1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

10 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

Album on March/april, tour on may/june is my thought. The question here is when the promotion is going to start(single, videos, interviews etc.)? 

It's all starting to make sense to me now. We all want it to come out ASAP because we're going by how soon they started teasing, December 2021. At that time, there was a rumor, or I think it was Billie himself that told a fan that they were putting out a 6 song EP soon. The initial teasers showed them at RAK in London. And then we started seeing them in LA, back to London, and then back in LA. And a recent TikTok has the hashtag #NewAlbum!! I think we're possibly looking at a double album here, or maybe even a triple, as we're approaching the 10th anniversary of the Trilogy!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I don't think it will be another September single, February album. I think that was announced so early just to coincide with the Hella Mega announcement. My prediction would be a February announcement, May album release. Similar timeline to 21CB.

And the KYE single was released just a month before that. Also, if May is the case, then that would make it the longest time between recording completion and release.

1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours was a compilation of 2 1990 EPs, released in October 1991

Kerplunk was recorded May-September 1991 and released in December 1991 (3 months)

Dookie was recorded August-October 1993 and released in February 1994 (4 months)

Insomniac was recorded in December 1994-May 1995 and released in October 1995 (5 months)

Nimrod was recorded in March-July 1997 and released in October 1997 (3 months)

Warning was recorded in January-May 2000 and released in October 2000 (5 months)

American Idiot was recorded in April 2003-March 2004 and released in September 2004 (6 months)

21st Century Breakdown was recorded in January 2008-April 2009 and released in May 2009 (1 month)

The Trilogy was recorded February 2012-June 2012 and released in September, November, and December 2012 (3 month wait for ¡UNO!, 2 month wait for ¡DOS!, 1 month wait for ¡TRÉ!)

Revolution Radio was recorded 2014-Early 2016 and released in October 2016 (Approximately 5 months?)

Father of All Motherfuckers was recorded in June-September 2019 and released in February 2020 (5 months)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Plus he never actually said it was an EP, just that at that time they had recorded six songs in London. It could have just been early on in the process and they didn’t know what it was going to be

It was going to a six song full length album, but then Billie saw how angry people were about the 10 songs Father of All and went and wrote more songs.   Haha

• Haha 4

The album is already in the mixing stage right now (or already mastering, depending how recent the videos of CLA were). Wouldn‘t it be quite a long time if they wait for the release until next year? And Billie never said that the album won‘t be out until 2023, he said that it will „probably“ come out in 2023 😅

2 hours ago, Flashback said:

The album is already in the mixing stage right now (or already mastering, depending how recent the videos of CLA were). Wouldn‘t it be quite a long time if they wait for the release until next year? And Billie never said that the album won‘t be out until 2023, he said that it will „probably“ come out in 2023 😅

I think it does not matter how recent the videos of CLA were. They could be very recent or 1 - 2 months old. Because of that I am also 100% sure that this record will be released this year!

7 minutes ago, steve46 said:

I think it does not matter how recent the videos of CLA were. They could be very recent or 1 - 2 months old. Because of that I am also 100% sure that this record will be released this year!

Yes, I also think that it could be released this year. Because why should the hold back a finished album for almost a year 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flashback said:

Exactly!!! This interview could’ve been before the plans were 100% set in stone

Even if the record is done, there's more to do. Artwork. Setting up promo. Planning release. Planning your dates.

• Like 2

Don't they plan releases around what other new releases will be coming out at the same time and how that could impact on the album's performance? 

10 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Don't they plan releases around what other new releases will be coming out at the same time and how that could impact on the album's performance? 

I don't think so. It's not like movies where there is direct competition. I feel like music is different where if you're a big enough fan you'll buy it no matter when it's released.

They can’t possibly keep us waiting too much longer if the sessions are done. I remember when we saw Butch Walker’s studio video and FOAM didn’t come out for about another 10 months after that. According to Green Day’s Wikipedia, the sessions actually wrapped up in September 2019, around the time the single came out, so the wait really wasn’t that long. It just seemed long to us because we were basically kept in the dark

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

I have it on good authority that they have to re-record tambourines, so we may not see it until 2024 at the very earliest. Tre' used the wrong color tambourine apparently and Billie is pissed.

I think it's not so much color of tambourine, but not enough mushrooms that Tre consumed while recording it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mato said:

I think it's not so much color of tambourine, but not enough mushrooms that Tre consumed while recording it.

Green Day never consumed enough mushrooms tbh… they’re the least psychedelic band I can think of.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mato said:

I think it's not so much color of tambourine, but not enough mushrooms that Tre consumed.

Well the mushrooms can change the color (or perception of the color.)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Even if the record is done, there's more to do. Artwork. Setting up promo. Planning release. Planning your dates.

Sure, but these things already happen during recording and post production. If we take a look at @GDFan2019‘s post above, we see that the time between the end of production and the release wasn’t that long in the past

• Like 1