1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

29 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Shit, those heavy guitars 😍 Definitely sounds drop D tuning, which I think has only been used on "Whatsername".

Also, CLA!!!! Heck yes. This clip seems like it was from listening to mixes. Curious if it is a dated clip, or new. Anyone keeping up with their hair and facial hair styles to compare?

The two quotes at the end: "This record is going to be so good." "1972 y'all"

Billie posted the pic of him in the pink socks to his IG stories yesterday I believe 

26 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:

Someone on reddit posted this: "After pausing and looking, it looks like this is pre-atmos rig setup for CLA. This means this might have already happened a few weeks or even months ago"

Maybe we are close to a single

Can you please post a link to that Reddit thread?

I think all of this is already done. Question is are they gonna release it digitally first or wait for vinyl to be ready? If they want the vinyl it could be another six months which explains why Billie said the album may not be out until next year.  Maybe a Sept/Oct single release at least like with FOAM

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Can you please post a link to that Reddit thread?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think all of this is already done. Question is are they gonna release it digitally first or wait for vinyl to be ready? If they want the vinyl it could be another six months which explains why Billie said the album may not be out until next year.  Maybe a Sept/Oct single release at least like with FOAM

For all we know, maybe production, even vinyl production has already started

This is probably a dumb question, but could someone tell me what or who is CLA is? Thanks lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cali89 said:

This is probably a dumb question, but could someone tell me what or who is CLA is? Thanks lol 

Chris Lord-Alge. The mixing engineer who mixed many Green Day albums (by example American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown). He is very famous for his wide and rich sound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Shit, those heavy guitars 😍 Definitely sounds drop D tuning, which I think has only been used on "Whatsername".

Also, CLA!!!! Heck yes. This clip seems like it was from listening to mixes. Curious if it is a dated clip, or new. Anyone keeping up with their hair and facial hair styles to compare?

The two quotes at the end: "This record is going to be so good." "1972 y'all"

Love you Matt. Hope your doing well Matt.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Haha I swear someone lurks here and saw us doubting the 1972 title. 24 hours later — it’s back baby! 😜

Totally!

Does anybody think that piano part at the end of the teaser is going to be on the record or is it just some random preset on that keyboard?

Okay I'm letting myself be excited now 👀

Love Mike and his "they have no idea" at the end :D 

foam was a let down in the end (sad to say sth like this about gd but, it was not what they are capable of)

i hope for a sick album cover picture this time

this new teaser reminds me a bit of Wild One from dos, just a bit heavier-sounding

so far it seems that all of this is going to a right direction(CLA!), i cant wait for the outcome, and even if billie said new album in 2023, i have a strong feeling for a single in august/september and album release sometime in october/november/december :)

(cant wait to play the new songs on guitar, i just replayed all their albums, revrad was a solid one for guitar but foam is just no fun to play)

10 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

foam was a let down in the end (sad to say sth like this about gd but, it was not what they are capable of)

i hope for a sick album cover picture this time

this new teaser reminds me a bit of Wild One from dos, just a bit heavier-sounding

so far it seems that all of this is going to a right direction(CLA!), i cant wait for the outcome, and even if billie said new album in 2023, i have a strong feeling for a single in august/september and album release sometime in october/november/december :)

(cant wait to play the new songs on guitar, i just replayed all their albums, revrad was a solid one for guitar but foam is just no fun to play)

I actually recorded a cover of Meet Me on the Roof right when the album came out

And I recently posted a short cover of the 2nd 1972 teaser

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cd3X43Jg3Cx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 4

Is there a chance with the cheeky/laugh “1972 yaaal” and the “they have no idea”

that maybe it’s not an LP?.. i dont know what it could be, but speculation?

Or we’re WAAAAY off in terms of name 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Is there a chance with the cheeky/laugh “1972 yaaal” and the “they have no idea”

that maybe it’s not an LP?.. i dont know what it could be, but speculation?

Or we’re WAAAAY off in terms of name 

But the teaser from the day before had the hashtag #NewAlbum

• Like 3

Based on tres post, I think mixing is going on right now - super exciting but we’re not days away from a single or anything like that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Tré Cool on IG Story. 

294868788-1148815008999610-7040962703557

Can someone zoom in on that screen to see if we can catch any song titles?

13 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Based on tres post, I think mixing is going on right now - super exciting but we’re not days away from a single or anything like that

I say maybe late August for at least a single. As we’ve been saying, for all we know, these posts and teasers could already be months old

Mixing probably shouldn't take too long. I just looked up 21CB on Wikipedia and it says the last recording session was in April 2009 and it was released the next month.

30 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Mixing probably shouldn't take too long. I just looked up 21CB on Wikipedia and it says the last recording session was in April 2009 and it was released the next month.

That... uhhh.. doesn't sound right. In this video from CLA where they're wrapping up the mix of "Know Your Enemy", it was on February 27. Unless they recorded, mixed, and mastered something extremely late.

• Like 2