1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I believe it has been exactly 7 months since the first teaser. Time flies…

• Like 3

They must have definitely changed the name of the album because this latest TikTok teaser doesn't have the #1972 hashtag

EDIT: I also just noticed it has a #newsong hashtag, so maybe that means a new single is imminent?!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I posted the recent two in the TikTok thread as well. It is interesting that they’re no longer using the 1972 tag when it was once in every teaser.  Will it turn out to be an abandoned project like C&V? 

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I posted the recent two in the TikTok thread as well. It is interesting that they’re no longer using the 1972 tag when it was once in every teaser.  Will it turn out to be an abandoned project like C&V? 

I hope it's a full album including the 6 songs intended for the 1972 EP

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hope it's a full album including the 6 songs intended for the 1972 EP

The EP we think was the original plan but we don’t know what it was intended to be other than a project recorded in London

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The EP we think was the original plan but we don’t know what it was intended to be other than a project recorded in London

And then I started thinking maybe 1972 has been the title of a documentary all along

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

They must have definitely changed the name of the album because this latest TikTok teaser doesn't have the #1972 hashtag

Well they did use a rolling stones song from 1973 so who knows lol

I thought they'd abandoned the 1972 hashtag because another band already used it? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong? 

• Like 2

maybe we are closer than we thought?

uno dos tre got their first single in july, with lp release in sep/nov/dec

revrad single in aug, lp release in oct

foam single in sep, lp release in feb

if they stick to this (single in august/september) they could release the lp by the end of this year or sometime in the beginning of 2023, or spring 2023 to support shows in summer '23

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it's still 1972 but under a different name.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I’m surprised they’re not teasing with a new hashtag

32 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I still think it's 1972, but the marketing hasn't started yet.

7 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I thought they'd abandoned the 1972 hashtag because another band already used it? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong? 

We wondered if they’d change it after  Black Crowes released their album in May called 1972. That was around the time Green Day stopped using it so I have a feeling they decided to change it though that’s all the evidence we have. Nothing official explaining why

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We wondered if they’d change it after  Black Crowes released their album in May called 1972. That was around the time Green Day stopped using it so I have a feeling they decided to change it though that’s all the evidence we have. Nothing official explaining why

It's probably a temporary thing. Once the album is announced and marketing kicks in, I think they'll start pushing the 1972 thing again.

...by then there should be enough of a gap that there won't really be any confusion around the name.

They really got swooped on that one. That’s the risk of teasing a title too early. Then when the project release got pushed beyond 2022, it didn’t even have that 50 year significance anymore so there was even less reason to insist on keeping it. I’d love to hear the story though. After months of teasing with the visuals and the hashtags, did they lose their shit when the Black Crowes got the jump on them?

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If they want it to be 1972, it'll be 1972. I doubt they give a shit about another band shares the name (especially the black Crows lol)

• Like 4

Just now, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

If they want it to be 1972, it'll be 1972. I doubt they give a shit about another band shares the name (especially the black Crows lol)

Exactly. Many artists have used the same album and song names before. If Green Day have decided on the name, they'll likely keep it...

All will be revealed when the album is... you know, revealed.

• Like 4

I just think it’s telling that every post was all about #1972 and now they’re teasing again and it’s #newalbum and no more mention of that title or whatever it was

Maybe they don’t want all their hashtags to go to the Crowes album posts. Too much confusion 

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The fact that they're not even teasing on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook is so stupid. 
So people who know about the next project is us or 15 years old kids.

yeah, lame marketing as usual... not surprised

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Red said:

I think it's intentional.

They're just telling the fans that there's something in the works before they come out and reveal it officially to the whole world. They've done stuff like that in the past, and to be honest I think it's nice that they care about their fans enough to do stuff like this.

Because it's not in marketing phase yet... they're literally just teases.. they don't actually reveal or announce anything besides that "something is coming".

They even cover up the music and sound with another unrelated songs audio, as if they aren't quite ready for us to hear it yet. If that isn't evidence that this isn't "marketing" then I don't know what is.

Now, I know that some smart cookies out there can actually isolate the song through fancy AI software stuff, but that's wayyyy beyond me... maybe @RongoIK might know how to help though :P

to tease something is part of a marketing strategy. Promotion is not something that starts only when everything is done and ready to pre-sale. These studios clips are part of something that is coming, otherewise, they woudn't be out there

• Like 2

I always tought tease was marketing.

• Thanks 1