1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

What I’d like to know is, if they stopped calling it 1972, why haven’t they started teasing a new hashtag yet?

11 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What I’d like to know is, if they stopped calling it 1972, why haven’t they started teasing a new hashtag yet?

They might not have settled on a title yet or they have and now they want to save it until official announcement and promo begins (build anticipation and also avoid getting swooped again)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They might not have settled on a title yet or they have and now they want to save it until official announcement and promo begins (build anticipation and also avoid getting swooped again)

1973 bitches

• Haha 4

What album or albums in their discog do you expect it to sound like? I'm thinking Revrad and Uno

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

1973 bitches

This is like the Price is Right strategy to naming albums!  Lol!😂. I like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

What album or albums in their discog do you expect it to sound like? I'm thinking Revrad and Uno

21stcb

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

21stcb

I would love that!

25 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

21stcb

LMFAO that’s what we all thought Magnum Opus was going to be!!!! 😆

• Like 2

What will come first- The album, or the 1,972nd page of this thread?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

What will come first- The album, or the 1,972nd page of this thread?

Well we are on page 172 right now

7 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

You are probably right, from the earlier studio videos I got vibes from both of these records. 

Uno's simplicity with a touch of RevRad's louder and more aggressive overall sound.

3 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

21stcb

I really, really wish that were the case, but I don't think that's what this album will be. I think if they were going super ambitious again they'd be keeping this thing more under wraps... and while it could still be a possibility, I didn't really get those kind of vibes with the snippets.

From what I could tell, they didn't seem to be experimenting with a wide range of different sounds or styles or anything like that. That being said it was likely very early, and they might have just been figuring out how the songs fit together before adding in all the other instruments making the songs sound epic. Keeping in mind though, 21CB was apparently written on piano before it was translated to what we know, so that's also something to consider.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I was getting American Idiot vibes from the teasers, and they confirmed it with the Homecoming Ocean Way teaser

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I was getting American Idiot vibes from the teasers, and they confirmed it with the Homecoming Ocean Way teaser

They used blade runner music in one of the snippets. That means this is a confirmed Cyberpunk themed American Idiot Sequel album!

/s. 

In seriousness, they were just covering up the sound because they likely weren't ready for us to hear it yet. Sure them using a particular song could mean something... maybe.. but I really don't think that's the case. 

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Remember FOAM anyone?

Nope

8 hours ago, That Dude said:

Oh Fack?

Obviously the album is going to include a cover of the Eminem song Fack. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, legendary said:

New BJ story

It seems they're in studio again...

What is it for those of us who don't use social media?

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What is it for those of us who don't use social media?

Idk how to upload videos here but it's a drum beat, sounds different from the typical Green Day but I like it hehe