How do we know it's done?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jon Benjamin said:

170 bpm he mentioned at 100 bars is just under 2:20

Although he never said bar 100 was the end

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

How do we know it's done?

There was a post a while back I think that Rob had said it was done and just being mixed and that was back in May I think 

25 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Although he never said bar 100 was the end

But he said it was almost a perfect take so it might have been near the end

• Like 2

I‘m pretty sure we get a documentary or something. At least a making of for YouTube or maybe an extra like „Quatro“ by pre-order. The quality is too good just for a TikTok (not really shaky). Probably depends on how good the album will perform the charts.

• Like 3

I wonder if it’s even possible for a rock band to have a rennaisance in the current climate. I mean, gen z listened to master of puppets and now Metallica is canceled. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

59 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder if it’s even possible for a rock band to have a rennaisance in the current climate. I mean, gen z listened to master of puppets and now Metallica is canceled. :lol:

what did the little shits do to Metallica???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

I‘m pretty sure we get a documentary or something. At least a making of for YouTube or maybe an extra like „Quatro“ by pre-order. The quality is too good just for a TikTok (not really shaky). Probably depends on how good the album will perform the charts.

That’s what I said!!! And TikTok does have the option to upload prerecorded videos!!! I’m just afraid of the possibility of it being a streaming exclusive. And I wasn’t going to subscribe to Hulu just to see the Lollapalooza show. Luckily, I found a YouTuber that streamed it!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Why? The song is about addiction 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Radiation Fear said:

what did the little shits do to Metallica???

Listened to it in Stranger Things, liked it and then proceeded to look for dirt on the band from their past… then the attempt to cancel Metallica turned into a meme, because obviously, their fans don’t care, but the point is that any other band would probably meet a similar fate if they blew up on tiktok

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Why? The song is about addiction 

The issue wasn’t with the song but with some remarks the band members made years ago

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

What? I had to google this, because it had passed me completely by. Honestly, as someone born in the 90s, but who falls into either the gen z or gen y camp, depending on the definition you use, I gotta say that I like a bit of tongue in cheek boomer bashing like anyone else, but I also sometimes don't get my generation AT ALL. I mean, what goes on on TikTok is beyond me ngl. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

What? I had to google this, because it had passed me completely by. Honestly, as someone born in the 90s, but who falls into either the gen z or gen y camp, depending on the definition you use, I gotta say that I like a bit of tongue in cheek boomer bashing like anyone else, but I also sometimes don't get my generation AT ALL. I mean, what goes on on TikTok is beyond me ngl. 

Same. I think the generational divide is whether or not you have TikTok.

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

after the (disastrous) foam output i really hope they get back to what they are capable of, i dont want to get me too overhyped but so far it seems we are in for a treat indeed

cant wait to hear the first single and see the album cover

and i hope there is another gem like jos, drb, forever now

and can we agree the single isn’t even the best song on the CD… right? RIGHT?!?!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Listened to it in Stranger Things, liked it and then proceeded to look for dirt on the band from their past… then the attempt to cancel Metallica turned into a meme, because obviously, their fans don’t care, but the point is that any other band would probably meet a similar fate if they blew up on tiktok

The issue wasn’t with the song but with some remarks the band members made years ago

Yeah and that's the issue I have with it, the almost thirsty search for dirt or anything that might distort a band's perfect image (which, if a band has existed for long enough, there almost always is). Also, I often get annoyed more by people who idolise celebrities, expecting them to be some kind of angels or above normal human behaviour, rather than about some of the stupid shit celebs actually get up to (when it's genuinely minor things ofc). Also, where do these people get the time or motivation to conduct such meticulous "research"? I couldn't give a shit tbh :lol:

However, yeah, if you wanted to dig up "dirt" on Green Day (or stuff that would look bad, certainly out of context), you definitely could.

On the other hand, I wonder how great the effect of any given "cancelling" these days would be, especially on TikTok, because it seems to me, as a mere layman of course, that unlike previously (because people have been "cancelled" for decades or even centuries), when someone is cancelled today, in a lot of cases they simply shift demographics or the demographic that cancelled them is fairly irrelevant to them anyway. Yeah, certain people will stop supporting them, but others will continue to do so, or even start supporting them. So, I think the numbers are either largely unaffected or eventually even out. There's no universal banishment, so to speak. It's certainly the sense I get with a lot of actors or other celebs that have been "cancelled" lately. I mean, you keep seeing "cancelled" celebs going on book tours, giving interviews, selling stuff etc. They're clearly doing fine. It's not a partisan issue either, because I think the numbers showed that right-wing boycotts of companies such as Nike and Gillette because of their ads often backfired and actually increased revenues, partly because the controversy raised their profile and partly because others did like the message. 

In the case of Green Day, I don't know how many gen z'ers actually go to their concerts anyway. There's always been a saying that people in their late 20s or 30s (even 40s) are often a better demographic for musicians, because besides paying for concert or festival tickets (that aren't always cheap), they're also more likely to splash out on merch or other fan products, due to a larger disposable income. 

But all this has made me rather curious as to what dirt TikTok would dig up on the guys given the chance :lol:

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Yeah and that's the issue I have with it, the almost thirsty search for dirt or anything that might distort a band's perfect image (which, if a band has existed for long enough, there almost always is). Also, I often get annoyed more by people who idolise celebrities, expecting them to be some kind of angels or above normal human behaviour, rather than about some of the stupid shit celebs actually get up to (when it's genuinely minor things ofc). Also, where do these people get the time or motivation to conduct such meticulous "research"? I couldn't give a shit tbh :lol:

However, yeah, if you wanted to dig up "dirt" on Green Day (or stuff that what look bad, certainly out of context), you definitely could.

On the other hand, I wonder how great the effect of any given "cancelling" these days would be, especially on TikTok, because it seems to me, as a mere layman of course, that unlike previously (because people have been "cancelled" for decades or even centuries), when someone is cancelled today, in a lot of cases they simply shift demographics or the demographic that cancelled them is fairly irrelevant to them anyway. Yeah, certain people will stop supporting them, but others will continue to do so, or even start supporting them. So, I think the numbers are either largely unaffected or eventually even out. There's no universal banishment, so to speak. It's certainly the sense I get with a lot of actors or other celebs that have been "cancelled" lately. It's also why you keep seeing "cancelled" celebs going on book tours, giving interviews, selling stuff etc. They're clearly doing fine. It's not a partisan issue either, because I think the numbers showed that right-wing boycotts of companies such as Nike and Gillette, because of their ads often backfired and increased revenues, partially because the controversy raised their profile and partly because others did like the message. 

In the case of Green Day, I don't know how many gen z'ers actually go to their concerts anyway. There's always been a saying that people in their late 20s or 30s (even 40s) are often a better demographic for musicians, because besides paying for concert or festival tickets (that aren't always cheap), they're also more likely to splash out on merch or other fan products, due to a larger disposable income. 

But all this has made me rather curious as to what dirt TikTok would dig up on the guys given the chance :lol:

Yeah, I don’t think it actually matters if tiktok kids get mad about something. They’re in fact a minority and don’t really have that much influence, plus they aren’t a demographic that makes money. But I just think it’s an interesting shift to how this generation approaches music and the culture around it. I would say that a lot of tiktok trends are rooted in nostalgia (grunge fashion, sovietwave, Running Up That Hill etc), but at the same time it doesn’t seem like there’s actually a way to capitalize on that for artists from that era because (they’re too boomer and problematic for that) the nostalgia is for the aesthetic not the actual culture of that era and that’s fascinating to me, I don’t think my generation was like that 10/12 years ago. Like, I don’t think anyone cared that much.

:lol: No! We can’t give the kids any ideas

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MillenniumFan said:

But all this has made me rather curious as to what dirt TikTok would dig up on the guys given the chance

Nazi "salute" Billie does during live performances of Holiday. TikTokers love taking things out of context.

I was looking at that piece of paper on the music stand in the teaser, and to me it doesn’t look like a song, but maybe a rough draft of the tracklist?

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was looking at that piece of paper on the music stand in the teaser, and to me it doesn’t look like a song, but maybe a rough draft of the tracklist?

Yeah but why would they put a tracklist on a music stand. If it is a tracklist that means we're getting 10 songs

49 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

here is a close-up pic...🤔

3d5c5118eee7abe5f69a644d87e810c4ce4879d3