1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I hope it comes out soon. I'm just tempering my expectations since Billie said 2023. Although he hasn't been reliable in the past.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I hope it comes out soon. I'm just tempering my expectations since Billie said 2023. Although he hasn't been reliable in the past.

When @TJChrobo ran into Billie back in 2019, Billie told him about the September single, February album, it turned out to be correct obviously. I think that’s who he told, someone correct me if I’m wrong

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Ahh another day, another opportunity for a 1972 tease

I'm assuming we won't get content until after Outside Lands this weekend.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I'm assuming we won't get content until after Outside Lands this weekend.

That makes sense because then they have a month off before Rock in Rio on September 9th

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

That makes sense because then they have a month off before Rock in Rio on September 9th

Praying for a single before that so we can get a live performance during it 🙌

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jhonib said:

Praying for a single before that so we can get a live performance during it 🙌

I hope so!!! I was hoping that would be the case for Lollapalooza!! I hope Billie starts dropping hints to the crowd about what's to come!!!

I think we don't get a single before they'll play the shows already planned.

I may be wrong but I think they want to close a chapter before starting a new one 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Stewe said:

I think we don't get a single before they'll play the shows already planned.

I may be wrong but I think they want to close a chapter before starting a new one 

Yeah but I think Hella Mega is over. As far as I can see, these remaining shows are just festivals

Yeah, I don't think they'll use these festival sets to promote anything new. Don't think we'll get much news or a single until this cycle is over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Yeah, I don't think they'll use these festival sets to promote anything new. Don't think we'll get much news or a single until this cycle is over.

I can see them posting something on New Year’s Eve, like a ball drop or something. 10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1…***1972***

But seriously, like I said, if everything is done, the mixing, artwork, etc., I don't see them holding it off too much longer. But for all we know, they could be using this month break to add some finishing touches to it

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

August could be filled with all the behind the scenes stuff to prepare for promotion and marketing — the business meetings, decisions on artwork and packaging, firming up dates, magazine interviews for later release, photoshoots etc. Then everything could be ready to go after October when the shows end

I hope they tease this whole process on TIkTok as well!! Remember when they were at that hotel and we thought they were shooting a music video? I think it turned out to be a photo session for the back cover of FOAM!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hope they tease this whole process on TIkTok as well!! Remember when they were at that hotel and we thought they were shooting a music video? I think it turned out to be a photo session for the back cover of FOAM!

It was the Madonna Inn at San Luis 🥺 I remember because we were lost during our trip and we stop in the fucking parking lot of this hotel while they were in there to put our GPS. I only knew they were there the day after.

• Surprised 3

51 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It was a photoshoot and a music video, but the video was scrapped and we never saw it. 

• Like 1

For what reason Billie dyed his hair red recently? Any connection to a cover shoot? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

For what reason Billie dyed his hair red recently? Any connection to a cover shoot? 

Where are you seeing his hair red?

21 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Where are you seeing his hair red?

didn't he share a picture of his red dyed head on his IG profile? Propably a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Tomcat20 said:

That's true. It was one pic and gone.

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

August could be filled with all the behind the scenes stuff to prepare for promotion and marketing — the business meetings, decisions on artwork and packaging, firming up dates, magazine interviews for later release, photoshoots etc. Then everything could be ready to go after October when the shows end

Or they could just wait. They can hold on to it as long as they want. There's no rush for them I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Tomcat20 said:

That was an older picture from during the pandemic

• Like 2

Since they have been teasing us so much with 1972, why did they pretty much keep the FOAM sessions a secret? I'm assuming the SongsForAssholes account was full of session photos and videos, because they kept it private? Anybody here ever get to see what that account was all about?

18 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was a photoshoot and a music video, but the video was scrapped and we never saw it. 

Has the scrapping of any other Green Day music videos happened before i wonder ?