1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Bro, I started this whole Bratwurst thing. If that is Happening because of me, im going to Lose my mind 

• Haha 4

I saw the hot dog and immediately thought of the towel...

AI doesn't turn 20 yet... Something for Lolla is a thought. 
That being said, if they want to do a stint of club shows sometime soon, I won't be upset. Oh gosh, how am I suppose to focus on work now?

• Like 2

If this is a reference to their new album, I will be kinda cranky about it.

That would be 2 albums in a row that reference AI. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Maybe this is the album cover, just the AI is replaced with a "1972"

Actually on second thought it's probably just an American idiot anniversary concert thing, 1972 is probably to far off and they only tease it on TikTok.

Anyways someone wake up gdfan

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Please don't tell me they're doing another album cover with the AI handgrenade... Like 2 albums in a row? idk if that's what this is, I just hope it's not. But it can't be worse than the FOAMF cover, right? Right??

Maybe GDfan was finally right

3 minutes ago, Juliajk said:

That’s interesting. American Idiot anniversary related maybe? 

2 years before the American Idiot anniversary? Like I imagine it is probably quite likely that we get an AI anniversary deluxe edition or something for its 20th anniversary but this seems way too early to be teasing this, especially since there's almost definitely going to be a new album released before 2024

• Like 1

I highly doubt this is the the 1972 cov...wait what if 1972 is actually an American idiot sequel? Didn't BJA say he wanted to do that? What if they release it for AIs 20th?

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with using the AI heart grenade as a general motif/band logo. They did it long enough with the Warning electric shock symbol.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4

Probably nothing to do with about the new album but Green Day is likely the unannounced surprise after show at metro Chicago on Friday night.

Edited by GreenDay_Fan
  • Like 3

It is maybe a power button and/or a horseshoe and a handgrenade 

"Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"

2 years out is surely too far for the anniversary stuff

Think they just retweeted it has something to do with lolla...still the half circle is kinda outta nowhere maybe that part will be part of the next album cover 

1 minute ago, GreenDay_Fan said:

Probably nothing to do with about the new album but Green Day is likely the unannounced surprise after show at metro Chicago on Friday night.

I could be wrong, but I think Lolla has some clause that says performers can't perform in the Chicago area for X number of months before or after Lolla

I don’t think this has anything to do with the new album. The emojis suggest a summer show. Lolla is a good guess or a special run of shows where they play the album in full

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenDay_Fan said:

The what now?

Just now, Zebahar said:

I could be wrong, but I think Lolla has some clause that says performers can't perform in the Chicago area for X number of months before or after Lolla

The after shows are part of lolla…it’s the American idiot who metro logo combined. 

1 minute ago, Punx96 said:

May that not Finished circle around that heart, means New song incoming/ almost loaded

I agree it looks like a power button so maybe just a newish AI logo for live shows like high power energy

1 minute ago, GreenDay_Fan said:

The after shows are part of lolla…it’s the American idiot who metro logo combined. 

What’s that do you have an image?

• Like 1

Green Day played their 'first american idiot show' on July, 29th back in 2004...if im not wrong, this was the first time they ever played American Idiot and Jesus of Suburbia live to a public audience so maybe it's a sort of celebration of american idiot's 18 years?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

It looks like the Cigarettes and Valentines album cover...

There is no offical cover as far as I know

5 minutes ago, GreenDay_Fan said:

Good call. Yep, the circle is Metro

Centered-Metro-Red-Sticker-Favicon.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1