1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

No please, remember MOOTIK, we had so many snippets that we wished that sounded like GD but in fact didn‘t

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phildunphy said:

No

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence bud, just saying 

Sounds fake to me 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 10:46 PM, nineteenseventytwo said:

are links allowed here? who knows..

RIP Taylor Hawkins, he was such an inspiration to us all

On 3/27/2022 at 1:15 PM, PluckyJokerhead said:

OK full disclosure this account was me, found myself making this tune and it kind of reminded me of the teasers so wanted to see how you guys would react haha. Billie has upstaged me with something so much better though

Oh my god that new *real* teaser sounds insane. The production is giving me real American Idiot vibes, guitar tone especially. Super hyped

It's just this again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Major Pain said:

It's just this again.

Yes!!!!!!!!! I knew I heard this before!!! Just wasn’t sure if it was a fake or Green Day themselves!!! Thanks for finding that!!!

• Like 2

Any actual news lately about the new album? I’m getting used to 1972 speculation dragging on like it’s never going to happen. 187 pages and almost a year? I’m speculating it’ll drop and surprise us all probably after these next few tour dates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Neil said:

Any actual news lately about the new album? I’m getting used to 1972 speculation dragging on like it’s never going to happen. 187 pages and almost a year? I’m speculating it’ll drop and surprise us all probably after these next few tour dates.

No news but Billie painted 1972 on the back of the vest he wore at the Outside Lands show this past weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Vocals would seal the deal.

The only vocals we have so far are from the first teaser, “Wooooaaah wooooaaaah!!!” And the latest, “Hoo hoo-ooh YEAH!!!”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

The only vocals we have so far are from the first teaser, “Wooooaaah wooooaaaah!!!” And the latest, “Hoo hoo-ooh YEAH!!!”

Sounds like Billie Joe Armstrong is entering his Hannah Montana era.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Vocals would seal the deal.

People still wouldn't agree. We've had vocals that were fake that sounded fake and everyone bought into it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Pain said:

It's just this again.

Oooooops forgot about that haha

We've been pretty spoilt for real teasers since then so there's not a whole lot of reason to believe any clip sans vocals/not from an official account is legit, if anything else ends up cropping up.

13 hours ago, Mato said:

Those are obviously programmed drums, with little or no round robin. The person who did that should work more with MIDI velocities (especially on hihat) and overall choice of sound libraries if they want it to sound realistic. Nice try though. 

Was only going to put so much work in to have fun with you guys :) this was just demo of something else I was working on with planned real drums later -- but you're totally right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:43 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Interesting comments in this reddit post here analyzing the equipment seen in the teaser as an indication of the sounds they are going for (and therefore what we maybe can expect)

who is that on guitar over there?   

Possible stupid question but I need to know....for reasons.  

40 minutes ago, That Dude said:

who is that on guitar over there?   

Possible stupid question but I need to know....for reasons.  

Isn't that Kevin Preston?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 4:58 AM, Im.a.basket.case said:

I mean....but it does....very similar to Trilogy sounding songs.

As someone who listens Trilogy daily, I have to disagree. Guitar tone, drum sound and riff itself doesn't sound anything like what is on Trilogy. Due to bends it might sound something like Carpe Diem solo but it's not even close with other Trilogy songs.

To no ones surprise, it wasn't real but repost(?) instead from a different account. To people who love to do these fake Green Day album previews, I'd advice on copy and pasting Fuck Time riff yet again or include a lot of claps. Those have better chance to fool some people rather than some insane bend solo that sounds way too good to be real.

In terms of 1972 project, I couldn't care a less about release date. It comes out when it comes out and whatever the result is, it's worth the wait. I only have one major wish and that it's not a tryhard album that tries to be some forced rock opera with the most confusing story out there. Even though I love 21st Century Breakdown, it's very messy and confusing in terms of understanding the story (13 years later and I still have no idea what the fuck is that story even about) whereas American Idiot was very simple and easy to follow (Jimmy died today/Now I wonder how Whatsername has been). Dos! is easily my favorite album from Green Day thanks to banger songs and the easiest story out there. It also helps that Dos! wasn't tryhard at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miko said:

As someone who listens Trilogy daily, I have to disagree. Guitar tone, drum sound and riff itself doesn't sound anything like what is on Trilogy. Due to bends it might sound something like Carpe Diem solo but it's not even close with other Trilogy songs.

To no ones surprise, it wasn't real but repost(?) instead from a different account. To people who love to do these fake Green Day album previews, I'd advice on copy and pasting Fuck Time riff yet again or include a lot of claps. Those have better chance to fool some people rather than some insane bend solo that sounds way too good to be real.

In terms of 1972 project, I couldn't care a less about release date. It comes out when it comes out and whatever the result is, it's worth the wait. I only have one major wish and that it's not a tryhard album that tries to be some forced rock opera with the most confusing story out there. Even though I love 21st Century Breakdown, it's very messy and confusing in terms of understanding the story (13 years later and I still have no idea what the fuck is that story even about) whereas American Idiot was very simple and easy to follow (Jimmy died today/Now I wonder how Whatsername has been). Dos! is easily my favorite album from Green Day thanks to banger songs and the easiest story out there. It also helps that Dos! wasn't tryhard at all.

A few pages back, I came up with a good concept for 1972. What if it has characters based on real people and real events in Billie's life? Hell, maybe there would be a political song about Nixon and the Watergate scandal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

A few pages back, I came up with a good concept for 1972. What if it has characters based on real people and real events in Billie's life? Hell, maybe there would be a political song about Nixon and the Watergate scandal.

I think we already got that, just not 100% literally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think we already got that, just not 100% literally.

Huh?

• Like 1