1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

17 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

That... uhhh.. doesn't sound right. In this video from CLA where they're wrapping up the mix of "Know Your Enemy", it was on February 27. Unless they recorded, mixed, and mastered something extremely late.

Murder City maybe 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

That... uhhh.. doesn't sound right. In this video from CLA where they're wrapping up the mix of "Know Your Enemy", it was on February 27. Unless they recorded, mixed, and mastered something extremely late.

Wasn't Murder City a late addition?

• Thanks 1

CLA mixes extremely quickly, if they have the whole album recorded it would probably take a week or two with revisions.

Mastering doesn’t take too long either, but depends on, (I’m assuming), Ted Jensens schedule

Just now, Jankowski576 said:

CLA mixes extremely quickly, if they have the whole album recorded it would probably take a week or two with revisions.

Mastering doesn’t take too long either, but depends on, (I’m assuming), Ted Jensens schedule

The real time wait is going to be related to marketing and pre-release promo, and physical production.

8 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

The real time wait is going to be related to marketing and pre-release promo, and physical production.

Yep. I hope the guys get a break between touring too. But who knows, maybe they're itching to do stuff outside of the FOAM/Hella Mega umbrella. But, it would be fantastic to have a single before the string of festivals happen in September/October (Lolla and Outside Lands probably too soon).

• Like 2

i would love to hear a single in Rock In Rio, but maybe they would be aiming for a february/march tour.. so, this last run of festivals will still be a HM kinda deal

15 minutes ago, Alf said:

i would love to hear a single in Rock In Rio, but maybe they would be aiming for a february/march tour.. so, this last run of festivals will still be a HM kinda deal

But I don’t think Weezer or Fall Out Boy are playing any of them. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

2023 World Tour would be cool. 
Haven't had the chance to see them for Hella Mega. But I know it was a big year for them tho. I hope they're not too tired. Last show on October 21st I guess they will take a break for November and December at least.

I’m hoping hard for a new song at F1 on October 21. It’s just Green Day as far as I know so just their fans.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m hoping hard for a new song at F1 on October 21. It’s just Green Day as far as I know so just their fans.

Do they still have a deal with the NHL and NBC? Maybe they'll have the single out in time to be the new theme song once the season starts

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do they still have a deal with the NHL and NBC? Maybe they'll have the single out in time to be the new theme song once the season starts

Pretty sure the deal went off after the all star game performance 😂 But hey the only time Green Day had a deal with the NHL my team went to the Stanley Cup Final. I don't think it's coincidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Pretty sure the deal went off after the all star game performance 😂 But hey the only time Green Day had a deal with the NHL my team went to the Stanley Cup Final. I don't think it's coincidence.

They actually released here comes the shock at the winter classic after that, so maybe not!

If Tre says that this record is gonna be really good then it will be really good. Ladies and gentlemen... Mr. Tre Cooool...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arnel said:

Mike has "1972" in his Instagram bio now

He always has since the teasers started

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

But I don’t think Weezer or Fall Out Boy are playing any of them. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

FOB play Rock In Rio too... But when I said these festival runs would be kinda Hella mega, I was talking about setlist wise. I don't see the band changing the modus operandi this year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

FOB play Rock In Rio too... But when I said these festival runs would be kinda Hella mega, I was talking about setlist wise. I don't see the band changing the modus operandi this year

I guess if they do have a new single out by then, maybe they'll switch out Pollyanna for the new song? And then put out a new setlist for the next tour which would include 4 or 5 singles from 1972?

Their newest teaser reignited my excitement for this album. Things are happening again! :D 

• Like 2

Tour wise

would it not make more sense to wait til 2024 and do an AI anniversary combined with 1972?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplebenny said:

Tour wise

would it not make more sense to wait til 2024 and do an AI anniversary combined with 1972?

They did their dookie shows in 2013 for some reason 

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

2023 World Tour would be cool. 
Haven't had the chance to see them for Hella Mega. But I know it was a big year for them tho. I hope they're not too tired. Last show on October 21st I guess they will take a break for November and December at least.

Don’t see them managing that due to there being so many tours still to take place due to Covid.

Nah I’ve heard those songs enough. As much as I’d love to hear Homecoming live they have already milked the album to death. And it is my favorite album of all time lol. If they do it at all hopefully it’s a low-key surprise thing like the Dookie anniversary shows.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Nah I’ve heard those songs enough. As much as I’d love to hear Homecoming live they have already milked the album to death. And it is my favorite album of all time lol. If they do it at all hopefully it’s a low-key surprise thing like the Dookie anniversary shows.

Not everyone has or will likely ever get a chance to hear AI deep cuts live. A celebration for a year or so of that album's legacy won't hurt anyone but it'll make a lot of people happy.

• Like 1