1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Only just now reading that backwards and that's pretty funny 😄 I bet Mike came up with that

So there must be other 21CB demo tracks out there somewhere, I'm surprised we only got to hear the one

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

So there must be other 21CB demo tracks out there somewhere, I'm surprised we only got to hear the one

Oh for sure. They record demos of all songs. That's what demoes are lol

21 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Oh for sure. They record demos of all songs. That's what demoes are lol

LOL what I meant to say was, were they all leaked on that private radio? Because I’m surprised we only got to hear the 21CB demo

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

LOL what I meant to say was, were they all leaked on that private radio? Because I’m surprised we only got to hear the 21CB demo

Yeah, no one must have known about it or been recording. The 21CB demo was 100% leaked by the band.

6 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

WAHT DOES IT MEAN

American Idiot symbol with an almost full circle. 

We haven't quite made it to the full circle yet but we will be there in 2024. They've gotta be teasing an anniversary tour, right?

Would be a very strange thing to post if it was only referring to a 20 year anniversary without anything to go with it. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Red said:

American Idiot symbal with an almost full circle. 

We haven't quite made it to the full circle yet but we will be there in 2024. They've gotta be teasing the anniversary, right?

We already figured that out. It's the Metro Chicago logo with the heart grenade and they're playing there on July 29th

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Please don't tell me they're doing another album cover with the AI handgrenade... Like 2 albums in a row? idk if that's what this is, I just hope it's not. But it can't be worse than the FOAMF cover, right? Right??

Maybe GDfan was finally right

2 years before the American Idiot anniversary? Like I imagine it is probably quite likely that we get an AI anniversary deluxe edition or something for its 20th anniversary but this seems way too early to be teasing this, especially since there's almost definitely going to be a new album released before 2024

I doubt they'll use the cover again, but that being said FOAM came out... and someone actually thought it's cover was a good idea... So who knows?

I think a deluxe/anniversary edition of AI could absolutely be a thing. 

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

We already figured that out. It's the Metro Chicago logo with the heart grenade and they're playing there on July 29th

Ah okay... Well that's a weird thing to post all over social media. 

I posted this in the TikTok thread but I think this could be relevant here too.

Could this mean they're "dropping" 1972 news soon?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I posted this in the TikTok thread but I think this could be relevant here too.

Could this mean they're "dropping" 1972 news soon?

Nope - means bands are trying to make TikTok videos these days to try and increase popularity and relevance

4 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

It's the "putting all eggs into one basket" approach that I just don't get. I mean, there's nothing wrong with using TikTok, it's a platform like many others and I can see how some stuff works better on there than on FaceBook, YouTube or Instagram for instance, but to go almost silent on all other platform whilst TikTok gets a ton of fresh and regular content just seems bizarre/unprofessional and as if they'd left the job of managing their social media accounts to a hyperactive kid who can't focus on more than one platform at a time. 

Especially when this is an older band with fans of all ages. I can see if they were Gen Z with all young fans who didn’t use any other platform 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cali89 said:

I'm glad they're posting on social media but I kind of wish they would post on instagram more often. I don't even have tiktok but I go on insta a million times a day. I got so excited from their cryptic post today. Even before we knew exactly what it meant I knew it meant things are happening! 

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Especially when this is an older band with fans of all ages. I can see if they were Gen Z with all young fans who didn’t use any other platform 

They did post that Metro logo on Instagram too

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And on Facebook

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

7 minutes ago, Arnel said:

And on Facebook

I think the OP was talking about the regular content like the TikTok videos, new album teases and stuff. The Metro thing I get they are announcing a live show 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think the OP was talking about the regular content like the TikTok videos, new album teases and stuff. The Metro thing I get they are announcing a live show 

But we still don't know whether or not if it's a 1972 secret show

58 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Yes we do - it is not

They could easily play something new

they’ve called  it a “special set”

Probably not but we won’t know until Friday

7 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

It's the "putting all eggs into one basket" approach that I just don't get. I mean, there's nothing wrong with using TikTok, it's a platform like many others and I can see how some stuff works better on there than on FaceBook, YouTube or Instagram for instance, but to go almost silent on all other platform whilst TikTok gets a ton of fresh and regular content just seems bizarre/unprofessional and as if they'd left the job of managing their social media accounts to a hyperactive kid who can't focus on more than one platform at a time. 

It's not like you actually need to use tik tok to watch the videos. Also you could just come to this thread and it's all here anyways 

2 hours ago, purplebenny said:

They could easily play something new

they’ve called  it a “special set”

Probably not but we won’t know until Friday

I would be nice if they play album cuts that they probably never played live before. But should we really count that as a "special" set especially if this is an intimate show for all the die hard fans that already know all the songs and not just the hits? Or if it's just going to be the same set they're playing at Lollapalooza, what's the sense of having a secret show? I seriously think they'll be playing new stuff!!!

At this point I'm sure they are making an experimental rock album 😄😄

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Arnel said:

At this point I'm sure they are making an experimental rock album 😄😄

This can't possibly be on the album, right?