

They could time in perfectly so that as promotion of 1972 winds down, they could jump right into a celebration of American Idiot turning 20.    Maybe even a combination of the two!  

That's exactly what I was thinking

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Dookie is going to turn 30 too!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

The album will release in 2023.

Speculation or maybe heard some stuff?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Speculation or maybe heard some stuff?

Billie said it himself in an interview, but that must have been early on in the sessions so maybe he didn’t exactly have a definitive answer yet. Looking at their enthusiasm in the teasers, they might want to put it out ASAP

3 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

They were still born in 1972 next year though - they’ll all be 50 until February 17

So maybe the album would be out on February 10th at the latest. And we could have a single in September. Maybe we could have 2 or 3 singles within that time frame, and 2 more after the album release.

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe we could have 2 or 3 singles within that time frame

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high

42 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Dookie is going to turn 30 too!!!!

Celebrating the two biggest albums of their career while also injecting a massive amount of 1972 songs into the setlist, with Billie saying "We've learned to look back a little, but we gotta look forward too, ya know?"   

And after all the smack I've talked about proper representation of all their albums in concert,  I'd be okay if they did this idea and ignored everything else.   Idiot, Dookie, 1972.   What I'm pondering now is how much of each one they play.   Here's what I've come up with:  

1.        Welcome to Paradise

2.        She

3.        Pulling Teeth

4.        Holiday

5.        She’s a Rebel

6.        Coming Clean

7.        St. Jimmy

8.        Longview

9.        Letterbomb

10.    1972 song (ballad) 

11.    1972 song    (insane punk rocker)

12.    Boulevard of Broken Dreams

13.    Wake Me Up When September Ends

14.   1972 Song  (1950s style song)

15.   Extraordinary Girl

16.    Burnout

17.    Having a Blast

18.    When I Come Around

ENCORE: 

19.   Eminus Sleepus

20.    Give Me Novacaine 

21.    1972 song (Idiot style song)

22.   Basketcase

23.    Jesus of Suburbia

24.   American Idiot

25.   1972 Song (Billie states that he never in his wildest dreams thought he could outdo Jesus of Suburbia, but this songs is called JNS and it’s 11 minutes song.  The song ends with a medley of Nobody Likes You and All By Myself as images from the Boulevard of Broken Dreams video go across the entire stage. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

Celebrating the two biggest albums of their career while also injecting a massive amount of 1972 songs into the setlist, with Billie saying "We've learned to look back a little, but we gotta look forward too, ya know?"   

And after all the smack I've talked about proper representation of all their albums in concert,  I'd be okay if they did this idea and ignored everything else.   Idiot, Dookie, 1972.   What I'm pondering now is how much of each one they play.   Here's what I've come up with:  

1.        Welcome to Paradise

2.        She

3.        Pulling Teeth

4.        Holiday

5.        She’s a Rebel

6.        Coming Clean

7.        St. Jimmy

8.        Longview

9.        Letterbomb

10.    1972 song (ballad) 

11.    1972 song    (insane punk rocker)

12.    Boulevard of Broken Dreams

13.    Wake Me Up When September Ends

14.   1972 Song  (1950s style song)

15.   Extraordinary Girl

16.    Burnout

17.    Having a Blast

18.    When I Come Around

ENCORE: 

19.   Eminus Sleepus

20.    Give Me Novacaine 

21.    1972 song (Idiot style song)

22.   Basketcase

23.    Jesus of Suburbia

24.   American Idiot

25.   1972 Song (Billie states that he never in his wildest dreams thought he could outdo Jesus of Suburbia, but this songs is called JNS and it’s 11 minutes song.  The song ends with a medley of Nobody Likes You and All By Myself as images from the Boulevard of Broken Dreams video go across the entire stage. 

I really hope they keep the 1972 songs in the setlist permanently!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

Look I’m sorry, not meaning to sound rude, but how do you want them to keep those songs permanently on their setlist, if you haven’t even heard them yet?

I mean, from what we’ve seen in the teasers, they clearly love this album. And they just haven’t given the Trilogy, FOAM, and even RevRad the love they deserved!! Maybe if the 1972 tour is not a Hella Mega 2, so to speak, and it’s just them with a smaller opening act, then they’d have more time for a longer set list

• Like 1